Forums

Fishing Skill Boss: Tempoross

Quick find code: 380-381-680-66191952

I Only Bail
Nov Member 2023

I Only Bail

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My biggest concern with all the updates to the fishing trawler is that I still do not see a KC on it or even a trip counter similar to the agility lap courses. I asked for this on stream a while back ago and was told it was doable. Does fishing trawler have a trip counter yet?

03-Dec-2020 16:53:12

DMCA Streams

DMCA Streams

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just sitting here wondering after hearing "There's only so much room for small/medium/big updates and we have so many ideas for each that we have to prioritize what gets dev time in each" why we've been kicking and screaming about the clan rework and group ironman for two years now and every time it gets brought up we get a generic "We're working on it" but we keep getting useless updates. I'm voting no straight across the board on every upcoming poll until we get a finite date on those critical updates your entire playerbase has been begging for.

03-Dec-2020 17:35:23

Ivory Blade
Mar Member 2024

Ivory Blade

Posts: 103 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am quite upset about this update. They seem to want to turn every skill into pvm. If I wanted to do pvm, I would just do pvm, not fishing.

Furthermore, they want to reward players who prefer the pvm play-style when those same players decide to skill. This means that the people who prefer the skilling play style are at an inherent disadvantage as they obtain less fish than their counterparts, doing the same activity.

Why should people who prefer the PVM play-style not only get more fish (spirit flakes) than people who prefer the skilling play-style, but can also be more afk (fishing barrel)?

03-Dec-2020 22:17:23

ZedbeFly

ZedbeFly

Posts: 323 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's really odd that for an activity that's getting revamped quite a bit to not get a KC counter is really disappointing I'd love to have the option to know the number of lifetime completions I have so I can flex on my friends how long it took for me to get my angler outfit :)

04-Dec-2020 01:19:37

Endlingg
May Member 2020

Endlingg

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Larocque 819 said :
The tome of water seems absolutely worthless.. Nobody ever uses those spells and I feel like saving some water runes and even making the spells stronger won't make a difference either.

I'd agree no one cares about binds and curses, but I HIGHLY disagree that it is useless. I've been looking forward to the tome of water forever.

No more water runes for ice spells. No more water runes for teles etc... this is a offhand kodai wand without the spell % dmg and accuracy which I am okay with. Out of all the drops this is the most useful.

@Jagex

The issue I have is this boss SHOULD be the BEST fishing xp in the game. There is NO reason I should have to afk at barb fishing for 99% of my journey to 99 fishing.

Barb fishing is not only super afk and gives the best fishing xp in the game it ALSO gives strength and agility xp at a very generous rate.... There is no reason WHATSOEVER that a high intensity skilling boss should give less xp/hr than afking at the same spot for 200 hours while getting a decent amount of xp in agility and str...

Sadly I'm an ironman so i'll have no choice but to play this boss for the tome and barrel, but after I get those items due to the lack of xp/hr I won't be coming back not even for the spirit bait. So IMO this is dead on arrival content for me.

05-Dec-2020 04:55:26

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After the last tempoross devlog I was ready to dislike this new devlog but I can honestly say I am pleasantly surprised with it. I do think the rewards are too powerful but the gameplay itself sounds fun.

XP
Looking at XP rates across the game, it seems like this is leagues ahead of most fishing, only really out classed by tick manipulation. I'm not keen on this because the rewards are a huge boost to regular fishing and I feel it would become another wintertodt situation in where you only really train here unless you really want to be afk.

Introducing the ruins of Unkah seems pretty cool however I dislike you can just hop on a boat from Al Kharid. This is a moment to add something cool to the desert and we should have to walk through the desert (or perhaps carpet ride?) to get there.
Additionally the pier looks huge on the map. At least 3 squares wide. Can this be reduced to 2 like most ports in game.

Encounter
Like I've already touched on this sounds like it could be quite fun although it might be a fine line to walk. Hopefully you find the right balance here.

Rewards
Like most devlogs these days it feels like the main focus. Of course rewards should be there but there are always so many rewards offered in fear that new content will be dead.

Spirit Flakes
Awesome idea for a utility reward however this is super powerful. 50% on it's own is crazy and when stacking with the 8% from radas blessing it is unreal! I honestly don't think it should be more then 10% and 20% with the blessing.
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

05-Dec-2020 12:15:37

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fish barrel
Another very helpful utility item. In my opinion it should come with a small cost, for example it breaks over time and needs to be repaired with spirit flakes.

Tackle Box
I really like this idea. Can this item also be placed somewhere in PoH?

Spirit Angler Outfit
This outfit looks great. I can imagine anyone wanting to look like a pirate using this. That being said I'm not too keen on it acting like the anglers outfit. I think because it looks so different.

Harpoonfish Trophy
Really awesome idea. Rare drops to display in PoH are fantastic!

Tome of Water
I think I was originally against this. However now I'm okay with it. That being said stacking with swampbark (when is swampbark being added) doesn't sit well with me. At least have both items ingame before buffing them to work together.

Heron Pet Recolour
This could be cool.

Fishing Trawler
I am in favour of most of these changes however I have some concerns about the shorter game time. For example you mentioned the angler outfit drop rate would be adjusted to fit but if the heron rate is dropped and you can play twice as much then the heron is essentially 4 times faster to get from fishing trawler.

Fishing Trawler Tentacles
I absolutely love this idea. When Tempoross was first talked about I was playing a lot of sea of theives and really thought krakens and megalodons would fit a fishing trawler expansion. Perhaps this can be done on a higher level boat, like in pest control.
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

05-Dec-2020 12:16:09

Quick find code: 380-381-680-66191952 Back to Top