Forums

Equipment Rebalance: Ranged

Quick find code: 380-381-711-66211991

T1m3 2 Die
Jun Member 2019

T1m3 2 Die

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why should the prayer bonus be removed from the twisted bow and cause a drop in market value. The twisted bow is an end game bow and should remain the strongest bow for its purpose against magical creatures.

A dragon mace has 5 prayer bonus and it doesn’t seem any more godly than a twisted bow . Fire capes have prayer bonus and are not godly. Removing the prayer bonus just because it doesn’t fit a godly category is dumb. I think the twisted bow should be left as it is. It has been in the game for years, with thousands of accounts getting to use the full power of this incredible item. New accounts spend many hours trying to achieve this item as an endgame goal only to find out that it has an unnecessary nerf.

20-Apr-2021 16:08:30

Couldbewrong
Sep Member 2012

Couldbewrong

Posts: 20,487 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
imho, Melee is the superior class in OSRS at this time. There's no financial upkeep, the BIS items are relatively affordable and the weapons and armor are simpler to understand in comparison to not only the Range but the Magic class, as well. Alongside this, the melee stats are overall easier to train as most areas in-game are aimed for it and in correlation that most monsters, with high enough stats and set-up, can be just as easily slain with solely melee.

To counteract this, on the topic of ranged, there certainly needs to be a a wider focus on the seperation of accuracy and strength within the class itself. For example, when I simply equip a MSB with full blessed d'hide at an activity like barrows to take down Ahrim, I shouldn't hope that at 95 range I'm gunna' hit anything above a 0 on each hit and feel lucky hitting a 20 , or close to it. The style just feels under-powered and outdated and for a casual player such as myself, it's just not appealing at all, tragically. To rectify this, if I looked in my equipment bonuses for what I'm wearing and saw that I have a x % chance to hit y with z as my max hit, similar to how melee DPS is calculated, I'd be more incentivized to go grab a crystal bow. But again, this raises my next question.. how exactly is a monster's defence stats calaculated against what I do possess?

For weapon tiers, the BP is certainly quite strong in all fields. Rather than nerf it altogether, I believe that the other weapons close to the tier itself are lackluster and should come up to par. I understand that for the longevity of the game that higher tiers will need to surpass the current tiers, but nerfing the current may not be the favorable outcome. If anything, as-should-be, introduce new bosses that require higher tiers to overcome.

Overall, there's certainly some work that needs to be done and I commend you guys for tackling it properly, with the community's input, and hope it turns out OK :P .
- (Admin) Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

20-Apr-2021 17:20:19

Coronagains
Mar Member 2023

Coronagains

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The blowpipe is difficult to balance long term as its fast attack speed makes any future releases of equipment with ranged strength bonus particularly effective compared to slower ranged weapons. Could Jagex consider a softer nerf but halve range strength bonus from equipment when the blowpipe is equipped?

Adding range strength bonus to the twisted buckler (+10?) would also give a buff to crossbows whilst also improving the viability of a very niche end game raids gear.

20-Apr-2021 19:05:50

Sunda0wner1
Aug Member 2011

Sunda0wner1

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The blowpipe is extremely powerful, but that normal for the highest ranged requirement in the game. It's t75, so it's not magic that it's better than t70 ranged weps.

buff t70 ranged weps to fill the gap. Enhanced crystal bow is a good idea. I prefer a separate drop over combined with the blade of saeldor.

Don't forget to make blessed hide chaps 1defence!

20-Apr-2021 21:19:32

Dnald Trump

Dnald Trump

Posts: 1,574 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
maybe a new stat called "stagger" the higher a weapon's stagger bonus the lower you need to hit to make the enemy miss their next attack tic with a pain animation.

slow weapons would inherently have higher stagger making an inherent downside to faster weapons. Its also easier to add this one stat rather than the 3 stats you suggested in your blog
plz add a new skill

21-Apr-2021 12:13:10

Woodfire45

Woodfire45

Posts: 176 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I got some ideas: While I agree with accuracy nerf, I think ranged strength should go to 20, maybe even lower. I think it's rediciolous that something as fast as blowpipe can hit 30+.

In order to introduce higher level prayers, I think piety, rigour and augury need a nerf by 2% perhaps. I never understood why osrs needed rigour to have +23% ranged strength while pre-eoc rigour only had +20%.

I don't like the darts nerf, because if you are able to get blowpipe you would usually use mithril darts or better anyway.

Dragonhide doesn't need that severe of a nerf. I think by nerfing around 15% rather than suggested 25% (doesn't need to be precise) would be fine. Armadyl armor might be underpowered defence-wise.

Ranged is so powerful because of Rapid mode. Other modes are rarely useful.

21-Apr-2021 16:34:14

Quick find code: 380-381-711-66211991 Back to Top