Forums

BH Beta Feedback Changes

Quick find code: 380-381-605-66126368

TheStorm
Mar Member 2023

TheStorm

Posts: 365 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why is it that you guys are not focusing on the wilderness as a whole, and just treating bounty hunter as level 1-5 wilderness?

You're still leaving out multi-pking, and deep single pking from the bounty hunter blogs/updates. the hotspots are fine because that showcases the brilliance of old PvP worlds - which were definitely fun. Due to this as well, there were no actual safe spots, no one wanted to PK in zones that were not declared 'hotspots' - it's true, because EP was faster and drops were better if we killed someone in a hotspot.

Originally, All of Multi / Deep wilderness were hotspot oriented making it a reason to venture deep with a small group of friends, a team, a clan - or even solo! Solo pkers use to love hunting at agility arena and mage bank, because we could pick up kills and find other targets there that were doing the same thing as us since it was a hotspot! Though we had our yaks, or other familiars (woopers, titans) we still found it fun to hang around waiting for a fight all while gaining EP.

The other thing is, the rewards themselves are weak. How is it after ever failed polled and with the data collected upon why people vote negatively towards PvP polls nothing has been done for the sake of PvP/Wilderness community (health). Generally speaking the old rewards from BH worlds were way more fun.

1. Emblems
(Statutes that had a GP value of 2k-5m)

2. PvP weapons
(Variety of new damage, setups, and a new spell - misamic barrage)

3. Brawler gloves
(made the wilderness active and allowed for other gameplay to be accessible due to PvP)

I understand a lot of this stuff may be controversial, but so are skill and pvm updates that do end up effecting pking to some degree. The game can't be so biased and politically driven - there's literallly almost no fun for any veteran, let alone any interest for clans to retake the wilderness and actually say "screw the rev caves"

1/2
Quality > Quantity
Est. 7/23/10

Lead by
@
Beast Boy831

23-Oct-2019 20:24:16

TheStorm
Mar Member 2023

TheStorm

Posts: 365 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Speaking of Rev Caves, how long does jagex plan on allowing revs to be practically farmed and rwt'd by protection worlds discord groups?

A person pays 20-50m PER week skulled to farm revs, while paying to be protected for that period of time in order for them to make gold MAINLY FOR RWT. I am so sure this is not something that is healthy for the game, let alone legal by jagex.

As of right now, Rev caves themselves are the ONLY active hotspot both for single and multi alike. It's completely unfair to have the rest of the wilderness die out because of the amount of traction rev caves can pull.

When His Lordship purposed the idea of an ecosystem that benefits all - he didn't mean it on a small scale, he meant it for the wilderness and its entirety. There needs to be a change. The game cannot be so divided for the wilderness when we have: PvP Worlds, Bounty Hunter, LMS, and the wilderness itself. Seriously, it's too much of a divide - clans themselves are pretty much gone aside from the groups i mentioned that farm revs for rwt purposes.

If the aim to fix bounty hunter is important, the rest of the wilderness should be the top prioriy because bounty hunter takes place in the wildy.

2/2
Quality > Quantity
Est. 7/23/10

Lead by
@
Beast Boy831

23-Oct-2019 20:30:13 - Last edited on 23-Oct-2019 20:30:36 by TheStorm

Gf tankss

Gf tankss

Posts: 3,030 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bring back pre eoc ep system, I remember edge being so packed, ppl fought to the west of monastery. Only way bh to be profitable. Too many unskillin or little risk, ep system made bh very profitable vs anyone even a 1 itemer. This bh beta def potential, if it’s dead then it will be a rip. ¸,•°'´`'°•¸ . ¸•°•¸ .:;:. ,·¹¹, Maxed 109 Range Tank pvp/pvm
.:. . ,·¹¹. ,' . ',¸¸,.',.,¸¸,' .:.. ‘·,¸¸,·'ˆ'·,¸¸,· Jagex where my pvp updates??
. ',¸¸,’ ‘, .::.. ¸’ .:. ,' . 99 slayer/ +45k bosses slain/ 14 pets/pvp

]click here to Apply![/qfc] ‘·,¸¸,·'ˆ'·,¸¸ 109 Maxed Range Tank

26-Oct-2019 01:46:22

Mobile Claps
Jan Member 2024

Mobile Claps

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the old emblems (now archaic) should be sellable for GP, at least for a few months. I had collected those over the course of several months of wilderness slayer training, and this update renders them essentially valueless. Trading them for points at the old BH store transforms what had been a ~$70k item on the GE into one-sixth of a dragon scimitar. I'm obviously biased, but collecting those emblems during wilderness slayer was fun and profitable and I feel like players in my position got a bit of a short stick. We should have at least one opportunity to sell them for a fair rate of GP.

06-Nov-2019 14:20:50

Quick find code: 380-381-605-66126368 Back to Top