Pls Help Unban Acct-4 yrs ago Thread is locked

Quick find code: 408-409-171-66288311

Sick Artwork

Sick Artwork

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Username: PokerPaint
Reason: Macroing a few agility levels
Ban Date: Nov 18, 2019

Would really appreciate if I could get my main back after almost 4 years of being banned. I've seen countless people be unbanned within weeks/months and will never try to macro ever again. Please and thank you kind OSRS souls <3

05-Oct-2023 15:11:26

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Sick Artwork

This is a tricky one to answer.
Jagex unbans macro bans when they can see that the account was in the hands of a hijacker.
When the account owner themself is the one doing the macroing, normally the appeal would be denied and the ban remain.

However for a year or two Jagex did remove bans for owner committed macroing offences. They went through the records and removed all old macroing bans and let those accounts back into the game.
Your 2019 ban would have been too recent at the time to be included in that ban removal. :(
Worse still, Jagex have now stopped doing that and gone back to the previous policy.
I really can't predict whether Jagex will do that wholesale ban removal again.

Re: your old account recovery.
Old accounts remain on the record.
You are certainly welcome to attempt a recovery however you will need to submit at least one correct old password for the account, otherwise the recovery will auto-fail.
Did your account ever have other passwords? Did you record them somewhere? Did you use the same pw on other web logins that you can look up?
You need to come up with one correct old password.

If you really can't, the only other alternative is to recover access (or recreate) the old email you had linked with your account.
If you can recover or recreate the old email, it would be simple to do a password reset to recover access to the account.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

06-Oct-2023 01:20:20

Sick Artwork

Sick Artwork

4 years is a pretty long time! I've seen so many accounts with 6-7 macro bans just in 2023 that have been successfully appealed. Was I just supposed to lie and say the account was hacked? It was for agility man, I'm a professional artist and try to prevent carpal tunnel as much as I can nowadays.

06-Oct-2023 12:10:56

Sick Artwork

Sick Artwork

Ugh :( I understand respecting the rules. We know Jagex purposely doesn't ban all the bots, allows multiple chances to keep their active #s/valuation higher/economy flowing. Funds like Carlyle Group usually end up reselling their investments so it's understandable.

06-Oct-2023 14:48:42

Sick Artwork

Sick Artwork

I had over 50 days of gameplay in 250 days before getting banned and have barely played since because of how unfair I believe the decision to ban was. I'll definitely play more if account can be unbanned and will not macro ever again because I fully understand how serious you guys take it. Do I regret doing it? Still not really because agility should have better XP drops and a lower amount needed to rank up and life is too short not to have fun. (Legit was doing it for the rev camp jump back in the day, can see on account I have over 10k rev kills)

28-Oct-2023 15:45:53

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I had over 50 days of gameplay in 250 days before getting banned and have barely played since because of how unfair I believe the decision to ban was. I'll definitely play more if account can be unbanned and will not macro ever again because I fully understand how serious you guys take it. Do I regret doing it? Still not really because agility should have better XP drops and a lower amount needed to rank up and life is too short not to have fun. (Legit was doing it for the rev camp jump back in the day, can see on account I have over 10k rev kills)
Appeal an offence ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
'.

Offences can be appealed once,
if your appeal is denied the decision is final.

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable, it means that the
Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct
and that the account's user is liable for the activity, so no further appeal is invited.

Since you admit '
Do I regret doing it? Still not really ...
' in quoted post above Jagex/JMods have evidence enough that there may be a chance of recurrence.

You've answered your question yourself.

03-Nov-2023 11:59:18

Sick Artwork

Sick Artwork

No I won't bc I know you guys are such larps about it and clearly it's political when I've seen multiple examples of people having 7+ macro bans and they've been unbanned. Can we at least give it one more chance? I promise you I'm not macroing ever again

11-Nov-2023 18:06:17

Quick find code: 408-409-171-66288311 Back to Top