Forums

Tale of the Righteous

Quick find code: 380-381-478-66006348

Mod Ayiza

Mod Ayiza

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
CapitalPain said :
correct me if I'm wrong but the vote to make favour easier didn't pass?!

This is a bs update.

All the hours people have put in to get house favours and you make it easier and shorter to get. So instead of making rewards better and making it worthy to do all the work 1000's have put in you make it easier and put another bs quest no one cares about.

rewards are shocking and has no input if already got 100% favour.

just check it did fail :( over done us on this one

Simple thing to do was add something to the whole mini quest reward which make people want to do it like RFD. Not make it easier. Better yet just make it a quest with sub quests like rfd.

You keep adding quests which give favour its like slapping us in our face? A lot of people already have this done, its not even like its new content need more stuff added to it for people already completed. This in turn will make pieple want to grind. Its not even that long compared to skilling. Do a quest for nothing basically.

feelsbadman

When we polled removing the need to have 100% favour locked in before being able to get favour in another house, we said we'd like to rebalance the favour gain rates throughout Kourend regardless of the poll results.

The changes we've made today were a result of said rebalancing.

Apologies that you feel this is now much easier for anyone else, but many of the houses were seen as imbalanced. This change should even out the average time spent in every house, making the road to 100% favour more consistent between the houses, and generally shorter.

19-Apr-2018 12:39:50 - Last edited on 19-Apr-2018 13:19:23 by Mod Ayiza

CapitalPain
May Member 2023

CapitalPain

Posts: 1,354 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@mod ayiza I know you are trying to get a lore in kourend which is understandable The quest is needed to build. its the rewards I don't get. The book needs filling so yeah a tele but the thing is people who have done the quest have all the teles needed to get around kourend if not the minecarts.

Its like a double slap. The favour is long and very boring I have done it. So yeah it did changing its just shit so many hours were put in, I just feel like rather than making it easier in the end something needs to be added like rfd to make it a needed quest and make kourend the big part of rs you want it to be.

As for the revs thank you for response. loot just getting lower and lower. 20-50k per drop if you even get one ontop of amount of players going for kill plus pkers constantly. You wanna monitor revs use my acct lol next week ill be smashing them off every day

Random but whilst I'm here *cough* aby scim *cough*

19-Apr-2018 14:08:42

Orcrist9
Oct Member 2015

Orcrist9

Posts: 7,183 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CapitalPain said :
@mod ayiza I know you are trying to get a lore in kourend which is understandable The quest is needed to build. its the rewards I don't get. The book needs filling so yeah a tele but the thing is people who have done the quest have all the teles needed to get around kourend if not the minecarts.

Its like a double slap. The favour is long and very boring I have done it. So yeah it did changing its just shit so many hours were put in, I just feel like rather than making it easier in the end something needs to be added like rfd to make it a needed quest and make kourend the big part of rs you want it to be.

As for the revs thank you for response. loot just getting lower and lower. 20-50k per drop if you even get one ontop of amount of players going for kill plus pkers constantly. You wanna monitor revs use my acct lol next week ill be smashing them off every day

Random but whilst I'm here *cough* aby scim *cough*

Yeah, I don't think we should allow parts of the game, especially things like reputation grinds, to remain imbalanced just because there were players who did it while it was imbalanced. That's a bad reason to keep something imbalanced, and frankly, making a quest like RFD wouldn't address that imbalance, but rather it would only perpetuate it by essentially forcing players to grind rep for something like Barrows gloves from RFD. That doesn't solve the issue, it only makes it more apparent and worse. It's like drawing a circle around an open wound and not doing anything to actually treat it.
Here, I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret!

19-Apr-2018 16:05:58 - Last edited on 19-Apr-2018 16:06:16 by Orcrist9

Angel2D4

Angel2D4

Posts: 15,772 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
bvsbvs said :
why I lost my 100% favor in shayzien house? Before update I had 100% in all houses. Now shayzien is 0%.

Saw that post there and had to log back in and see if my favour had been reduced (I had 100% in all, and still do after completing this new quest).

I don't see anything wrong with 'balancing' the favour gain (though it was a pain to get 100% in all houses at the time that I did) for those who haven't gotten it yet.. no reason why they shouldn't balance it out.

However, it does seem to be a slap in the face to "reward" favour, for those who have already obtained the max favour they can in all houses. Just somehow doesn't feel "rewarding" ya know?

The quest, though called a novice quest, is likely to be quite annoying to novice players that are playing the game alone (too many parts of it where it's virtually impossible to determine on your own what to do for the next step.. hell, if you're not familiar with Zeah.. you know.. slightly experienced, not novice.. you're going to have difficulty even knowing where to start the quest.. I especially see this as problematic for the youngest portion of your player base).

It wasn't 'fun' IMO (but who knows, maybe the extra 8 teleports will 'balance' it out).
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King Jr.

19-Apr-2018 18:37:04

Quick find code: 380-381-478-66006348 Back to Top