Forums

Crystal Armour Balancing

Quick find code: 380-381-553-66087652

xLil devil x

xLil devil x

Posts: 509 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sei Asagiri said :
I definitely want to see this armor stay relevant. I like the previous poster's idea about morphing, but I don't think it should morph the entire armor set. For example I'd like to be able to consider using it someplace like the God Wars Dungeon, and if I was ranging with the crystal bow against the Saradomin boss I'd like to have my helmet and possibly even leg armor remain melee mode. If this is too hard to do without keeping the whole set on the lower end of stats though, I'd much rather it be stronger with more limitations. Again--I want this set to feel like something I'd actually want to use, not a novelty. It doesn't have to be overpowered, but it should be competitive with barrows gear at least.

I would think that it would need to have better stats that Barrows if is is degradable and very expensive like the Crystal Bow to repair to make it worth the expense. Other than that it will not be used if it isn't both great armor and worth the expense to use.

14-Mar-2019 15:37:50

xLil devil x

xLil devil x

Posts: 509 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
blackbelt said :
Could the crystal armour look like the crystal shield in terms of graphics? Back in 2007, I always imagined crystal armour to be see through like the shield, kind of like ghostly robes but they cant see your face.I am also liking the idea of having it as the BIS range tank armour, maybe give it an absorption set affect instead of an offensive effect.

I agree the armor should match the Crystal shield, and remove the brown all together. They need to really rework the entire design as it looks awkward and tied on and not elvish at all. If this is magical crystal armor that has to be sung to be repaired like the Bow, it should look more streamlined, aerodynamic, winglike and refined, not clunky. The helmet is the opposite of elvish. I should be light, not covering the face and look more like the lightweight NPC designs around Tirannwn, but with Crystal shield color and design. The brown on it just looks really bad. I really hope they are going to redo this.

14-Mar-2019 16:09:07

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
blackbelt said :
Could the crystal armour look like the crystal shield in terms of graphics? Back in 2007, I always imagined crystal armour to be see through like the shield, kind of like ghostly robes but they cant see your face.

xLil devil x said :
I think the Crystal Armor design I have seen thus far looks ugly. I agree with the above poster that it should more resemble the Crystal shield and not have poo brown on it at all. I don't think any of the Crystal armor, tools or weapons should have any brown on them. TBH even the images of the city walls with the brown on them mixed with Crystal if the brown was changed to another color. The brown just does not look good with it at all.

The style design should look more " Elvish" , the armor design I saw looked awkward, and not really like the other elves you see throughout Tirannwn. I haven't seen a female armor design at all yet, but I am hoping it will be a two piece skirt set with maybe an asymmetrical short skirt and top designed more like Eluned's but with a Crystal Shield design color and texture. That would actually look nice.

I hope you guys are still willing to work on the designs to come up with something that will actually look nice when finished rather than rush through what has already been made.

This. The Crystal Armor design as proposed looks more like Ice Armor from the far north (like in Skyrim the Stalhrim armor). This is Crystal--not Stalhrim.

16-Mar-2019 05:27:31

JoaoNoFind

JoaoNoFind

Posts: 2,636 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sei Asagiri said :
blackbelt said :
Could the crystal armour look like the crystal shield in terms of graphics? Back in 2007, I always imagined crystal armour to be see through like the shield, kind of like ghostly robes but they cant see your face.

xLil devil x said :
I think the Crystal Armor design I have seen thus far looks ugly. I agree with the above poster that it should more resemble the Crystal shield and not have poo brown on it at all. I don't think any of the Crystal armor, tools or weapons should have any brown on them. TBH even the images of the city walls with the brown on them mixed with Crystal if the brown was changed to another color. The brown just does not look good with it at all.

The style design should look more " Elvish" , the armor design I saw looked awkward, and not really like the other elves you see throughout Tirannwn. I haven't seen a female armor design at all yet, but I am hoping it will be a two piece skirt set with maybe an asymmetrical short skirt and top designed more like Eluned's but with a Crystal Shield design color and texture. That would actually look nice.

I hope you guys are still willing to work on the designs to come up with something that will actually look nice when finished rather than rush through what has already been made.

This. The Crystal Armor design as proposed looks more like Ice Armor from the far north (like in Skyrim the Stalhrim armor). This is Crystal--not Stalhrim.

Yeah.

29-Apr-2019 15:26:45

Quick find code: 380-381-553-66087652 Back to Top