Forums

General QoL!

Quick find code: 380-381-369-65889334

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Sartan said :
I've heard it has to do with graphics cards, or cpu or something, I don't know too much about these things.

OSRS uses a GFX engine written in 2003-4 to run in an applet in your browser on the same computers that had previously only needed to handle RS Classic, in an era when Java couldn't address as much memory as it can today. So it cuts corners and plays to a lowest common denominator, without graphics card support, using just your CPU. And it didn't know about multi-core computers either, since they weren't so much a thing in 2004.

S Klasse AMG said :
Well, are you going to acknowledge the situation or just listen to feedbacks that sounds nicer to your ears?

I already acknowledged that we're not offering the perfect solution here, but as we cannot always create exactly what players would like, the alternative is doing nothing. Which we can indeed do, but that doesn't seem like a better approach.

09-Mar-2017 11:24:03 - Last edited on 09-Mar-2017 11:26:31 by Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

KSP said :
Very nice bank pin feature, can't wait to use it once I've got access to my bank account after a 5 month long hijack.

If you're having trouble recovering your account, the Support team's help is here . I'm afraid I can't offer to give it to you myself.

09-Mar-2017 11:26:07

S Klasse AMG

S Klasse AMG

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
Sartan said :
Ash, will BH ever be fixed...

The connection to today's update is a little tenuous, perhaps. Anyway, I think Mod Archie's been planning some changes there. Mostly he was focusing on emblem farming, but he can certainly try for other changes too if you have something specific in mind.

You may have asked yourself deep down if you actually want the game to go in a proper direction instead of having community to decide on things. Maybe you are just listening to your boss and receive salary, and listens to sugarcoated criticism so as to look forward to make updates.

I honestly wished I never grasp on to false hope that the original osrs dev would come to it's senses one day.
If you need help, approach a specialized therapist in your area.

Follow @Artidote on Instagram to enhance awareness on mental health.
@the.holistic.psychologist, @lisaoliveratherapy, @silvy**oucasian

09-Mar-2017 11:27:30

Sartan
Jun Member 2022

Sartan

Posts: 46 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Specifics would be a pj timer like pvp worlds because there are literally ccs in the pure community full of pures that are in teams and in team chats, that will sit in east level 4-5 singles edge wildy, and continuously pj targets in a group, and rush anyone outside of their clique. I just got back into pking on my pure again recently, and when I had stopped before it had started to become a big problem, but now it's way out of control.

I do understand that pk clans and teams have a whole singles community where they pile people in deep wild even though it's singles so I'd say only have the pj timer up to 10 wildy since most BH targ hunting doesn't go that far. Or just have it on the entire BH world.

Second thing would be all those great bounty rewards that were suggested when BH first got announced should be revamped and repolled because the store is pretty dead, full of things that a lot of people own like cosmetic enhancements and stuff. The ring that increased the chance of bolt spec was something I was really hoping for.

Also the gmaul upgrade with maybe a defence requirement would be cool.

Other things would be like a target arrow on the minimap like the giant mole arrow that is about to be implemented, pointing to where your target is, so that people can go different places other than immediately north of edge bank, and everything isn't so crowded.

Also tele penalties would be great because the amount of rushers is insane. same with people that pretend to fight but just spec within the first 3 hits and tele if they fail.

09-Mar-2017 11:28:01

S Klasse AMG

S Klasse AMG

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :

S Klasse AMG said :
Well, are you going to acknowledge the situation or just listen to feedbacks that sounds nicer to your ears?

I already acknowledged that we're not offering the perfect solution here, but as we cannot always create exactly what players would like, the alternative is doing nothing. Which we can indeed do, but that doesn't seem like a better approach.

Im sure as a long-term employee of jagex, you are professional with your role and understanding there is more to this game than just mindless competitions and populist content creation.

Or maybe, the team has lost it's heart.
If you need help, approach a specialized therapist in your area.

Follow @Artidote on Instagram to enhance awareness on mental health.
@the.holistic.psychologist, @lisaoliveratherapy, @silvy**oucasian

09-Mar-2017 11:31:32

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

S Klasse AMG said :
Maybe you are just listening to your boss and receive salary, and listens to sugarcoated criticism so as to look forward to make updates.

I've already explained, twice, that we cannot always give exactly what everyone wants. Whether or not the feedback is "sugarcoated", as opposed to being pointlessly insulting, makes little difference if we still can't give you exactly what you want.

S Klasse AMG said :
You may have asked yourself deep down if you actually want the game to go in a proper direction instead of having community to decide on things.

As your complaint began with us not having listened to your feedback, it's perhaps inconsistent to ask that we stop letting community feedback direct things.

09-Mar-2017 11:32:32 - Last edited on 09-Mar-2017 11:37:35 by Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

S Klasse AMG said :
Im sure as a long-term employee of jagex, you are professional with your role and understanding there is more to this game than just mindless competitions and populist content creation.
Or maybe, the team has lost it's heart.

Yup. Which is why we do things other than competitions and "populist" content creation. Even if it causes complaints, sometimes.

In the meantime, you can take a break from your personal attacks.

09-Mar-2017 11:35:02 - Last edited on 09-Mar-2017 11:35:14 by Mod Ash

Sartan
Jun Member 2022

Sartan

Posts: 46 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ash if Jagex had more mods like you that cared enough to reply and talk to us I think everything would be a lot better. I really appreciate you listening to my questions and answering. Even if something isn't done immediately it gives the feeling like you have what I or someone else said in mind for future updates. A lot of people have the impression that jmods don't play their own game and have no idea what's really going on.

09-Mar-2017 11:35:58 - Last edited on 09-Mar-2017 11:41:08 by Sartan

Quick find code: 380-381-369-65889334 Back to Top