Forums

New Client Features: Drop 2

Quick find code: 380-381-745-66224160

Zimbisk
Jul Member 2023

Zimbisk

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are all of the wilderness changes to revs/wildy slayer that were due to start at the end of July just being pushed aside without any other mention? I mean it wouldn't be a shock if another PvP update that was planned ended up being pushed back indefinitely, but would be nice to at least see some feedback/blogs regarding it.

It feels a lot like the release of DMM is now an excuse for "We've released news about a temporary PvP game mode now, so we can continue to push back actual main game PvP updates until we get to wildy boss changes".

Would just be nice for the PvP community to actually see some news about the changes you were planning and when they can actually expect them (as it's obviously no longer the end of July). Also, this is coming from a non PvP based ironman, that would have actually enjoyed going into the wilderness for some of the new content and updates.

04-Aug-2021 11:14:46 - Last edited on 04-Aug-2021 11:16:21 by Zimbisk

Ippe
May Member 2020

Ippe

Posts: 381 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a fantastic update. I personally love the fact that these client features will be implemented on mobile one day as well.

On top of that - the little tweaks on Combat Achievements looks great too!

Bravo guys! :)
Twitter @ippe_rs

Staff Member of Community Clan

04-Aug-2021 14:06:40

daedlus58

daedlus58

Posts: 1,530 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why is the new features only available if use a third party program? You cant get these on the normal client and they are not even discussing the possibility of doing so, only talking about attempts to put it on mobile.

These features would be a major advantage over those using jagex own client, yet jagex is giving them to other clients.

04-Aug-2021 18:54:52 - Last edited on 04-Aug-2021 18:55:53 by daedlus58

Virta

Virta

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear Jagex,

There has been already made some changes to kill counts on bosses which are pretty easy to grind on even for player who isnt in the so called "end game". I have been playing on my 60 atttack 70 defence build for a long time and have done much end game content. For instance completing challenge mode chambers, tob and so on... And i was realy looking forward to grind for master tasks on the new combat achivment diarys.

But...

Since my account is 60 attack and there are few tasks for instance to do last hit to corporeal beast or bloat with Crystall Halberd or to kill Kalphite Queen with Verac's Flail which means I'm not even able to do Elite Diarys on my end game med level 60 attack account and that makes me feel bad. It's already hard to get done most of the master tasks on 60 attack account build but i would love our 60 attack community at least to have a change to go for them...

First time posting or writing anything to forums during my 18 years of active game play of Runescape / Oldschool version of it. Hopefully someone working for Jagex sees this and will answer to my worries :( .

Yours faithfully

Virta

04-Aug-2021 21:38:18

Turtlemuffin
Dec Member 2017

Turtlemuffin

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Minor point that has no bearing on my enjoyment of the game, but I noticed one of the updates was "A grammatical error in the description for the Combat Achievement ‘Shayzien Protector’ has been fixed."

I'm looking at that achievement now and it says "Kill a Lizardman Shaman in Molch which has not dealt damage to anyone (excluding it's Spawns)."

Shouldn't that say "its"? Not sure if that's the grammatical error that was noted as being fixed and I'm for some reason not seeing it yet, but figured I'd point it out.

Thanks for another great update!

05-Aug-2021 01:19:16 - Last edited on 05-Aug-2021 01:19:52 by Turtlemuffin

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,996 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Why is the new features only available if use a third party program? You cant get these on the normal client and they are not even discussing the possibility of doing so, only talking about attempts to put it on mobile.

These features would be a major advantage over those using jagex own client, yet jagex is giving them to other clients.

By allowing third party clients, they've already allowed these unfair advantages.

However, the steam client IS a first party client, simply hosted on a third party platform. Its safety is much more established, and it lessens the need for these other third party clients. Sucks Jagex is catering to the people that need training wheels to play the game, but it is what it is, and it's better than runelite or osbotty.

As for why it isn't on Jagex's standalone client? Maybe having a steam playerbase increases exposure for the game.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

06-Aug-2021 22:06:06

Quick find code: 380-381-745-66224160 Back to Top