Forums

Bird Nest Balancing and PvP

Quick find code: 380-381-528-66062398

Gotmurked

Gotmurked

Posts: 379 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Taking one of the more profitable drops from callisto is one thing, but replacing it with 30 dragon bones when vet'on drops 100.. Just go ahead and change the toadflax drop to 100 big bones so callisto completely dies out. It's a deep wildy boss in multi that hits 60s, and yet its getting nerfed as if revs didn't kill off wildy bosses enough. It's just sad to see one of my favorite pieces of content die out because of other game updates when a simple loot buff would help keep it active. Why even go to deep wildy callisto when even venn drops onyx bolt tips and the d pick at a safe level 30 wildy.

22-Nov-2018 16:16:44

IR0NMAN
Feb Member 2024

IR0NMAN

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
GJ killing yet another wildy boss off, Prime pk spot but who in the right mind is going to do callisto now, callisto was a fairly decent boss to do because like vennenatis's 60 onyx bolt drop callisto also had a signature drop of the nests, so you remove them and add a signature drop of 30 dragon bones when vet'ion drops 100 as not even a signature drop (which is 100 ranarrs) being the best

22-Nov-2018 17:37:47 - Last edited on 22-Nov-2018 17:42:48 by IR0NMAN

Kegs
Oct Member 2022

Kegs

Posts: 1,351 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I'm 99 Hunter using Redwood & Wildblood seeds. The 1st bird-house run I do today didn't provide much.

House 1 - NO nest
House 2 - 1 empty nest
House 3 - 1 seed nest (teak seed) & 1 empty nest
House 4 - 1 seed nest (pineapple tree seed) & 2 empty nest

I always had gotten 4 seed nests (1 per bird-house) & a few ring nests before this awful update. I saw nothing wrong with that as it seemed pretty reasonable getting 4 seeds a run, maybe you can fix what you've done...

23-Nov-2018 00:00:11

Packyff
Dec Member 2006

Packyff

Posts: 540 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I feel very uneasy about the gmaul update. I'm not a pker, but I don't like how they seem to have purposely worded it ambiguously.

They changed the logic of a classic weapon that's had a specific purpose for the game's whole existence. This needs a big explanation.

I never pk, and I've been the victim on pking several times, but I never get bent out of shape over it. It's the game. The fact that they seem to be catering to the crybaby community without polling really scares me.

23-Nov-2018 15:19:31

Stacky Wacky

Stacky Wacky

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you were nerfing birdhouses because of the nests, then why did you nerf seeds from birdhouses too? It used to be the first nest you get from a birdhouse was guaranteed to be a seeded one, that is no longer the case. I don't personally mind nerfing nests, but when only one of four birdhouses gives you a nest, and it doesn't even have a seed, it becomes dead content for me (and probably a lot of others).

please at least bring back the guaranteed seeded nest from the first nest you get. PLEASE! Or just get rid of birdhouses all together so I stop getting baited into wasting time and resources.

23-Nov-2018 18:21:17 - Last edited on 23-Nov-2018 18:22:01 by Stacky Wacky

Iron Gubzs

Iron Gubzs

Posts: 40 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So sure, nests are nerfed, good, but
can we talk about tree seeds?
Tree seeds are stupidly rare in this game and we finally had a method to get some at a reasonable rate and now it's nerfed due to an entirely different problem.

Forget about ironman stuff, here are the mainscape numbers:
Maple seeds cost over 10gp/exp (35k/3448xp)
Yew seeds cost over 10gp/exp (78k/7150xp)
Magic seeds cost over 10gp/exp (154k/13768xp)

Those are the wood seeds, even the fruit seeds (the slow exp) are about 6-7gp/xp.

I don't think you can honestly tell me those prices are ideal, and since we're apparently in the business of controlling prices, we need a reliable skilling method to get more tree seeds into the game. It would be as simple as keeping the seed rate the same as before while the nest rate remains in the new nerfed state.

I just gotta say fellas, it feels really bad as a player to have farming as a skill balanced around training with this method, while this method is incredibly non-viable to all but wealthy mains.
We're talking 99 prayer kinda expensive to train farming as intended.

Please consider looking at the sources of tree seeds.

Thanks, love you guys.

24-Nov-2018 00:38:55

StopTwichin

StopTwichin

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So not that I do not understand why the update happened, but I got maybe 4-2 birds with magic tree house no seed's. I think that as a passive way to gain exp its great but what is the point of getting my WC, Crafting up and hunter up if that I get less loot then what the logs I spent to make? Not to mention I agree with iron Gubz.

26-Nov-2018 09:41:27

Quick find code: 380-381-528-66062398 Back to Top