Forums

CA Expansion: Rewards

Quick find code: 380-381-847-66264828

Karmafox
Mar Member 2024

Karmafox

Posts: 185 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the proposed changes, especially the point system. Because you can be stuck by just one or a few achievements, the point system makes it more encouraging to participate and go as far as you can, because every achievement than matters.

Another thing, I still think it’s very unfair that there is a combat achievement system for the pvmers, but not a skilling achievement system for the skillers. I remember mod Ayiza making fun of the skilling side when he promoted CA, but I and many others think this isn’t fair at all. Hope to see this more balanced out in the future!

21-Oct-2022 15:42:35

S T ACK E D
Jan Member 2024

S T ACK E D

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good update overall, but i'd like you guys to consider a thing, considering this is Combat related achievement for ''YOUR'' account.
Consider or think about it one thing in the Combat achievement, which is: Team based tasks and achievements removal.

1.St . It's a combat achievements on your account. there's a word ''your'' and being able to do this thing on your account solo would be nice and reasonable, considering this is the only achievement on your account you can't do solo. Sure there's also pc games, but these games are muliplayer based games, which requires to be more than a certain amount of people to play the minigame, raids and combat monsters don't really have that requirement.

2.Nd. A lot of people just enjoy playing solo, and dislike playing with other people, for whatever reasons.

3.Rd. Even if there's people who would like to go play with friends, their reality might be that they don't have any, or if they do, the skill gap between them is so big, that there's no chance they could raid together, so they would have to relly on people they don't know, and if they'd get a drop, there's a chance the other people wouldn't share a drop. Also, there's even a service where people pay for combat achievements gp for other people, so solo players have to pay actual osrs money, to get achievements, because it's not available to be done as a solo player.

These are only a few examples, but i'd trully want you to think about , or atleast consider what i've said . Everyone knows your intentions with raids were to be a team thing, but reality is, plenty of people do it solo and enjoy it.
I think it's kinda unfair that they can do all that content, but can't unlock combat achievements because it requires a team based achievements.

If your goal with this content is to make people do more team work, you might be doing ok, but if it's to make people go for this, a lot of players won't be going for it because they're solo players, removing this lets them do it.

22-Oct-2022 00:05:47

Mike Lt
Apr Member 2007

Mike Lt

Posts: 2,992 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Extra Warrior's Guild tokens would be made obsolete by Strength Cape and honestly isn't that attractive as a benefit. I would much rather see boosted defender droprate. That way players would also be less likely to get a dry streak the untradeable BiS melee offhand.

As for the blessing that reduces weapon charge drain.... can't that just be a passive effect?

22-Oct-2022 11:52:30

Owndyouhard
Mar Member 2023

Owndyouhard

Posts: 820 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First of all I would like to say I love this proposed update! Been chasing the achievements on both accounts since they came out and adding extras to the update is something that's been really needed.

However I do have some extra ideas that make it more appealing.
As someone who does a lot of godwars and is basically maxed I feel like that I should be rewarded for my killcount. Just some minor qol extras that don't hurt the game. But benefit your time spent in GWD by a lot.

I feel like once u hit a certain amount of KC, you should for example be able to enter Bandos room without a hammer and just use your ( let's say Hard cb achievements) ghommal hilt in your inventory. Maybe even make it so you need to turn your bandos boots into plates and add it to your hilt.
Same goes with entering Zamoraks room, make it so that you can use a saradomins light on your ghommal hilt and the swimming part does not drain your prayer? Since consuming it already lights up the room using another on your hilt just lets you swim without drain.
With the release of Masori armor we got armadylealn plates, let me add a plate to my hilt, so I no longer need to bring a rune crossbow and mith grapple when I'm killing Kree'arra.

I feel like these kinds of quality of life extras would make gwds a lot more fun, especially when you have been grinding it for plenty of time. Maybe even give it a 200 kc requirement to be able to add these things to your hilt.

What I love about current CA is the cosmetics for Dhcb, but why stop at just that? Let me add it to the DHL or Rev weps. Since some CA are in wildy.
Also I would love to see the hilt from hard CA be able to added to like a rune defender. This will give lower accs/zerkers some insane flex ability.

I can remember with the boss only slayerboss you proposed like a year ago to make a blessing that could hold all your godblessings. Why not add this feature to proposed blessing for master tier? Make that blessing interesting and BIS at gwds.

22-Oct-2022 14:00:15

Mitho Logue
Jul Member 2023

Mitho Logue

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i like the warrior guild tokens on easy CA. this is achievable WAAAAYYY before 99str so please ignore everyone saying str cape makes it obsolete. early game achievements for early game rewards.

the pest control rewards seem a bit overpowered, just like the barrows boost. PC ones could be bumped one tier, not sure for barrows, i guess it might be fine, as a lvl higher it would become obsolete. all-by-all a good set of improvements, i would vote yes on them.

22-Oct-2022 22:29:21

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am not a fan of this idea. This update is proposed because not enough people are doing combat achievements but the rewards would essentially make it inefficient to not do the combat achievements. This isn't how the game should be. You should do content you enjoy because it's fun, not because you'll loose out by not doing it. RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

25-Oct-2022 14:08:08

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lewis Shoot said :
I am not a fan of this idea. This update is proposed because not enough people are doing combat achievements but the rewards would essentially make it inefficient to not do the combat achievements. This isn't how the game should be. You should do content you enjoy because it's fun, not because you'll loose out by not doing it.

This. I didn't care about combat achievements because the rewards were not powerful enough to punish players who don't want to super sweat to remain competitive. But stuff like increased thrall uptime? That's a direct combat buff as prayer is a limited resource in combat, and thus is not acceptable.

Bottom line is if you want to make some of these achievements so absurdly difficult, the rewards CAN NOT BE DESIRABLE. I realize this is against the grain of the purpose of having achievments, but cosmetic rewards and such have always been fine and relatively well received, so use that instead if you insist on pursuing this.

29-Oct-2022 06:03:02

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sei Asagiri said :
Lewis Shoot said :
I am not a fan of this idea. This update is proposed because not enough people are doing combat achievements but the rewards would essentially make it inefficient to not do the combat achievements. This isn't how the game should be. You should do content you enjoy because it's fun, not because you'll loose out by not doing it.

This. I didn't care about combat achievements because the rewards were not powerful enough to punish players who don't want to super sweat to remain competitive. But stuff like increased thrall uptime? That's a direct combat buff as prayer is a limited resource in combat, and thus is not acceptable.

Bottom line is if you want to make some of these achievements so absurdly difficult, the rewards CAN NOT BE DESIRABLE. I realize this is against the grain of the purpose of having achievments, but cosmetic rewards and such have always been fine and relatively well received, so use that instead if you insist on pursuing this.

+1

Hopefully they rethink these or they just straight up dont happen.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

29-Oct-2022 16:29:24

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just read the update to the blog and I think my original comment stands. These rewards are so rewarding they turn the combat achievements into a necessity rather than a nice to have. I'm fed up of so many rewards being like this, it turns runescape relatively horizontal progression into vertical progression. RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

01-Nov-2022 10:43:18

Quick find code: 380-381-847-66264828 Back to Top