Forums

PJ Timer Beta & Chat Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-772-66237673

onceupon

onceupon

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What percentage of GE tax will be used to buy back/ delete items? It makes all the difference in the effect on general item prices.

Also, surely the most logical place to start on picking items to delete would be the top "X" non consumable items at a lowest percentage of their high alch value. This could change weekly to avoid hyper price rises on specific items.

01-Dec-2021 11:21:56

Lucy HFilia

Lucy HFilia

Posts: 308 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wouldn’t it be better to place the economy changes discussion in an updated economy blog? Seems a little random to have it here in the updates as it makes it seem like these changes have already been implemented with this week’s game update.

Also, is this your way of saying that you have no more interest in taking feedback for the economy proposed changes? I’m not sure I like that, and I’m still not sure I agree with making these changes without a poll right now.

With regard to the rest of the updates:
I can’t play beta worlds on my ipad. It just crashes. But I do like that at least you’re giving pvp’rs a chance to test out new game mechanics for them (even if you’ll be ignoring merchanters or general world trade with the economy update).

I also like that you have an android beta with cool features going on - but as I’ve hinted before I use iOS so I’ll be waiting for that beta. Hopefully it doesn’t crash on my ipad.

The rest are nice quality of life updates which I’m always happy to have, so thank you for that. I appreciate that small nuisances are taken care of, particularly like talking to ali morrisane just to try and buy stuff from him. I know he’s real talkative like a carsalesman but sometimes we just wanna buy already.

01-Dec-2021 15:37:07

alexxa
Sep Member 2023

alexxa

Posts: 216 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've argued elsewhere before that the PJ timer should instead be a
pickup
timer, since the most vulnerable moment for a player in the wild is when they've just secured a hard earned kill.

I OPPOSE a general PJ timer. I think most PKers who like the way things are can come to a compromise of a timer that's a few seconds shorter. But first consider the notable benefits of the way things currently are, because this conversation has historically been dominated by naïve or self-centered players who demand pj timers longer than ice barrage.

1. The current mechanics of single-way combat allow players flexibility offensively and defensively. I'm gonna grab this issue by the horns and say there should still be room for team pking in a singles area. It's incredibly stifling to secure or receive the first hit (often due to pid) and just be forced to stick to that one guy for the rest of the trip. On the defensive end, you can see how it's beneficial to have other PKers or NPCs hit an attacker off after some time, especially if the attacker is a ragger or someone too powerful for you to handle.

2. What 7 TH REIGN mentioned above is also a concern. This proposal seems to create more problems than it solves when you consider the range of situations in the wild, including urgent tasks like mining. It's even better to do nothing to the mechanics at all.

(cont)

03-Dec-2021 03:59:34

alexxa
Sep Member 2023

alexxa

Posts: 216 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After testing the timer in beta worlds repeatedly I can confidently say that it is too long. If the beta worlds saved progress, we could see players simply log out before another person can attack them. The dark bow on accurate setting takes 5.4 sec to fire. That's long enough to pj someone off of the user in the current system. I don't know how long the pj delay is now, but it’s clearly a bit shorter than the dark bow att cycle, perhaps around 8 ticks. If worst comes to worst, we could meet in the middle and do 12 tick (7.2 seconds) for the PJ timer. Again, I’d rather have a 16-tick pickup timer with everything else unchanged.

Regarding non-pker complaints about struggling with today's landscape, let me just put it this way: I didn't know how to "nh" (tribridding, use overheads) until 2017. And I forced myself to learn because I was getting harassed by skilled pkers. I get that certain parts of the playerbase are content with not putting any extra effort to adapt to the improved skillsets of another, but why the hell should pkers be handicapped to close the gap? Generally, with today's equipment and techniques, it's easier to tank an attack from a good pker than to do the attacking. The latter often takes several months of practice to develop consistent offense under pressure. A 16-tick PJ timer is ridiculously long from that perspective.

Takeaway:

1. I urge content developers to consider a PICKUP timer instead of a universal PJ timer; 16 ticks immunity for a player after achieving a kill in the Wild.

2. If you insist on the PJ timer as proposed, make it less restrictive by shortening it from 16 ticks.

03-Dec-2021 04:01:39 - Last edited on 03-Dec-2021 04:04:55 by alexxa

Nath4321

Nath4321

Posts: 192 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Say NO to GE taxes.

No taxation without representation.

We pay to play.

Do not tax us, or we will not pay.

NO!

Any money siphoned from a player shall go to a coffer for use by that player only. It shall benefit that player themselves, for use towards bonds and untradeable unlocks such as respawns and crystal crowns.

We do not need the rich getting richer, because you bought a tbow out of existence with all of our money. That doesn't solve any issues, nor does it help any players.

You want us to pay to use the GE, make it P2P only.

Say NO to GE taxes!

Fix the real issues! You don't care about the players or the economy! If you did, then you'd stop the bots from posting every world in the GE! You would stop the scammers from siphoning our gold into their bond funds! You would remove poison, poison+, and poison++ weapons from the GE!

You wanna buy gold from players and delete it? Sell RuneScape merch for ingame gold. Sell a Premier package for coins. You are selling 12 months for $70, yet in game it's $140 usd for premier club.
10 bonds costs $70, yet you ask for 20 bonds for premier club. 50m for 10 bonds is a deal, in-game. 100m for 20 bonds is a rip-off.

Why don't you you sell level 99 shirts with the skill on the back? Make it part of the premier club package.

Stop trying to ruin the game, and actually fix something. Like the non-existent veteran capes?

Say NEIGH to GE taxes!

04-Dec-2021 05:26:07

Quick find code: 380-381-772-66237673 Back to Top