Forums

The Well of Goodwill

Quick find code: 380-381-116-65507644

Richy Ray

Richy Ray

Posts: 503 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very Nice idea, BUT

1. Fix the server lags first, i died yesterday at Godwars...
2. Ban all bots so people are able to make money to donate.
3. Ban all world 1 merc* scammers too
4. Ban al multi cheaters wich feed their mains

Afther this would be fixed i got no problem with donations some mils, but it really has to been fixed first.

Keep up the good work :)

31-Oct-2014 09:57:38

Jsarg

Jsarg

Posts: 102 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I won't be donating if everyone gets those rewards. If you unlocked those rewards individually on how much you donate I totally would. I'm not in favour of rich people donating loads and then everyone else getting the rewards that they paid for.

31-Oct-2014 10:38:13

Hutchens
Jun Member 2014

Hutchens

Posts: 6,002 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Spiderss said :
it's nice to see some profits that are actually used for a good cause, however i can't help but fathom jagex's unwillingness to loan money to foreign countries, countries that truthfully are in more dire need of it than their own. Charity is supposed to defined as selfless giving, not investing in the well-being of only their immediate surroundings. truthfully i would rather donate to one of the many religious organizations that claim all their proceeds go to those in need, and not individuals within first-world countries.
edit: first page, first time, woot

Are you really complaining about Jagex giving money to kids with cancer, veterans with disabilities, and people with mental illnesses? I hope you rot, scum.
2004 Veteran
-
Maxed OSRS 2/20/16
-
Comped RS3 6/2/21
-
@HutchensRS

31-Oct-2014 15:03:05

Hutchens
Jun Member 2014

Hutchens

Posts: 6,002 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Virginidy said :
Promoting the act of charity, in-game, is most benevolent and we applaud the effort.
However, are these -choices- of charity organizations, going to use their money to promote dangerous treatments such as Chemotherpy, or antidepressant use upon children?

Some of you may be aware, that more often than not, chemotherapy ends up with a weakened body state, inviting cancer to re-invade even more damagingly than it previously had done in a chronic disease patient.

There are charities out there finally starting to become infamous for how they actually spend their money; do some research. Many of the top charities, especially for cancer, use their funding to:

1. Suppress research/promotion of "alternative'' (not chemo), natural treaments
2. Claim patents solely upon profitable, synthetic, experimental medication
3. To pay multi-hundred thousand dollar salaries to charity board members

At first glance, these charities you have chosen Jagex, seem to be benevolent. But I for one have grown suspecting of the top charity organizations. Have a good day yall, this is my humble opinion.

How about choose the program that supplies gaming needs to people with disabilities - then you don't have to worry about funding things you don't support.
2004 Veteran
-
Maxed OSRS 2/20/16
-
Comped RS3 6/2/21
-
@HutchensRS

31-Oct-2014 15:06:03

Quick find code: 380-381-116-65507644 Back to Top