Forums

Hack removed Ironman status

Quick find code: 408-409-188-66288197

ItzIronMAAM

ItzIronMAAM

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It was brought to my attention today that my account is no longer an Ironman. I have absolutely no idea how long this has been the case, since I've just been treating the account as Ironman until someone pointed out to me today that it no longer is. I have never disabled the feature, but often have taken extended breaks from the game, leaving windows of opportunity for hackers to mess with my account.

I've had issues with hackers with many online services like games and email accounts since 2020 when I was deployed to the middle east (US Army) and information was stolen over base wifi services. Jagex even helped me after the fact as my Jagex account-linked email address was changed to some middle-eastern-based email address. It seems there have been ongoing issues with this. In one instance after an extended break from the game, I logged in to see that my Ironman status was pending removal and had to quickly cancel that action and change my login information. It seems like I missed my window of opportunity this time and the status has been disabled. The whole thing is strange in that my bank never seemed to have lost value so I didn't even notice anything was off other than finding I no longer had a bank PIN.

Anyways, I've had the account for several years and it is generally fairly impressive in my estimation as an Ironman. Without the Ironman status, however, I don't even think it's worth continuing the game. Is there any avenue to contact any real Jagex support to discuss if they can help me? I don't really want to quit the game but this is honestly a pretty crushing loss. I had an authenticator and bank PIN on the account and somehow someone still removed the status. Is the account just junk now?

03-Oct-2023 05:02:38

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
ItzIronMAAM

What a tragic thing! I am really sorry but, once removed, Ironman cannot be added back onto an account.

I recommend you consider upgrading your account to a Jagex Account.
The Jagex Account upgrade from the old RuneScape account has been available for the past six months. The Jagex Account security protocol is much stronger than the old RuneScape account and a hijacker would find it almost impossible to gain entry unnoticed by you.
Information about Jagex Accounts with a further link to a FAQ page: Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

03-Oct-2023 05:48:16 - Last edited on 03-Oct-2023 05:49:24 by Malua

ItzIronMAAM

ItzIronMAAM

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea I think I did that recently when I just came back. The problem is that I was inactive over the last six months or so which must have been when it happened.

Before I give up entirely, there's no way? All the unique difficulties of playing an Ironman means an account I spent years on now feels totally wasted. Is there a technical limitation preventing a fix, or is it just not something Jagex would reapply due to the account being tainted with the ability to trade? I'm curious because I know the game keeps track of rare drops and in combination with other hard requirements a manual review of my bank could confirm that I don't have anything I shouldn't. The account has never taken a single action that isn't Ironman capable.

Honestly, if there's absolutely no recourse I'll likely be hosting a funeral drop party with my 65M-ish bank..

03-Oct-2023 06:12:22

The contents of this message have been hidden

15-Oct-2023 19:00:32

Quick find code: 408-409-188-66288197 Back to Top