Forums

Sand and Auto Processes

Quick find code: 380-381-541-66081734

CloudStriffe

CloudStriffe

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please making sand easier to get other than collecting it, it's like making the only way to get herbs is by farming,but you can do slayer and use misc

Everyone saying no clearly arnt ironman collecting sand is horrendous.
Please bring sand to misc and I'll carry on my crafting grind, until then my crafting stays at 87

07-Feb-2019 12:17:11

Ravenblade

Ravenblade

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One thing i'd definitely like automated is the process of sanctifying Olive Oil into Sacred Oil in the Shades of Mort'ton minigame.

For those that don't know what i'm talking about
, Shades of Mort'ton is the (rather impopular) activity that you unlock and briefly play during the quest with the same name, where you have to turn Serum 207 into Serum 208 by building up and defending the temple north-east of Mort'ton.
However, after the quest, you can still play it to obtain Sacred oil, which is used to turn Logs into Pyre logs, with which you burn Shade Remains for various rewards..

Currently
, you have to use each individual vial of Olive Oil on the flame in the middle of the temple to turn it into Sacred Oil (which can be a hassle, especially if there's players standing on the tiles surrounding it),
but it's also a rather unnecessary portion of the minigame, as it's a very lengthy process to get any actual rewards out of it from start to finish anyway (unless you just sell the Sacred Oil on G.E, but even then, it's not much for the time invested getting it).

Automating making Serum 207, aswell as making 207 into 208 on the flame would also be appreciated, if only for consistency.

07-Feb-2019 12:26:34

DeLouuu
Mar Member 2017

DeLouuu

Is sandstorm spell going to similar to humidify? If so, that idea is awful. Playing pretty efficiently, one can cast humidify around 800 times an hour equaling almost 22k soft clay/jugs/etc an hour. Basically 11x faster than Yanille POH method. Why does that need to be a thing? Giant seaweed already made crafting A LOT easier and I think sandstorm like humidify would just be way too game changing. Maybe a higher rune cost + slower cast time + only x buckets fill per cast rather than full inventory could work but I don't know. Even then, if it's like spin flax or string jewelry or what have you, the increase per hour is still like 2-3x which is a bit much imo. I think collecting is fine just the way it is.

Sandstone genuinely makes sense and would actually give it a use.

The kingdom idea is meh. It could be okay since it's quite passive and you're spending money but it shouldn't be too much sand a day.

What about increasing the amount from Bert in some way? Maybe after another quest/diary bump it to like 125? I know people hate quests/diaries with a burning passion but they can honestly get over it.

I think slight increases in passive gain would be better than increasing amount collected per hour by 2-11x

To the guy saying people against this aren't iron: I am an iron. I'm 93 crafting all from charters/Bert/collecting myself and I'm 11k/54k for 99 at the moment. I'll gladly finish the last 43k at Yanille. Saying that collecting sand is horrendous is a huge overstatement because it's so incredibly easy. Yeah it's pretty boring and yeah the only xp you might get is some mage xp from teleporting. Runescape is about the grind. People complain about every inconvenient or boring thing in this game and want it changed. The cape has a great perk and should be a grind to get. We already have giant seaweed; how we collect sand doesn't need to be skill changing either.

07-Feb-2019 14:36:34

Xariarzo
Feb Member 2024

Xariarzo

i would like to get the sand from motherlode mine. You wash the pay-dirt, but where does the dirt go? could this be filtered to just sand and end up in another sack/barrel where we would have to bring buckets to collect it?

07-Feb-2019 16:55:37

Boyeminem
Aug Member 2022

Boyeminem

Posts: 266 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really would like superheating to be automated since it feels silly to click on each ore you want to transform and it feels even more click intensive than agillity..

I like the idea of collecting sand in the motherlode mine. Seconded!

07-Feb-2019 18:31:24

Nic
Sep Member 2007

Nic

Posts: 13,165 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am in full support of making the sand gathering process easier.

I would support having a sandstorm spell, noted buckets of sand added to drop tables, increasing daily limit from bert. Not too fond on increasing shop limits, or sandstone mining.

As for herb cleaning, the automation process doesn't bother me as long as it is slower, than what a human can achieve. Afterall, if someone wants them cleaned fast, they will just go to Nardah, and have it done in exchange for coins.

~ Nic
.•*´¨)
`¸.•*¸.•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•* (¸.•
Nic

07-Feb-2019 19:34:27

iron itg
Oct Member 2014

iron itg

Posts: 94 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I saw someone post an idea earlier in this thread regarding sand barrels... I like that concept.

Sand pits should be a fundamental part of gathering sand.
Sand barrels make this a viable option.

Sand should not come from standing in a bank.
Lunar spells are very convenient, but should not be used to bring resources into the game. I'm OK with using lunar spells to make parts of the game more convenient in the future (like a "clean all herbs" spell) that gives a clear choice between convenience and cost, but not for getting resources.

Important resources should not come from shops.
Bots buy them all and resell on the GE. It's frustrating to have to compete with them - time spent online, not actually playing.

Important resources should not be on drop tables.
That short-circuits the actual game. We don't need a repeat of "Zulrahscape".

Sand from sandstone mines is a good concept, but should have additional requirements because it's adding capability to an existing method
How about this: In order to get sand from the sandstone mine, there's a construction hotspot for a grinding machine. The machine is constructed from boards and metal parts made using the construction, smithing, and crafting skills. The grinding machine will require fuel (an inventory of logs or coal every now and then) and will degrade over time, requiring occasional replacement of parts. Higher levels may build better versions, requiring higher level materials but needing less maintenance and fuel. The highest leveled version (built from rune bars/magic logs) would be good for a few hours off an inventory of coal, and would need maybe 1 part replaced per 15 hours of use.

This way, there's an enhancement to the existing skill that meets a gap in resource availability, it's available to most players but its capabilities scale with other skills so it's not a "free lunch".

I'm leaning towards a no on the miscellania sand gathering.

11-Feb-2019 16:05:29 - Last edited on 11-Feb-2019 16:09:14 by iron itg

Quick find code: 380-381-541-66081734 Back to Top