Forums

Banned Account, Re-Appeal

Quick find code: 408-409-104-66292227

PinkPony R

PinkPony R

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My main account got banned awhile years ago for Macroing, hwoever the offense was not me. My account got Hijacked and the person who stole it was botting on it. I 100% recovered my account and its now fully in my control/secured and want to get my account un banned since the offense were not mine. It is very easy to see it was hijacked as the IP address were most likely extremely different since i was in the military at the time in Japan then California after a PCS. My original Appeal got denied because when i wasnt able to list all the proper information in the appeal comment section or someone didnt fully look into my situation. Like i said it is very clear i did not commit any of those offenses, and now that the account is in my control again, it would only be fair to be able to re appeal and unban my account. I can provide any and ALL information to prove everything i mentioned and prove im the owner and have been the owner since creation. All i need is someone from the support center to give me a chance, thank you for the time and consideration.

23-Dec-2023 23:45:52

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
PinkPony R

I am sorry but no-one in here can help you get the account unbanned.
We are all players in here, not Jagex Mods.

If you were playing the account from different locations (as you moved with your postings) it would be hard for Jagex to see that a hijacker's access is different as it would just be another location for an account that was moving locations anyway. You may have been using a VPN to access the game which would also muddy your proof.

All macro banned accounts from 2018 and before have been unbanned due to the passing of time. All you can hope for is that Jagex decide to do another mass unban of macro banned accounts. Who knows?
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

24-Dec-2023 00:48:29

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Appeal an offence ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for more information.

Offences can be appealed once,
if your appeal is denied the decision is final.

Unappealable offences

Where a ban or mute is unappealable,
it means that the Player Support team have already performed a thorough review to confirm that the offence is correct
and that the account's user is liable for the activity, so no further appeal is invited.

----------------------------------

Players are '
always responsible
' for said piece of digital property (RuneScape) they '
have lend/made use of
' eventhough they aren't '
active/playing
'.

There is no ... '
someone hijacked my account, so please give me my account back
' ... as all Jagex/JMods can do is '
protect their Digital Property
' from malicious activity by taking action against said account, because of detected malicious activity.
Based upon evidence this might end into a permanent ban.

24-Dec-2023 10:06:35

PinkPony R

PinkPony R

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Hi there
PinkPony R

I am sorry but no-one in here can help you get the account unbanned.
We are all players in here, not Jagex Mods.

If you were playing the account from different locations (as you moved with your postings) it would be hard for Jagex to see that a hijacker's access is different as it would just be another location for an account that was moving locations anyway. You may have been using a VPN to access the game which would also muddy your proof.

All macro banned accounts from 2018 and before have been unbanned due to the passing of time. All you can hope for is that Jagex decide to do another mass unban of macro banned accounts. Who knows?

My account got banned in 2018, so why is it not unbanned if that statement you said is true.

24-Dec-2023 23:12:18

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
... My account got banned in 2018, so why is it not unbanned if that statement you said is true.
Taken from the '
Terms & Conditions
' ...

We are under no obligation to actively monitor and/or moderate User Content. We do however undertake very limited monitoring detailed below.

Anti-Cheat Technologies

We may use anti-cheat technologies in relation to the Jagex Products. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies may activate and monitor your game play, the files on your computer associated with the Jagex Product or that otherwise access our servers, and your computer's memory, purely for the purposes of detecting and preventing cheating.

If any of these anti-cheat technologies detect cheating, we may collect relevant information necessary for our investigation and enforcement purposes, including your Account name, details about the unauthorized third party program and the Jagex Product files modification detected, and the time and date it was detected. We also may terminate these Terms, your access to the Jagex Products, and your Jagex Account if we determine you have been cheating.

The day a player receives a ban/mute ...

The moment you, a player, do receive a ban/mute Jagex/JMods ended an investigation that was tight connected to one of your account(s) with a conclusive end-result that action is justified based upon the evidence found on your account(s).

Some evidence might conclude that unbanning said account(s) is out of the question and thus said account will be excluded from '
passing of time
' as said account is the first new in line of bans.

25-Dec-2023 21:09:49

Quick find code: 408-409-104-66292227 Back to Top