Forums

Multilogging: Ridiculous ban

Quick find code: 408-409-146-66292077

Star Eternal
Apr Member 2022

Star Eternal

Posts: 135 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have always multilogged on accounts since playing runescape.

My main, Star Eternal, has been a member since 2004 almost consecutively. Cancelled today, due to a second series of ridiculous bans.

I have an alt with 170M WC exp. I have ~5 alts with 40-80m fishing exp. All my accounts also have other levels e.g 97 smithing, 99 cooking, 80-99 WC etc.

Roughly 1.5 years ago I was training up 3 additional fishing accounts, aiming for 82 fishing for anglerfish. They were all banned at 81.5 fishing (F2P) for "macroing major", yet all my other accounts (P2P) were not banned. APPEALS DENIED.

Early this year I made 5 more accounts, trained combat and merched at the GE. They each have ~200m+ gp value on them. Members on and off. On Dec 3rd, they are banned, "macroing major".

The day of the ban, I hadn't logged into them for at least 2 weeks. I came home from work, and played roughly 3 hours before being banned. One was simply standing in the GE. Banned for macroing... standing still in the GE??? I went for a shower mid-session, and clearly at that point all accounts ceased interactions, because Im not macroing. My appeal has again been denied on the first account.

These bans are false positives, always triggering on F2P-only accounts, and absolutely ridiculous because I'm logged into all accounts at once but only SOME are banned? One F2P account doing the same thing at the same time actually remains unbanned.

My question is, "how can I appeal this for a favourable outcome?"

Im using runelite. Im not using advantageous plugins. Im not using scripts etc. Im NOT MACROING. Its abundantly clear that the system is false positive flagging. It seems impossible to appeal, no matter what I say, because they dont investigate.

Regardless, this is prob the final time Ill be heard, because Im bloody sick of being falsely banned and losing thousands of hours and 1b+ GP in this case for no reason. The games not safe to play, goodbye 19 years of membered runescape. Time wasted.

20-Dec-2023 03:33:35

Star Eternal
Apr Member 2022

Star Eternal

Posts: 135 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To a Jagex-moderator: Pass my message along; they ought to investigate bans properly.

I understand avoiding favoratism, however it seems multiple legit players are falsely flagged macroing DAILY, and this is doing permanent damage to Jagex (slowly killing the game). Being a member since 2004, which is about to be 20 years ago, I'm obviously not a child. I do understand rules. I was also constant source of income, cancelled simply by a false detection system. This is a very poor business model and does deserve attention and communication to and from Jagex; the message should be passed along.

(Yes, I understand players predominantly post here, so if any have an answer to my question above that would be appreciated, since I'm at my wits end. This is more or less a last resort dump of my frustrations at Jagex' hopeless and unfair customer support, where someone on the internet will see it and say "ME TOO!", like I just did to a number of older locked posts about the same thing.)

20-Dec-2023 03:52:16

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Appeal an offence ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for more information.

Offences can be appealed once,
if your appeal is denied the decision is final.

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable,
it means that the Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct
and that the account's user is liable for the activity, so no further appeal is invited.

Taken from the '
Terms & Conditions
' ...

We are under no obligation to actively monitor and/or moderate User Content. We do however undertake very limited monitoring detailed below.

Anti-Cheat Technologies

We may use anti-cheat technologies in relation to the Jagex Products. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies may activate and monitor your game play, the files on your computer associated with the Jagex Product or that otherwise access our servers, and your computer's memory, purely for the purposes of detecting and preventing cheating.

If any of these anti-cheat technologies detect cheating, we may collect relevant information necessary for our investigation and enforcement purposes, including your Account name, details about the unauthorized third party program and the Jagex Product files modification detected, and the time and date it was detected. We also may terminate these Terms, your access to the Jagex Products, and your Jagex Account if we determine you have been cheating.

The day a player receives a ban/mute ...

The moment you, a player, do receive a ban/mute Jagex/JMods ended an investigation that was tight connected to one of your account(s) with a conclusive end-result.

20-Dec-2023 07:14:29

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, Star Eternal.
Original message details are unavailable.
Im using runelite. Im not using advantageous plugins. Im not using scripts etc. Im NOT MACROING. Its abundantly clear that the system is false positive flagging. It seems impossible to appeal, no matter what I say, because they dont investigate.
Although you do not get banned for merely using the normal version of RuneLite, there are certain plugins and/or add-ons that are deemed against the rules and if used, they may get your account in trouble . Since Jagex doesn't control any third-party program, that's the reason it comes with a warning.

Jagex has shared two news articles regarding third-party software:

1. Third Party Client Guidelines [June 1st, 2022]
2. Third Party Clients Update [June 17th, 2022]

Both may be found inside the Macroing & RWT bans [Info] sticky as well. Jagex is only able to fully control the clients that they own as they manage it and maintain it daily; however, that isn't true for RuneLite, for example. RuneLite does try their best to ensure that add-ons/plugins do not break the rules, but considering the vast majority of users out there and the increased probability of cheating, it's obvious that it can't be 100% bullet-proof.

Always remember that the use of any third-party software is considered "
Use at your own risk
."

If you haven't already done so , you are more than welcome to appeal the bans here: Appeal an offence . Just know that if they are denied, there is nothing else to do after that decision.

20-Dec-2023 16:39:31

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know you have probably heard this before, but it's all what we regular players may offer you here. You aren't able to directly appeal a ban here on the Forums nor try to get in touch with a Jagex Moderator as they aren't meant to be used for that. Only Jagex has access to whatever happened to your account. You are able to appeal. If this appeal is denied, then, unfortunately, it's the end of the road for that specific account.

20-Dec-2023 16:41:08

Quick find code: 408-409-146-66292077 Back to Top