Forums

BUY TREASURE HUNTER KEYS BUG

Quick find code: 366-367-985-66183020

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Historically, there's been a "weekly purchase limit". I'm not sure if that's been updated, or changed but there was a limit on how many keys could be purchased within a certain time span in the past. Perhaps someone else might know what that limit is, and may be able to post clarification.

I'd suggest contacting Jagex's billing team for clarification:
https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209198029-Contact-Customer-Support
Forum Moderator

05-Oct-2020 13:27:15

Sir Eric5

Sir Eric5

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello fellow players,

I'm having an issue where there are no options available for additonal keys or coins. Bonds are still available, and the earned keys option still works, however I would love the option to purchase keys and continue to help support the game (especially during this limited time firework event).

I saw the advice above from Theos, however the link kept taking me in circles with no functional customer service (I appreciate and understand that the support link is designed to streamline self-resolution and filter unnecessary work for Jagex). Not a big deal, but as a subscriber, its a segment of the game I enjoy and an aspect I'm willing to support Jagex and the RuneScape community by participating in.

If anyone else has a similar experience, or could provide some clarity/solutions i would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - Older threads mentioned limits based on unknown factors, so I wanted to share that I'm a premier gold member, account in good standing, no unpaid balances, already verified with my "FI" and my account was created back in RuneScape classic.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, Happy Holidays!

03-Jan-2021 08:53:53

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
it also depends on how often you purchase th keys or other mtx.

How many did you purchase? the only option is to wait it out and try to buy
more in a few days. Jagex hasnt ever given a definate purchase amount. (not
that I have seen).

All anyone can do is say just wait and try again in a few days.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

03-Jan-2021 19:49:10

Infinity oh

Infinity oh

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Theos said :
Historically, there's been a "weekly purchase limit". I'm not sure if that's been updated, or changed but there was a limit on how many keys could be purchased within a certain time span in the past. Perhaps someone else might know what that limit is, and may be able to post clarification.

I'd suggest contacting Jagex's billing team for clarification:
https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-gb/articles/209198029-Contact-Customer-Support

There isn't even an option for this type of error. What else do you suggest?

I've got the same issue and all i bought was 200 keys and membership.

01-Feb-2021 01:07:30

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,605 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here are J Mod responses from similar past threads:

Original message details are unavailable.
I understand you've been having issues with your buying limit having been reached for Treasure Hunter Keys. Limits for purchases are based on a number of factors. I am unable to go into detail on what these factor are, as truthfully I don't know. What I do know is that previous purchases are taken into consideration but it is our systems that sets what quantities you are allowed to buy in.

I am also unaware of when this limit will be lifted as it depends on a number of factors that the system decides but hopefully it will not be too long.

Original message details are unavailable.
As I mentioned, the system sets these limits, unless you are buying through a third party such as BOKU, who set their own. This is not a widespread issue and only impacts very few players, as it usually takes quite a lot of purchases, to trigger the limit being imposed.

Please be aware that the limits are there for the best interests of all parties and I hope it hasn't impacted on your gaming too much, but the limits will not be lifted until the system makes that decision.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

02-Feb-2021 21:55:59

Toad N Toot
Aug Member 2012

Toad N Toot

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ok I just tried to buy keys on my account it gave me a message saying payment has been rejected I have not bought anything for my account in a very long time I am using the same card I have used many times to buy my year membership this is very annoying and I wish someone would give a answer. My wife has had a similar problem but she has recently bought keys so we figured she just reached her limit.

Thank you.

11-Feb-2021 04:11:09

Quick find code: 366-367-985-66183020 Back to Top