Forums

Mxt rants on reddit Thread is locked

Quick find code: 366-367-473-66121860

Baby Balth

Baby Balth

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
f a k e news said :
Will there be anything done about mxt rants on reddit? I think this hurts new players joining as we already have few new players joining anyway.

Yeah you clearly haven't logged in and seen the state of the game lately. I highly doubt a new player would even get to the stage where they look at reddit after seeing that. Best thing to do for new players would be to fire the mtx team and maybe hire someone to fix that mess called runescape.

21-Sep-2019 10:06:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I doubt many new players join through Reddit as Jagex only integrated RS3 with FB, Google and Twitch. They also get FB Companion.

Rest assured, a lot more new players will join through Google and Apple when RS3 Mobile is released.

Rant on Reddit? I don't think new players care. :)

21-Sep-2019 19:15:12

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,955 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Runescape is a game that spread through word of mouth.

Word of mouth for this game has never been in a worse state. New players? They don't need to go to reddit to see the rants. They already know the game is MTX-ridden crap, as many news outlets have begun reporting on the aggressive monetization policies Jagex is using to gut the playerbase.
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

21-Sep-2019 19:42:15

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said :

Word of mouth for this game has never been in a worse state. New players? They don't need to go to reddit to see the rants. They already know the game is MTX-ridden crap, as many news outlets have begun reporting on the aggressive monetization policies Jagex is using to gut the playerbase.

If the new outlets have reported and new players don't need to go to Reddit to see it then obviously Jagex doesn't need to do anything.

Actually check that they have already made a statement, telling people they are honored to be the 1st speaker in their meeting with UK DCMS on the research of Immersive and Addictive Technologies and they will continue to talk with UKIE regarding safety and health of their players. This pretty much answered OP's question. :)

21-Sep-2019 20:07:05

Fake moons

Fake moons

Posts: 366 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miu said :

True, runescape's name is mud in the uk lol. Devious mud might have been more fitting after all.

22-Sep-2019 00:44:02

Quick find code: 366-367-473-66121860 Back to Top