Forums

Shattered Relics Rewards Blog

Quick find code: 380-381-754-66230036

Former lron
Feb Member 2024

Former lron

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think all of the rewards are pretty cool. I like that they're giving cosmetic overrides for common equipment that lots of players use often, too. the only thing that looks weird to me is the void mage helm. I think the spike thing should be removed and maybe the fringes of the hood should be given that glow, but thats just one player's opinion.
Looking forward to leagues!

23-Sep-2021 19:33:30

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In my opinion you're going for way too many rewards from each league (that includes trailblazers).

I'm happy with a standard set of rewards like the outfit, trophies, banner.
Some things such as home teleport and graceful almost seem traditional at this point but I wonder how many versions of these we can have. To your credit you've not proposed graceful this year.
However all these weapon and armour recolours don't settle right with me. One big thing about OSRS is being able to recognise a weapon or armour easily at a distance, which some of these recolours would change. In particular the rune crossbow and whip look completely different.
As for the cannon I love the idea of the old 8 barrel cannon but hate the idea of it coming from leagues. The colour scheme is wildly different from the classic colours and I think it would fit better coming from a dwarven quest.

I doubt any of this will stop these items from passing but I think you should start thinking about fitting rewards to content better than this. This just feels like you're shoehorning the league style into random items randomly because 'WE NEED REWARDS', when really we don't need that many.
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

25-Sep-2021 12:28:39

Mini Element
Jan Member 2024

Mini Element

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The rewards are very appealing and refined. The relic hunter outfit in particular is looking quite classy! For anyone who is confused about the rewards all of them will likely be tradeable with the exception of the Trailblazer Ranking Cups (Dragon, Rune, etc). This is how it was done with the previous league.

25-Sep-2021 20:43:14 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2021 20:49:20 by Mini Element

Crazy M-Fr
Feb Member 2012

Crazy M-Fr

Posts: 2,734 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That whip and cannon look AMAZING! I love Leagues and these rewards look awesome! I usually don't care much for the League rewards but this year I'm definitely gonna be grinding like hell for that whip and cannon override.

26-Sep-2021 23:26:16 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2021 23:29:12 by Crazy M-Fr

Archmageous
Aug Member 2020

Archmageous

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps this is a greedy suggestion, but I think the God Books recolor would make more sense if you only needed one recolor kit for all the God Books. They don't seem like significant enough of items to spend recolor kits on individually, and they are all basically the same item with different stats. That's the only way I can imagine the average player wanting to spend their hard earned leagues points on God Book recolors, to be honest.

Also gonna throw it out there that I agree with World 429. Less effort should be put into new content when there are rampant bugs and community issues that need attention. I love this game, and I never intend to quit, but sometimes I worry whether the game will survive in the long term.

07-Oct-2021 17:03:33 - Last edited on 07-Oct-2021 17:10:13 by Archmageous

Skilexa
Mar Member 2004

Skilexa

Posts: 203 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was wondering when the game mode will start theres already been delays and I want to make sure I don't have to babysit during the event. Highly skilled player can handle some pvm but tends to avoid PVP will only do friendly duels for no stakes.

10-Nov-2021 02:22:54

Quick find code: 380-381-754-66230036 Back to Top