Forums

Give us a canine companion!

Quick find code: 366-367-9-66170808

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all,

Very simple suggestion here.

Felix the cat has been an incredibly popular pet in Runescape with the Meowsketeer, Santa Paws, and Sameowrai outfits unlocks.

I would love to see Jagex release a new pet with multiple outfit overrides, except a canine companion. A new dog companion with multiple outfit unlocks could be a very popular addition to the already 200+ pets that exist in Runescape and fill the void of a customizable canine companion.

Similar to the "Blue fur shorthair" override token for Felix the cat, the new dog companion could also feature several different types of colors to allow players to also personalize the fur of their pet dog to match their player's outfits potentially. I think a canine companion could be a well sought out pet in-game, and the tokens could be feature on Treasure Hunter as cosmetic token unlocks with various series of unlocks scattered throughout the years to provide excitement and further customization.

Some outfit suggestions I have are:
- Dragon Slayer Pup
- Wizard outfit (Can you imagine how cute a dog with a wizard outfit and staff would look?)
- Christmas theme puppy unlock, featuring a small Christmas jumper for the puppy (perhaps variations of the jumper including or utilizing currently available jumpers) along with a festive Santa hat.

Thoughts? :)
Forum Moderator

16-Jul-2020 15:49:13

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would love a little dog running around behind me like felix does.

And having the exact same kinds of outfits would be fabulous.
Not everyone is a cat person.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

17-Jul-2020 08:31:29

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i was happy with cerberus but still not the kind of dog i think we want.

Jusst a little note.. did you guys see the snake on the tail of the cerberus pet?

My 10 year old pointed that out when i showed it to him.. i had overlooked it
while looking at how the heads and eyes looked.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

30-Jul-2020 21:14:22

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ladyolake said :
i was happy with cerberus but still not the kind of dog i think we want.

Jusst a little note.. did you guys see the snake on the tail of the cerberus pet?

My 10 year old pointed that out when i showed it to him.. i had overlooked it
while looking at how the heads and eyes looked.
'

The cerberus pet does look amazing, and is a start. I haven't noticed the snake on the tail, but I'll give it a closer look next time I login to play RS.

I'd still like to see a dog pet that can be customized with a variety of outfits. :)
Forum Moderator

31-Jul-2020 20:49:26

Zyphix
Sep Member 2010

Zyphix

Posts: 3,919 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But there's already so many dog companions it's ridiculous.
The Lorehound is probably the closest dog-custom to Felix.
Clan:
l||l°~
Void Nation
~°l||l
|
20+ Veteran
|
Balance is Eternal

JAGeX Verified Clan Site:
voidnation.boards.n3t

12-Aug-2020 21:31:41 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2020 21:33:09 by Zyphix

GhostlyBard

GhostlyBard

Posts: 4,332 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zyphix said :
But there's already so many dog companions it's ridiculous.
The Lorehound is probably the closest dog-custom to Felix.
Was about to say this, I suppose if the proposed doggo wanders around on 2 legs a’la Felix then that’d be something new.

Felix does seem to have more personality than your average pet however. So a dog version wouldn’t be too bad especially if it had some cool outfits to go with it.
Check out Thieves guild layout redesign. Happy ‘scaping

16-Aug-2020 14:52:41 - Last edited on 16-Aug-2020 14:53:05 by GhostlyBard

Garnet Red

Garnet Red

Posts: 437 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No incessant whining dogs that other players have to hear... that one dog who whines constantly is an annoyance that should be limited to the owner's hearing. Either allow them to train the dog or fix it so only the owner has to hear it please,
Garnet Red

15-Jan-2023 21:13:28

Quick find code: 366-367-9-66170808 Back to Top