Forums

RWT warning??? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-197-66286225

BootyGaming
Jun Member 2023

BootyGaming

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Using an old burner account because I’m already aware people are going to say, “yOu RwT’d GeT bAnNeD”, and downvote to oblivion. Don’t want this linked back to my main account.

This is NOT a ban appeal. First, is there a method to appeal a warning? I received a warning that stated I have been flagged for RWT. There are a couple things that came to mind as suspicious activity. The only osrs trade I’ve made in recent memory was black, adamant, and rune pickaxes to a fresh lvl 3 account. My buddy started playing osrs from rs3 and couldn’t access the grand exchange for 25 hours iirc. He asked me to buy him a black pickaxe and I did him one better. No gold involved other than a couple picks. He hasn’t received a warning.

Next is around two and a half years ago give or take, a clannie of mine quit rs3. He gave me all of his stuff (around 4b at the time). No issues then. He came back to start an osrs iron, and asked for some of it back for bonds. I had 1.8b left on there that I gave him (the value of his items dropped significantly, don’t flame me for not flipping and merching with it lol). I understand that this looks suspicious, but both times it was the same accounts and if a mod looked into it, they could see that. He also didnt receive a warning.

And now the one I’m almost certain it has to stem from. I swapped my rs3 gp to 07. This was done a couple different times, but the most recent I want to say is around a month and a half ago. I learned about chain bans as I saw this warning pop up and started researching. I used oakdice to swap, and my trade history would should that as well.

I’m stressing because my account is over 15 years old on rs3, maxed minus necro, and I’m mid level on osrs now, and just started learning toa. Done some vorkath, and zulrah. I’m afraid to participate in clan toa runs as they’re splits, and I don’t want to get somebody else’s account flagged and mine banned until this is sorted. To hose who help, cheers.

31-Aug-2023 21:44:43

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
BootyGaming

Participating in a clan toa run shouldn't be a problem. You are all doing PvM. Getting a monster drop, even a split, isn't RWT.

It can take Jagex some time to investigate RWTs as they follow all the trade movements. Sometimes there is quite a bit of activity to track as they work to pin down the primary RWTer.
The primary RWTer and their associated accounts would have been banned, all the victims would have just got a warning.
If you got a warning, Jagex have identified your account as a victim. Don't be concerned, it's just a warning to be more careful with your trading activity .

You can't appeal. Jagex have established that the RWT happened but that your account was not knowingly, deliberately participating in the RWT.
This is not a recorded offence however next time it will be recorded as an offence.
I recommend you don't ever swap gp again between RS3 and OSRS. You just can't guarantee that you are receiving non-RWT gp.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

01-Sep-2023 00:44:47

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
... First, is there a method to appeal a warning? ...
'
NOPE
' ... a warning is what it is,
it is a warning to stop what you are doing
. If not ... more severe punishment will lie ahead and might almost be 100% sure '
Irreversible
'.

01-Sep-2023 12:15:11 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2023 12:15:48 by 2_Tron

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,757 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
" it is a warning to stop what you are doing"

It's a warning to stop buying gold. If you didn't do that, then what behavior is supposed to be changed? Everything?

If it's meant to be a friendly warning they should consider re-wording it. A lot.

01-Sep-2023 13:06:44

M3rchm3now
Mar Member 2024

M3rchm3now

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well i had a warning for RWT too...

Even tho, i actually never have bought gold lol(i know that is what we all say)

All i did last month was a drop party towards the clan with the income of donations of the year of the clan.
And i did a raid with my buddy on my group iron man acc and he got a fang in ToA...
So he splitted the money towards my main acc.

Now my buddy apperantly has been banned recently for RWT(got to figure that out after the warning i got from Jagex)

But there is no money buying involved in this case. and i wonder for what the RWT warning would have been?

Drop party of 200m ish in the clan hub?
Or a 14m split from my buddy that has been banned 2 months ago for RWT?

Also is there a way to communicate with a Mod about this?

This is the only game that DONT have any reliable customer support.....

And the warning actually made me stop playing my main now...

Dont wanna pvm and do content when i cannot split with people... Or get falsly accused for things i did not do....

07-Jan-2024 09:23:47

The contents of this message have been hidden

08-Jan-2024 17:19:43

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ M3rchm3now - see the Macroing & RWT bans [Info] sticky for information on these types of bans. If you need additional assistance with your issue, please post your own thread, rather than hijacking the thread of another player.

In the Community Led Support Forums, it is much easier to give everyone the help they are looking for if each user creates their own thread about their issue.

Every user's situation is somewhat unique, and it can get confusing as to which post is to which user, when more than one player is trying to get help on the same thread. Advice given to the original player may not apply in each case.

Also, when tacking your situation on to another player's thread, those helping may recognize the thread as one where the issue had already been solved, and may not notice that a different situation has been added to that thread.

Thanks

@ Jared - Your post has been hidden as you may not use the forums to make accusations by name about other players, FCs or clans.

Thread is locked to prevent further hijacking
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

08-Jan-2024 23:06:37 - Last edited on 08-Jan-2024 23:09:39 by Tren

Quick find code: 408-409-197-66286225 Back to Top