Forums

Poll 74 Game Improvements Blog

Quick find code: 380-381-685-66198386

jokr
May Member 2013

jokr

Posts: 809 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Viyeldi shortcut should be for the 1st floor in my opinion, a tunnel connecting the cave entrance to the winch area. Bypassing the need for lockpick, pickaxe, and orb would be great. The cliff portion is much less annoying. I'm glad there's a high agility requirement, but I think the shortcut proposed focuses on the wrong part. I'm sure you can add a restriction to only be able to use the tunnel after Legends quest is completed.

15-Jan-2021 19:34:07 - Last edited on 15-Jan-2021 19:36:19 by jokr

a cute snek
Jan Member 2019

a cute snek

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
im pleased to see gnome restaurant completions will be tracked, theres no mention of whether easy and hard delivieries will be tracked seperately? they're two very different activities with very different rewards (just coins vs unique tips), and with challenge mode activities and DKs getting seperate trackers i think it'd make sense to keep a separate number for each mode here

15-Jan-2021 20:26:47 - Last edited on 15-Jan-2021 20:34:34 by a cute snek

YY Tank YY
Feb Member 2024

YY Tank YY

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Huge support for the vesta longsword.... BUT. I would hope that the devs have at least the basic knowledge to know that for the last couple of years since the void and heavy balista nerf, we have been living in meleescape 2.0
We need at least to discuss bringing about the other tier melee and range weapons.rather than further plunging us down a broken system.. melee as an element of the combat triangle has at least 5x better KO combos and potentials than rangers and far far more than melee..
Please developers!!! All it takes is one look at PVP and this could be helped in a heartbeat.
"you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

15-Jan-2021 23:28:45

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,053 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting dev diary, thanks very much!

All the ideas seem quite nice additions to the game. As far as Soul Wars is concerned, will suggestions from last week's forum thread (and reddit and whatnot I guess) still be considered? I've seen some cool stuff being posted. (and not just from me :P )

My only concern with the Isle of Souls is that, whilst it would certainly be attractive and very cool to explore the island, putting too much development into it is not going to be very useful. Nobody is going to chop their yew trees here, since there are better places. By all means, make the island explorable, but please don't focus too much on the resources etc. if nobody's going to use them anyway. Grey chinchompas could be useful, but I suppose you would need more spawns than just five, perhaps seven?

Buildable pottery wheel: not sure what the point is.

As for the dungeon, I suggest adding a few pyrefiends and jellies as a nod to the original minigame. The chest sounds interesting.

One idea, to make the dungeon unique, is to add corruption beasts as seen during Nomad's Requiem. You would only be able to damage them whilst praying Piety, but each kill would restore your prayer. Should probably allow them to hit through protection prayers, then.
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

16-Jan-2021 08:43:41

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There quite a lot here. I'd say mostly good stuff although much of it feels very unnecessary but probably won't do any harm. In the end I have 2 main comments.

1. Collection Log Suggestion
It would be cool if we could show off our collection log. For example a spot in a POH such as a bookcase and other players can view the list.

2. VLS
Once again this is another step in the wrong direction. You've waited for the comments to settle down after the last disaster with this item and continued you push your own agenda with this unwanted item. Only this time you're limiting the voters to the people that will probably vote Yes.

Everything you've done with the VLS shows fragrant disregard of the polling system and the games integrity.
- This item failed multiple polls but you add it to deadman mode and last man standing.
- This item failed even more polls but you add it to bounty hunter.
- This item should be taken out the game but you insist in polling it to only the people that will vote yes.

I understand that much of the PvP community like this item and when it's in an environment only they interact with it could make sense to limit a vote to just them. However this item has been so strongly rejected by the community on multiple occasions that I am genuinely baffled that you're continuing this crusade.

You should know this is the completely wrong approach.
You should refund players with the item
You should remove this item
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

16-Jan-2021 10:49:58

Eb Marah
Jun Member 2016

Eb Marah

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Collection log changes to make

-Remove raids tab and add logs for CoX and ToB to the Bosses tab. Maybe rename Bosses to PvM.

-Create Skilling tab.

-Move logs for Aeriel Fishing, Monkey Backpacks, Motherload Mine, Rooftop Agility, Skilling Pets, and Slayer to the Skilling tab.

-From Misc log move Herbi, fishing trophies, Pharaoh's sceptre, Pirate's hook, mining gloves, Hespori seed, and Elven signet to a new Misc log in the Skilling tab.

Collection log items to add

-All graceful recolors (except Trailblazer) to the Rooftop Agility log

-LMS rewards that can't be cheesed to a new log in the Minigames tab

-Capes of accomplishment (incl. QPC, music, and diary) in a new log in the Skilling tab

Collection items to remove

-Redundant items: Unsired

-Guaranteed items: Mole Skin, Mole Claw, Granite Dust, Zulrah's Scales, Hallowed Marks, Revenant Ether

-Unnoteworthy items: Key Master Teleports, Zul-andra Teleports, Dark Relic, Vials of Blood, Revenant Cave Teleports

And as a non-iron, we should have backwards compatibility for irons. Any unique they obtained prior to the log and still have on their account should be filled onto their log. It'll never be perfect, but if they've collected the items then they should get credit for it if possible.

For the poll question, the hard, elite, and master clues megarares should all be in a single log. They should not be separated. The items in that tab should only be 3a and gilded, not any of the other megarares. I know they're the same roll, but the tab should only be for 3a and gilded imo.

16-Jan-2021 13:13:41

Quick find code: 380-381-685-66198386 Back to Top