Forums

Preventing Hacks?

Quick find code: 408-409-170-66277944

BoyMagic

BoyMagic

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey folks, I was hacked a few months ago and our lovely Jagex team was able to fully refund the lost item claim. During that time I took all the steps to keep my account secure under Jagex guidelines. I fell asleep at the spring event last night and logged in this morning to the middle of the wilderness. It doesn't look as though anything's been taken this time but clearly I have this disgusting feeling in my gut that doom is looming over. I have changed my password again since this initial log in this morning. Is there anything else I can do?

- BoyMagic

07-Apr-2023 20:14:47

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 45,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Firstly, verify that your computer and email account are secure.

If you haven't already upgraded to a Jagex Account, you may wish to look into doing that. That's the latest security option that Jagex provides, which migrates your RuneScape characters to a more secure Jagex Account.

See the latest newspost on the Jagex Accounts system reaching Open Beta for information about how everything works and how to get started if that is something you would like to do. Do note that while eventually Jagex Accounts will become the only way to access the game, right now it is still in a beta phase (though once you migrate, you can't go back).

07-Apr-2023 20:59:34

Quick find code: 408-409-170-66277944 Back to Top