Forums

OSRS Reveals: Kebos Lowlands

Quick find code: 380-381-517-66050607

URDADDYDAVE

URDADDYDAVE

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OMG such great news! I guess the only word that I can use is "woooow"!

Not that excited about the new skill, I think isnt the moment for that and probably will vote no for warding.

All the other content will receive a huge YES!!! Especially about kebos lowlands and new diary and slayer stuff! I want to congratulate the game developers, you doing such a great job with OSRS!!!

07-Oct-2018 19:22:58

8L5
Mar Member 2024

8L5

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
in terms of the new slayer master could this possibly mean that the eternal slayer ring can be used to teleport directley to him. the rewards for the new hydra look great but the brimstone ring seems very powerful maybe should be charged in some sort of way similar to the way krakens works with boss dropping a charged version and the standard slayer most dropping uncharge version. im not sure of the use for the necklace as i dont think anybody at the level to kill hydras would rather use the necklace over bis offensive necklaces tortures anguish and occults. maybe the tail could be used to buff something else in game my intial thought was the seers ring to give it a mage dmg bonus as the ring is often unused for pvming Daniel

08-Oct-2018 13:47:02

Packyff
Dec Member 2006

Packyff

Posts: 540 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
YES! I am so excited for the newest Plague City quest! I really hope that doesn't end up being last priority here.

As for the other stuff:
Wouldn't it make sense to have the farming guild be off of the Hosidius region, not the complete opposite corner?

I'm not sure about the gloves. I think past polling has made it pretty clear that we want barrows gloves to stay top dog.

The new skill: poll it before you put any time into it. It's likely to fail.
I don't like that Zammy Robes would be player-made; they're more of a special/quest item.
For the economic repercussions, I guess if a certain robe price is already down to high-alch value then it can't really hurt. As long as nothing valuable becomes player-made, I would probably vote yes. The use of the skill looks overly complicated. I think that should be dumbed down a lot. It's just a production skill like crafting afterall.

08-Oct-2018 15:05:29

Ivoric

Ivoric

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like all of the content coming.

Farming overall useful and brings another aspect to the content. Maybe find a way to connect to Tithe Minigame as well.

My main concern after most of this is that the achievement diary seems, easy. Meaning that the level requirements seem low to complete it. Most of the high level stats are stats already surpassed by other diaries. I do feel that completing an elite diary in an area should be the highest possible things to do in that area or pretty close (excluding smithing and crafting). Also if warding is implemented into the game make the new area have a first achievement diary based around that so it would be more of an achievement and something for older players who already have max capes and achievement diary capes something else to work towards while working on that 99 warding cape.

Other than that looks good and I hope it all passes

08-Oct-2018 23:56:45

Ferocire

Ferocire

Posts: 10,978 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Melee content: A 1h version of hasta lance, gloves with overpowered stats, lance
Range content: Knives
Mage content: A ring...which increases accuracy..which magic doesn't need

Melee and range both gets weapons...why you no give magic a weapon?

Magic can already reliably hit against full dragonhide with a mage bonus as low as 70. We don't need more accuracy...... we need weapon variety .

A chance of ignoring 10% of one's magic defense should be limited to use against npcs.
OSRS Mage Tank.

Believe magic to only be for support? Think again. It's just as valid of a Pking style as melee and range is.

09-Oct-2018 01:34:30 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2018 01:40:26 by Ferocire

Yeli
Jun Member 2014

Yeli

Posts: 1,368 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very cool, can't wait for the poll. I don't like the BIS offensive gloves being able to be bought though. Should be an item to add to barrows gloves for better bonuses. And the new slayer master is garbage. Would much prefer to see it like 115+ cb and 80+ slayer or something.

09-Oct-2018 01:39:35

Kieli
Mar Member 2024

Kieli

Posts: 37 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anima Patch: Idea is great, but i'm not sure about the lifetime of the plant. It should be longer, because short things are too much like dailies. Maybe 10 days/plant.

Bottomless Compost Bucket: Will this be storeable to tool leprechaun?

Kourend & Kebos Achievement Diary: Diarys are the final touch to area. Its too soon to make them. There should be example few hard quests before this.

09-Oct-2018 09:07:22

Comedy
Nov Member 2013

Comedy

Posts: 377 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Things like the gloves make me question your line of thinking and the slippery slope the game has been headed. I guess some stuff looks neat but c'mon how hard is it to fill your compost in a leprechaun? Why do you have to make everything so easy for everyone lol

And yeah i know i probably come off as a bit salty or like I don't want new things but that's not the case at all - it just seems like a pretty slippery slope to start proposing so much and some stuff that takes over long existing content like it's nothing.

09-Oct-2018 10:03:20 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2018 10:06:18 by Comedy

Quick find code: 380-381-517-66050607 Back to Top