Forums

Ironman Oddments

Quick find code: 366-367-602-66161457

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bel Tiamat said :
Dear ironman, just don't even bother trying to change the game or the people that only want to judge and bully you. The same punks that think "oh Beach is good free xp for ironman" are the same ones that buily you if u want a "non-competitive rest animation".

Just quit the ironman. They're not special. The only thing you signed up for is allowing others to bulky u.

Yea because being able to obtain TH rewards is so much like getting a rest animation... /s

Noice try.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

12-Feb-2021 11:24:42

The contents of this message have been hidden.

12-Feb-2021 12:20:07

The contents of this message have been hidden.

12-Feb-2021 13:47:01

Kopaka
Dec Member 2023

Kopaka

Posts: 3,578 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You might have been given 15k oddments after the removal of rare item tokens, as that seems to have been applied across the board to irons and nons alike.

Oddments are odd. I don't really understand why they exist. Oh well.

I don't see any valid argument for irons having a special way to obtain them that only would apply to irons. That's not how anything in the game is. Irons have less not more options than nons. That's kind of the point.

So how could earning oddments outside of TH be achieved for everyone?

I could see quests providing oddments on completion instead of TH keys.

Same with daily challenges.

I could see the random key tokens being replaced with oddments.

I could see oddments being something you could buy with thaler.

16-Feb-2021 03:30:57

Bel Tiamat
Nov Member 2023

Bel Tiamat

Posts: 994 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ you have many very good ideas. I like them all. I have an idea to add....

Consider this, each player gets at least one treasure hunter key per day. Imagine you were extremely unlucky and ALWAYS opened a silver prize. If u cash out the silver prize for oddments I think u get 25 in total, per key/silver prize.

Imagine this, ironman get 25 oddments simply for logging in and 50 if members. Non-ironamn shouldn't complain as though its unfair...... I mean, use the keys and cash out for oddments.

As far as your ideas are concerned I think 25 oddments should be the reward.... for completing quests, challenges, random key finds.... as though they simply exchanged a silver prize for oddments.
Dear God, please send the competition, feels like there ain't any.
I long lost count of the victories, there were just far too many.

16-Feb-2021 08:52:54 - Last edited on 16-Feb-2021 08:56:42 by Bel Tiamat

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bel Tiamat said :

As far as your ideas are concerned I think 25 oddments should be the reward.... for completing quests, challenges, random key finds.... as though they simply exchanged a silver prize for oddments.

Love how you're choosing to ignore the simple concept of jagex losing money with this "idea".

So could you deal with even more MTX with this?

Id think not as a good number of ppl dislike it as is.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

16-Feb-2021 10:56:03

Bel Tiamat
Nov Member 2023

Bel Tiamat

^ when did that concept come into this conversation? Just now, because you said so? Can you elaborate a little bit?

I don't understand what you're suggesting by "handle more mtx with this". People get free daily keys.... all I suggested was converting those into oddments for ironman.

I've made my stance clear about ironman already- they're useless and pointless and meaningless. Ironman was supposed to be a protest against easy scape, stars and lamps from th. When things like beach and other holiday events are available for ironman, in my honest opinion, the whole exercise becomes pointless.

I never thought players were protesting against cosmetics considering cosmetics were always available via the store and tokens and keepsake keys.......

I don't understand your protest against an ironman acquiring a small amount of oddments, even when you suggest it be financial considering players might need to log in 800 times at a rate of 50 daily oddments for members for the likes of a Felix outfit from the oddments store.

17-Feb-2021 04:29:10 - Last edited on 17-Feb-2021 04:42:31 by Bel Tiamat

Bel Tiamat
Nov Member 2023

Bel Tiamat

^ are u a psychic or did u ask them?

Ironman received 15k oddments recently just like we all did.

I didn't see one complaint. Did u?

-------

I don't pretend to be a psychic. I don't think this or that will happen. All I'm doing is talking.

18-Feb-2021 12:43:28 - Last edited on 18-Feb-2021 12:57:57 by Bel Tiamat

Quick find code: 366-367-602-66161457 Back to Top