Forums

Unranked GIM mode

Quick find code: 380-381-814-66254023

durn
Oct Member 2023

durn

Posts: 26 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The GOTR part of this update was very good - thank you. This update was great for both mass world players, and those who prefer to join with others for a smaller world. Raising the player limit to 200 increases the player experience on the official GOTR worlds, while the player lock is a great concept for those who want to host private games with each other. I do think the locking/its use should be analyzed over the next coming weeks/months. The gate lock is needed, the question I have is whether or not the current mechanics for locking such gate will allow it to be effectively used during our smaller team gameplay. "Trust in the ways of the force."
Ankou Clan
Cell Placers CC/FC GOTR

26-May-2022 16:46:15

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,053 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The untradeable items thing sounds like it would negatively impact the rest of the game. Ironmen and pures and pk'ing and so on are all good fun until updates catered specifically to them start affecting the rest of the game, which they should not.

GotR changes sound great! :) Could you please elaborate on how the endgame delay works, though? Is it just a fixed time (e.g. 30 seconds) after the guardian is powered up? Now, if Trouble Brewing could receive some lovely QoL on this level I'd brew the heck out of it!
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

27-May-2022 08:22:17

GIM Messor
May Member 2023

GIM Messor

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love the idea of allowing regular Irons the ability to convert their account down to UGIM status. I always thought this was a logical progression and always questioned why it wasn't implemented at the start of GIM (assuming UGIM was added at the start). I do wonder how this change will affect existing Irons like myself who would be willing/wanting to convert to UGIM to play with friends. My account is Iron Locked and doesn't allow me to convert my account to a normal main. If UGIM is implemented with the ability for regular irons to convert to UGIM will that option even be available for those who are Iron Locked? The option wasn't there or even thought of at the time I, and likely many others, opted to lock the account. It would be nice to see an option to allow conversion to UGIM despite the Iron Lock being present.

28-May-2022 10:29:15

Quick find code: 380-381-814-66254023 Back to Top