Forums

Changing connected email Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-200-66279557

3bane
May Member 2023

3bane

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi
My email provider is starting to charge me for my various email accts.
I have a lot of acct on RS and I need to change the email that Jagex use to mail me, so that all my accts have the same mailing acct at Jagex. I do not need to change log in mail adr.

My trouble is this; why does it take soooo long time for me to get the mails back from Jagex when I try to change communication mail?

04-May-2023 12:20:30 - Last edited on 04-May-2023 12:56:41 by 3bane

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
3bane

There could be several different problems here:
You might only be able to set a registered email change on one or two accounts per day.
This is an anti-hijacker feature, to stop a hijacker from stealing all a players accounts at once.

Or, are you getting the emails but, when you click the link, it says it is expired?
If so, clear your browser cache and request the emails again.
Instructions: Clear browser cache

Or, are you not receiving the emails at all?
If so, work through the points on the Not receiving emails support page.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

04-May-2023 13:40:18

3bane
May Member 2023

3bane

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, I have been trying to change the communication mail address now for 2 days. I use the correct place to do it, but I do no receive mails from Jagex. I have checked the my mail acc, sending myself mail from various accounts, and it works just fine. Somehow, it doesn't work from Jagex.

I want to delete the mail acc I use to log in, which also is the mail acc for communication. But since Jagex mail service must have some issues, I can't.

Seems I havent received mail from Jagex/runescape since last year, on non of my accts that have online.no in mail address for the communication email address. Please, someone help.
I just bought keys on this acc, just to see if I got a receipt, and I don't seem to get that either.

Sorry about the multiple post about the issue, but I am getting frustrated here.

And now? Yesterday I got mails on almost all of the acc about that 7 day reminder Prime game thing. But all of those are from address [email protected]. Still no receipt for my purchase tho, and no respond when I try hit that change comm mail address.

05-May-2023 12:01:43 - Last edited on 10-May-2023 08:19:45 by 3bane

BerryWeather
Nov Member 2021

BerryWeather

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a similar problem. My email provider decided to block my email account and the recovery option is an old phone number which doesn't even exist anymore (yeah ok my fault I didn't update that one), so I can not recover my email account even though my login details with username and password are correct.

But this email address I cannot access anymore (and will never be able to access again) is the one I signed up with for runescape. I have only this one runescape account and I do not want to run the risk of losing access.

So I absolutely MUST change the email address to which my runescape account is linked.

I checked the help page, and it has two options, one for people which can still access the email with which they signed up and one for people which cannot.

So I went with the 2nd option and it told me I need to file a recovery request. That makes no sense because I do not need to recover my account, it works totally fine. I know the address/name I signed up with and didn't forget my password or anything. But anyway, because the help page said so, I did file that recovery request.

After confirming several times that I'm not a robot, I got a message on screen telling me they'll process my request and send an answer to my registered email - WHICH I CANNOT ACCESS!!!!!!

How does that make any sense at all? So please, if any support people read this here, you cannot contact me via that email address anymore, please send me an ingame message or reply to my forum post here.

16-May-2023 10:14:23

Quick find code: 408-409-200-66279557 Back to Top