Teequoze
Jan Member 2018

Teequoze

Posts: 791 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Merry Christmas!

The nutcracker outfit looks great!
Maxed CB on 09.02.2017
Maxed total 25.05.2022
Member of divine kings #1 PvP clan , clan chat "DK Army".

13-Dec-2022 11:31:16 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2022 11:31:59 by Teequoze

The contents of this message have been hidden

26-Dec-2022 14:14:18

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since there is no newspost for Secrets of the North, I'll use this thread since it's the most recent.
Before I do, I will say I thoroughly enjoyed the X mas event this year. Reminds me of the old events that were set in the land of snow.

Secrets of the North
Secrets of the north itself sounds fine. There is controversy around not being able to use the bow in barbarian assault, especially because this was not specified in the poll.

More
The 'More' section is where I find issues. It feels that only a few months since setting the polling charter you've thrown it out the window. From changing the scope of a successful poll result, to enabling player builds to be easier, updating legacy graphics and changing legacy behaviour. Why bother to introduce a charter if you'll ignore it?

1. Ore prices at blast furnace. This was explicitly an iron only question. There was no public conversation around expanding this to regular accounts nor was it polled, as to be expected from the charter.
2. Mounting stuffed heads. Whilst this isn't huge in the grand scheme of things, this is a fundamentally crucial part of the Pure experience. This should have been polled as expected from the charter.
3. Legacy graphics and interfaces such as Fairy rings, agility pyramid and equipment interface have been updated. These have had no public discussion nor were they polled. You could argue some of this is an accessibility concern, however there are plenty of better ways this could be achieved, if you just opened up the conversation and polled the ideas it would be fine.
4. Legacy behaviour such as picking up Runes/Arrows, potion sharing and chinchompa pathing have been updated. These have had no public discussion nor were they polled. You could argue these are just 'small' changes that would pass anyway, however there could be concerns about them. If you just opened up the conversation and polled the ideas it would be fine.
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

13-Jan-2023 13:33:26 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2023 13:34:30 by Lewis Shoot

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All in all I am disappointed but not surprised. As soon as I saw the polling charter newspost I knew it was a way to get content into the game that the community doesn't support. Whether this is malicious or incompetence is yet to be seen but what we can see is the detrimental effect this is already having on the game.

I feel sorry for the J mods that put their heart and soul into every thing they do. The strong bond for gaining feedback from the community and building trust is being completely swept from under them. Having put all that effort into an update that isn't wanted by the community must be a terrible feeling and not being able to correct the issue must be worse.

Personally I hate the charter but when it was introduced I at least had hope you'd stick to it. Now that hope is being extinguished. Not a great start to the year, espeically considering it's the 10th anniversary year. I hope things change for the better.
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

13-Jan-2023 13:33:30

Quick find code: 380-381-856-66268974 Back to Top