Forums

TH gems in Rare Item Store

Quick find code: 366-367-173-66125603

Ahura

Ahura

Posts: 3,360 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This suggestion is about expanding the rewards in the Rare Item Store and giving the store a bit more variation by adding TH gems to it. The 2 times Nic the Trader (not Vic) was around, TH gems (yellow to purple) were offered in his store. Each of these gems gave one random TH item of corrosponding rarity. Here's a link where you can find these gems from Nic I'm talking about: https://runescape.wiki/w/Nic%27s_Store#October_2018

I suggest the costs of these gems in rare item tokens to be double what they currently cost in credits in Nic's store. The reason for this is because you can buy 2 rare item tokens for every credit in Vic's store. So if you were to buy rare item tokens in Vic's store and then exchange them for TH gems, you would ultimately pay the same than if you were to buy TH gems with credits directly from Nic.

So TH gems will have the following costs in the Rare Item Store: yellow 100 tokens, orange 300, red 1000 and purple 5000.
Feel free to take a look at my suggestions: 200m xp prestige

17-Oct-2019 08:13:16 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2019 10:29:59 by Ahura

The contents of this message have been hidden.

30-Oct-2019 07:44:02

Ahura

Ahura

Dilbert2001 said :
I don't think so since the Oddments Store is supposed to give players more control on the prizes instead of another RNG based surprise mechanic.
Rare Item Store (not Oddment Store) has always been luck based feature in the game. Getting the tokens is (in most cases directly or indirectly) obtained by RNG as well as getting the rewards directly from TH or umbral chests.

31-Oct-2019 09:58:37 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2019 09:59:12 by Ahura

Conner 4Real
Jun Member 2019

Conner 4Real

Posts: 265 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think this is a great idea. At least allow us to sell our rare item tokens to them for credits for both Vic and Nic stores.

I end up converting rare item tokens I get now since I have purchased all of the items in the current rare item store so making them more useful would be nice.

14-Nov-2019 03:52:25

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ahura said :
Dilbert2001 said :
I don't think so since the Oddments Store is supposed to give players more control on the prizes instead of another RNG based surprise mechanic.
Rare Item Store (not Oddment Store) has always been luck based feature in the game. Getting the tokens is (in most cases directly or indirectly) obtained by RNG as well as getting the rewards directly from TH or umbral chests.

You don't get the point.

First, Rare Item Store is not luck based. You trade in a fixed number of Rare Item Tokens for a predetermined prize. You can get gp based on RNG based content like boss drop and use it to buy items from many many in game stores too but it doesn't mean all those stores like the General Store, Weapon/Rune/Armor shops all over Gielinor are luck based.

Then you don't seem to see the introduction of the Oddment Store is to reduce the randomness of TH because it allows any player to choose Oddments over any random prize they obtain from TH.

RNG mechanism is not going away as it is a fun and surprise way to enrich player experience. However, transparency of prizes (through release of odds, rarity and clairvoyance etc) and choices of fixed items to players, the RNG based factor of TH is being reduced. That's the point.

04-Dec-2019 17:23:29

Ahura

Ahura

@Dilbert
You are right that in certain cases money making involves luck too, but Rare Token Store is largely an RNG thing because the main way the currency is obtained is by playing TH.

I'm not sure if the true intention behind oddment store was to reduce TH's randomness. Oddment store was originally a way to re-obtain rewards from previous 'golden tools' promos. Jagex has used many different methods to re-introduce old TH/SOF rewards.

Either way, this is not about the oddment store. This is about the Rare Token Store and I'd like to see it improved and have more available rewards by adding those TH gems that were an interesting little feature in Nic's store. If that supposedly means a bigger RNG factor, I don't mind that. What matters is to add more variety to the (largely abandoned) Rare Token Store. If the RNG factor of TH is being reduced, this means the RNG factor of the Store is being reduced because both they are interconnected.

05-Dec-2019 08:38:59 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2019 08:52:51 by Ahura

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ahura, you are very wrong if you think the main way of getting Rare Item Tokens is by playing TH. In fact, these tokens come very rarely from TH. Once a blue moon you get a couple of hundreds of them from a TH roll. The actual main source of these tokens is Vic the Trader. Any player can trade for tens of thousands of them with a FIXED amount of bonus xp. There is no RNG involved in trading with Vic, and bonus xp come in numerous in-game content, not just TH.

Reducing the randomness of game features is indeed what has been discussed in the MTX Weekly Live Stream. And yes, they talked about consolidating all the currency shops in the game and yes, the way they have been looking into is (or tentatively is) using the Oddments as the main game currency of this consolidated store.

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/dscpo1/tldw_461_monetisation_qa/

05-Dec-2019 15:14:11 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2019 15:31:07 by Dilbert2001

Ahura

Ahura

We really don't know how many people are exchanging bxp for credits and then purchasing rare tokens vs ppl getting them from opening chests. Even if most are obtained from Vic wouldn't that be a good thing for you because that ultimately makes Rare tokens less RNG based.

Anyway, if the randomness in MTX is being reduced doesn't necessarily mean Rare Token Store can't continue to exist in the game and can't receive a nice update that it deserves after not being touched for quite some time. It's still there and as long as it's there I would like to see an update to it. It really is that simple.

05-Dec-2019 19:24:39

Quick find code: 366-367-173-66125603 Back to Top