Forums

Bring back the BOOGIE! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 366-367-547-65923677

itsBWIZ
Jan Member 2015

itsBWIZ

Posts: 29 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please consider bringing back the Boogie Bow. I stand for the cause of allowing all to obtain such awesome objects which were once offered. I'm not asking you to give it away; a treasure hunter/Vic's store/etc would be fine.

Please support!

Cheers
B

20-Jun-2017 12:35:50

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No support. You might not be asking it to be just "given away", but allowing it to be obtained outside the original intended method would still kill any meaning that bow has. Attaching a cost to something doesn't mean lazy practices like this would be justified.

There's a big variety of bows in the game, so this can't be the only bow you adore, and you can always suggest new ones. Do that rather than attempting to ruin a part of the game's integrity.

P.S. I don't have this bow either, and I'd like the look of it as well, but that doesn't change the facts: we weren't at the party, so we don't deserve the rewards that were awarded for participating in that party. A simple concept, really.
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

20-Jun-2017 14:29:04

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sharp-shin said :
No support. You might not be asking it to be just "given away", but allowing it to be obtained outside the original intended method would still kill any meaning that bow has. Attaching a cost to something doesn't mean lazy practices like this would be justified.

There's a big variety of bows in the game, so this can't be the only bow you adore, and you can always suggest new ones. Do that rather than attempting to ruin a part of the game's integrity.

P.S. I don't have this bow either, and I'd like the look of it as well, but that doesn't change the facts: we weren't at the party, so we don't deserve the rewards that were awarded for participating in that party. A simple concept, really.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

20-Jun-2017 21:31:33 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2017 22:16:05 by Draco Burnz

Shifu
Dec Member 2010

Shifu

Posts: 3,595 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't mind if they re-released the boogie bow at all, and I was at the party and do own one.

My personal opinion is that items like this should remain "limited" for a year or so, so those at the event have "bragging rights", and then give them out or re-release them in some format a year or so later. Maybe make it an override only, so event players still have the physical item as "proof" they were really there - of course, give them the override for free as well.

My boogie bow just sits with Diango, gathering dust. I don't see why players, like yourself, who would like to have it and use it should be denied it just because they weren't able to play at the time. I'd rather everyone had it and anyone could enjoy it than a few have it but hardly anyone ever uses it. That's my opinion on every holiday item, and I have all of the non-MTX ones stretching back over a decade.

I do hope you get the boogie bow someday. :)
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.

21-Jun-2017 00:14:52

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shifu said :
I don't mind if they re-released the boogie bow at all, and I was at the party and do own one.

My personal opinion is that items like this should remain "limited" for a year or so, so those at the event have "bragging rights", and then give them out or re-release them in some format a year or so later. Maybe make it an override only, so event players still have the physical item as "proof" they were really there - of course, give them the override for free as well.

My boogie bow just sits with Diango, gathering dust. I don't see why players, like yourself, who would like to have it and use it should be denied it just because they weren't able to play at the time. I'd rather everyone had it and anyone could enjoy it than a few have it but hardly anyone ever uses it. That's my opinion on every holiday item, and I have all of the non-MTX ones stretching back over a decade.

Nah, its best left discontinued.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

21-Jun-2017 03:42:42

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,569 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shifu said :

Exactly! It's funny how MOST of the players who do own the item don't really care if they return or not as these items mostly collect dust at Diango or in the bank, and then there are elitist players who don't own the item yet don't support it being rereleased. Alrighty then it's their loss truly if they want to limit themselves so much.

21-Jun-2017 03:46:52

Zyphix
Sep Member 2010

Zyphix

Posts: 3,919 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Turksta said :
Exactly! It's funny how MOST of the players who do own the item don't really care if they return or not as these items mostly collect dust at Diango or in the bank, and then there are elitist players who don't own the item yet don't support it being rereleased. Alrighty then it's their loss truly if they want to limit themselves so much.
"Elitist". LOL. That's using the term loosely, as they're hardly anyone of persuasiveness. I'd prefer to use the term egotistic and/or selfish.
Clan:
l||l°~
Void Nation
~°l||l
|
20+ Veteran
|
Balance is Eternal

JAGeX Verified Clan Site:
voidnation.boards.n3t

21-Jun-2017 05:31:36 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2017 05:33:44 by Zyphix

Turksta

Turksta

Posts: 3,569 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zyphix said :
Turksta said :
"Elitist". LOL. That's using the term loosely, as they're hardly anyone of persuasiveness. I'd prefer to use the term egotistic and/or selfish.
True. What i said might come off as real offensive to those elitists who are nice and caring :P

21-Jun-2017 05:36:26

Quick find code: 366-367-547-65923677 Back to Top