Forums

Shattered Relics Rewards Blog

Quick find code: 380-381-754-66230036

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,996 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These items are really cool.

There's no reason for them to come from an alternative game mode. I do not understand why so much developer time is being spent on these alternative modes, and I understand even less why these alternative modes, which allegedly aren't meant to interact with the main game, are getting so much rewards in the main game.

We've seen bugs from League and deadman mode leak out into the main game. This needs to stop.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

23-Sep-2021 16:30:09

World 429
Nov Member 2023

World 429

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I tend to agree heavily with Miu. What's with the alternate gamemodes leaking into the main game, and why spend so many man-hours on a project just for it to come back and bite you in the long run?
As someone in the corporate world of tech start-ups, I've honestly never seen a company devote such time to a project or product that they KNOW will only hurt them and/or their users/community, and not really do anything for their main project or product.

Very odd management style, the likes which I've never seen!

Edit:

This comes from World 429:

For example : BH emblem bots making 7b in a single day and $40k USD a month (even after getting found out by large streamers who then flagged PMods), DMM items being traded for PayPal and OSRS gp, gambling bots, the bots beneath them, a broken Wilderness that just got even more broken (go look at the forum post about the Wildy update, crazy how knowledgeable PVPers are), The Carlyle Group, The Carlyle Group advertising B**la and A**us gold trading sites WITHIN THE OSRS FORUMS (how do you forget the 1st rule of business lawsuits?!?!?!?!), 200+ bot accounts at once at the Mage Arena, 7 day free membership trial period bug, Twitch Prime membership bot unban bug, the "Made-To-Sell" bot accounts, Leagues bugs and then leaks into maingame like DMM... we can go on.

The fact is, no one should be wasting time on making another version of their product or an offshoot of their product. You have to fix what is wrong, or address the consumer and deliver a new version of a better and improved product. Otherwise, you're going to lose consumers, strictly business practices speaking :) :) :)

23-Sep-2021 16:33:36 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2021 18:19:48 by World 429

Glitch Punk

Glitch Punk

Posts: 306 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I agree that I wish more cool looks and updates such as the ones showcased in the Shattered Relics post were related to content in the main game, I believe this is (potentially) a problem the community has created, not the devs. Almost a decade after the release of OSRS, there are still holdouts who oppose most changes being introduced into the main game, particularly involving anything significantly different than what already exists. I'm guessing that Jagex figured those holdouts are more likely to either not vote or vote in favor of additions involved with temporary game modes. I don't mean to completely blame the community as there have been missteps on all sides, but in the end we all want the game to continue to thrive, we just seem to disagree on how to get there. :)

Anyways, the Relic Hunter T1 and T3 looks are absolutely sick, the recall animation is rad as heck, and the cannon ornament kit absolutely blew me away like I was a Dagannoth under the Lighthouse. Fantastic job, really.

Tiny critiques time. The abyssal and tentacle look a little too similar imo, could use for a slight color tint change on one of them to further differentiate. The mystic robes are... fine, kind of like the trailblazer graceful look: a tad boring. And the void mage looks more goofy than cool. But again all very minor critiques, overall this stuff absolutely whips.

23-Sep-2021 17:52:05

World 429
Nov Member 2023

World 429

I think Miu and myself were talking about the fact that these updates come with little to no seeming knowledge of the repercussions of their actions on a whole, and with little technical savvy of their own product, not griping that we want more updates of similar content for the main OSRS game. :D

Fixing what's already broken before trying to do more sh*t that will cause issues for you or your consumers is typically a standard business practice for ANY business!

23-Sep-2021 18:31:53

Lord Bunyip
Oct Member 2017

Lord Bunyip

Posts: 47 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I tend to agree heavily with Miu. What's with the alternate gamemodes leaking into the main game, and why spend so many man-hours on a project just for it to come back and bite you in the long run? As someone in the corporate world of tech start-ups, I've honestly never seen a company devote time to a project or product that they KNOW will only hurt them and/or their users/community, and not really do anything for their main project or product.

The only additions to the main game are purely cosmetic items, why is this harmful?

23-Sep-2021 18:32:09

World 429
Nov Member 2023

World 429

I tend to agree heavily with Miu. What's with the alternate gamemodes leaking into the main game, and why spend so many man-hours on a project just for it to come back and bite you in the long run? As someone in the corporate world of tech start-ups, I've honestly never seen a company devote time to a project or product that they KNOW will only hurt them and/or their users/community, and not really do anything for their main project or product.

The only additions to the main game are purely cosmetic items, why is this harmful?

Just like the other purely cosmetics from Trailblazers, Leagues, and DMM, right? :-)
Our point wasn't griping about cosmetics, again, it was gripes about the current issues which are definitely much larger than cosmetics.
Cool cosmetics, and so what could that time have been spent doing, fixing a larger issue at hand?
Communicating further about issues currently going on within middle management?
Updating legacy systems being exploited by simple lines of code that anyone can write these days (Mage Arena script)?
The list could go on, and I don't even work within the Carlyle Group or Jagex. These are simply observations from a shareholder and someone in the business world. :)

23-Sep-2021 18:33:14 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2021 18:47:05 by World 429

Quick find code: 380-381-754-66230036 Back to Top