Forums

Feeling ripped OFF. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 366-367-432-66078588

Azyezl
Aug Member 2017

Azyezl

Posts: 4,418 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey all. Has anyone else experienced a serious lack of purple's on T.H lately?

I use to get at least 5-6 purples every time I brought 75 keys. But, within the last few months I've not had even ONE purple.

Is there a bug? or am I getting scammed big time by jagex?

I know purple is "Rare" but not having seen one purple in the last 300+ keys??? That's taking the mick. Especially since I use to get 5-6 a time out of 75 keys.

So.… Have the odds dropped to like 1% chance of getting a purple? and if so, I think there should be an odd's marker stated on T.H telling us how likely we are in getting purple, red ECT...

It can show like this. Odd's - Purple 2/10. Red 4/10 …. Ect….

I just think we are being shown purple's but have NO chance of actually winning them these days. its very annoying.

And yes, I am aware T.H is basically gambling, but even I win a tenner on the lottery time to time. I just would like to know the odds of winning or if it is even possible to win …

Anyway. Thanks for reading.
---]-
Fight The Dead
~
Fear The Living
-[---

Neebs
Gaming

25-Jan-2019 08:48:56

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No offense, but you kept buying pigs in pokes; even if Jagex hasn't manipulated the odds on Treasure Hunter, you could still be SOL due to RNG alone. Jagex intentionally doesn't reveal the odds in numbers, because that gives valuable information to the player, which would result in decreased key sales: when players don't know the average money they need to spend to get a certain prize, they're more likely to try it, and if they don't get it, they're more likely to continue trying due to sunk cost fallacy ("I already spent money on this, so if I don't get what I want, I completely wasted my money").

Until loot boxes become properly regulated, if you want to even hope for Jagex to reveal the odds of winning the prizes on Treasure Hunter, stop buying keys. As long as there are enough many addicts buying keys, Jagex won't reveal the odds, since they have no incentive to do so.
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

25-Jan-2019 10:02:03

Never RIP

Never RIP

Posts: 1,418 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it works sorta like this....

There may be 100 potential purple prizes in 2,000 potential overall prizes...

Once u've won 98 of the 100 potential prizes, there is only 2 left and ur chances of acquiring a purple prize plummets.

I think u've won all the purples already and there's only protean and 200m prize left.
Skillet? Skill no.

So much moot.

05-Feb-2019 02:00:38 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2019 02:02:43 by Never RIP

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Azyezl said :

I use to get at least 5-6 purples every time I brought 75 keys. But, within the last few months I've not had even ONE purple.

See, THAT'S the outlier here. I'm 99.9% sure that Purples aren't supposed to have a 5%+ drop rate. Probably closer to 1%, if not less. So now that you're not getting super lucky, you feel suspicious.

But yes, Jagex should definitely reveal their odds. I know more and more countries are starting to require that, especially on mobile, so presumably it'll happen sooner rather than later, but honestly it should have been that way from the start. But, you know how it is, if you know how bad the odds are, you're less likely to actually buy into it. I do wonder how big the difference in key sales will be once Jagex coughs up the numbers...

05-Feb-2019 04:32:53

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I haven't landed on any "purlples" for weeks but I don't feel ripped off at all.

For instance, I only hit the lowest common denominator "white" slots 4 times today with 4 keys and got > 1 million gp worth of silverhawk feathers and 3 celebration lamps worth >60k directly xp.

Not the jackpot but even the lowest common denominator "white" slot prizes are pretty good to me, and even better when I get them with free daily keys. :D

05-Feb-2019 16:35:15

CuddleBucket

CuddleBucket

Posts: 17,474 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Azyezl said :
Hey all. Has anyone else experienced a serious lack of purple's on T.H lately?

Is there a bug? or am I getting scammed big time by jagex?

I know purple is "Rare" but not having seen one purple in the last 300+ keys??? That's taking the mick. Especially since I use to get 5-6 a time out of 75 keys.

So.… Have the odds dropped to like 1% chance of getting a purple? and if so, I think there should be an odd's marker stated on T.H telling us how likely we are in getting purple, red ECT...

It can show like this. Odd's - Purple 2/10. Red 4/10 …. Ect….

I just think we are being shown purple's but have NO chance of actually winning them these days. its very annoying.

And yes, I am aware T.H is basically gambling, but even I win a tenner on the lottery time to time. I just would like to know the odds of winning or if it is even possible to win …

Anyway. Thanks for reading.
lmao this post made me lose my shit.

You've actually got RIDICULOUSLY lucky by getting 5-6 purples every 75 keys, yet because it's gone back to normal you see yourself as unlucky or being scammed.

Absolutely hilarious.

You are literally one of the luckiest players in game, yet here you are complaining!
YOU WIN OR YOU LEARN

~
^
~
B
onus
XP
~
^
~

06-Feb-2019 15:06:22 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2019 02:55:58 by CuddleBucket

Doorknob747

Doorknob747

Posts: 820 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sharp-shin said :
No offense, but you kept buying pigs in pokes; even if Jagex hasn't manipulated the odds on Treasure Hunter, you could still be SOL due to RNG alone. Jagex intentionally doesn't reveal the odds in numbers, because that gives valuable information to the player, which would result in decreased key sales: when players don't know the average money they need to spend to get a certain prize, they're more likely to try it, and if they don't get it, they're more likely to continue trying due to sunk cost fallacy ("I already spent money on this, so if I don't get what I want, I completely wasted my money").

Until loot boxes become properly regulated, if you want to even hope for Jagex to reveal the odds of winning the prizes on Treasure Hunter, stop buying keys. As long as there are enough many addicts buying keys, Jagex won't reveal the odds, since they have no incentive to do so.

Number one reason why I never spent a single penny for even a bond!
JAGEX PLEASE START PLANING FOR A 300Million Account Event.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Quick find code: 185-186-627-65997434

06-Feb-2019 21:29:21

Quick find code: 366-367-432-66078588 Back to Top