Forums

Ironman Oddments

Quick find code: 366-367-602-66161457

Valyk

Valyk

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Don't usually post on the forums but wanted some information on this.

I've noticed recently there are a lot more cosmetics on the Oddments store, I'd purchased the Furies Agent outfit before and I had enough to purchase the Bloodmage outfit too.

However I really enjoy collecting overrides and it appears there is no way for me to now get Oddments to be able to afford these cosmetics? Is there a plan to put them available as Runecoins? Or a new way that will allow Ironman to gain more Oddments?

To tell you the truth I don't know how I ended up with Oddments anyway, so maybe I'm missing something, but according to the Wiki they're earned from Treasure Hunter.

I find it pretty demoralizing that I'm completely unable to get these cosmetics

21-May-2020 14:06:01

Conformed
Oct Member 2023

Conformed

Posts: 2,901 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fair enough, but I believe that the inability to obtain certain cosmetics is just another limitation that Ironmen put on themselves. That said, it would be nice to see an alternate method introduced for those that really want to earn these cosmetic rewards.
-- Con
for
med --

22-May-2020 00:44:45

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Conformed said :
Fair enough, but I believe that the inability to obtain certain cosmetics is just another limitation that Ironmen put on themselves. That said, it would be nice to see an alternate method introduced for those that really want to earn these cosmetic rewards.

I get it these are cosmetics thus have no effect on gameplay but just like you said, its a limitation.

So why should one be removed just because ppl want stuff?

Ppl could use this logic for nearly all limitations thus get them all removed.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

22-May-2020 01:42:45

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Valyk said :
To tell you the truth I don't know how I ended up with Oddments anyway, so maybe I'm missing something, but according to the Wiki they're earned from Treasure Hunter.

A total of 6,000 oddments were part of the 2020 Gold Premier Club package. I'm fairly certain this is where you would have received them from if you purchased the package for your Ironman account.

22-May-2020 14:25:22

Wild Emmie

Wild Emmie

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :

I get it these are cosmetics thus have no effect on gameplay but just like you said, its a limitation.

So why should one be removed just because ppl want stuff?

Ppl could use this logic for nearly all limitations thus get them all removed.

If the limitations, as you like to put it, are all purely cosmetic.. why is that an issue? Is it going to give us an advantage over you? No. It just means that iron accounts can have access to more cosmetic items. It gives us more content to enjoy and adds to the fun and customization of our gameplay. Why is iron accounts having more cosmetics such an issue? SMH.

17-Oct-2020 17:31:52 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2020 17:32:42 by Wild Emmie

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Wild Emmie said :

If the limitations, as you like to put it, are all purely cosmetic.. why is that an issue? Is it going to give us an advantage over you? No. It just means that iron accounts can have access to more cosmetic items. It gives us more content to enjoy and adds to the fun and customization of our gameplay. Why is iron accounts having more cosmetics such an issue? SMH.

Due to the fact you chose to agree to these limitations on release now all of a sudden you want them removed.

Maybe you shouldve thought twice before agreeing to something you clearly didnt want.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

19-Oct-2020 23:32:52 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2020 23:33:09 by Draco Burnz

MyGlazedBuns
Dec Member 2022

MyGlazedBuns

Posts: 79 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You don't need to act like an uncivilized cave goblin to tell him you don't support his ideas. I agree with irons obtaining cosmetics. The idea of an iron is only to be self sufficient, not to be dressed in ugly armour. They could easily add a method in which irons could obtain oddments for outfits through skilling or combat.

Suggesting that he didn't do his research and therefore shouldn't express an opinion is the ugliest form of elitism. And with that logic then nobody should ever express any opinion about changes to the main game either, because they didn't do their research. Nice.

01-Feb-2021 14:44:28

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Why should irons get a special way of getting oddments?

Just because they chose a special mode?

Nah they knew what they were getting themselves into so they can deal w/o.

Being an IM clearly states no TH so that includes rewards from it. Since oddments are a reward from TH they cant obtain them.

Plus getting them outside TH would clearly make jagex lose out on money so they wouldnt do that anyways.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

02-Feb-2021 01:54:49 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2021 01:56:18 by Draco Burnz

Bel Tiamat
Nov Member 2023

Bel Tiamat

Posts: 994 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear ironman, just don't even bother trying to change the game or the people that only want to judge and bully you. The same punks that think "oh Beach is good free xp for ironman" are the same ones that buily you if u want a "non-competitive rest animation".

Just quit the ironman. They're not special. The only thing you signed up for is allowing others to bulky u.
Dear God, please send the competition, feels like there ain't any.
I long lost count of the victories, there were just far too many.

12-Feb-2021 04:53:00

Quick find code: 366-367-602-66161457 Back to Top