Scrap TH altogether

Quick find code: 366-367-298-66265753

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Never going to happen.

Even if it were to, something else would just take its place.

So unless you want something thats on par if not "worse", then its best for TH to stay.

More like something else would supplement TH instead of taking its place.

Remember when they first talked about Yak Track? Players thought it was there to replace TH, only that Mod Osborne clarified they would only stop running TH promotions, not TH itself when they ran Yak Tracks. Now they even have TH promotions and Yak Tracks at the same time.

The reality is regardless what for profit companies, they would be hopelessly stupid to throw away the most profitable ways of conducting businesses.

Evidently a lot of consumers are happy to either buy TH keys directly or subscription based products indirectly for more TH keys. TH is a vital component in Jagex's business. They can't remove it. If they had to remove it from RS3, it is going to show up in their other games.

As I mentioned there will be a drastic domino effect. First RS3 would not be growing at a 18% or 20% rate every year. It would probably be more like 7 or 8% which means Jagex the company as a whole might turn into negative growth, which is obviously unacceptable to Carlyle Group. So good bye to OSRS and more diversification comes to beautify Jagex's balance sheet. They would put TH on the new games, causing them to outgrow RS3 and eventually RS3 would be neglectable too.

05-Dec-2022 19:35:54

Squirrlee
Jun Member 2021

Squirrlee

Posts: 56 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TH is a product of Diminishing Marginal Utility to most players. As characters progress TH becomes less useful because most of the rewards are now Lamps, Stars and skilling aids. There are way fewer fun items now than in the past. The "fun" items are now Rare or Semi-Rare items that pretty hard to get. I know I don't think the odds are good enough to spend money on keys just to get the Green Santa or Purple Mask.

Jagex should just flat out sell them for Money on the site. Be honest about what these items cost. Sure, leave then in TH for people to get "Lucky" but might as well just sell them also.

Now as for scrapping TH you might want to rethink that. I don't think DXP events would be as much fun without TH rewards. Imagine the Beach event and the Dung Hole with NO BXP or Cores, that would be PAINFUL.

11-Dec-2022 22:24:19

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :

More like something else would supplement TH instead of taking its place.

Nope something will takes its place as jagex needs a way to earn them money.

Plus ive never heard ppl say anything about YT being a replacement for TH so i dont know where you got that from.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

11-Dec-2022 23:05:18 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2022 23:07:42 by Draco Burnz

Rockerrock32
Oct Member 2021

Rockerrock32

Posts: 567 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
it makes them money so it's not going away. It's not the runescape of old when andrew was running thing. He sold the company and the new people give 0 fucks about the players. Just selling TH keys and bonds for RWIT pretty much

13-Dec-2022 01:12:50

Quick find code: 366-367-298-66265753 Back to Top