Forums

Azzanadra's Quest

Quick find code: 341-342-787-66204158

Dusk Lycan
Jul Member 2009

Dusk Lycan

Posts: 1,692 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please for the love of Zaros make Desert Treasure either a direct or suggested requirement for Monday's Quest. Newer players who aren't sure of the lore might get confused, especially those trying to do all the suggested quests beforehand.

Desert Treasure is an important part of Azzanadra's lore and gives him an introduction, albeit brief, that upon completing Desert Treasure after this quest would feel... awkward...
Wolf O'Donnell
, leader of
Star Wolf

Mercenary
for hire
Iron Wolfy
is my
Ironman

19-Feb-2021 16:39:31

Pekempy
May Member 2019

Pekempy

Posts: 176 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
100% support.

Jagex have a tonne of quests already that don't make sense due to not requiring earlier 'age' quests, I know we're in a new age, but being referred to as world guardian before doing World Wakes is ridiculous.

We don't need more confusion in the games lore. If anything it needs tidying up
Pekempy

19-Feb-2021 18:45:53

Jennatix

Jennatix

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd probably say Temple at Senntisten and Heart of Stone as suggested quests personally (they already are indirectly, but I mean, more pronounced), that gives them the chance to both meet Azzanadra in full, and learn about the threat of the Elder Gods. Also lets them get the Blank Observation (I think?).

Nothing substitutes just doing all of the 5th age quests and the previous 6th age quests, of course, but this would give them a good middle-way point between not understanding anything and at least being pretty familiar with the direct characters and the premise the quest is about. Temple at Senntisten is a pretty big ask, but since people already typically aim for that for curses anyway, and this does already require level 70 in a skill, it's not like it's for completely brand new players.

21-Feb-2021 18:22:41

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,043 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mighty said :
I agree. Desperate Measures, TWW, Heart of Stone, and either Desert Treasure or TtaS. At the bare minimum.

Even if you take stuff like The World Wakes and Sliske's Endgame for granted as having happened in the past and bla bla bla, you'd still definitely need The Temple at Senntisten (Azzanadra, Frostenhorn, don'chaknow), some Temple Knight quest (at least Wanted! or The Slug Menace if not going for the grandmasters), obviously Heart of Stone, obviously The Death of Chivalry, the Wandering Ga'al miniquest (hence, in particular, The Brink of Extinction; or at the very least The Elder Kiln), some kind of requirement to have played the Guthix Memorial, Desperate Measures of course and, even though it falls under the "in the past and bla bla bla" stuff, Fate of the Gods. I understand (but disagree with) the reluctance about adding grandmaster quests as requirements, but come one. Not even Wanted! or Desperate Measures or Heart of Stone? The skill requirements for Azzanadra's Quest are quite high (70!! Divination; that's a grandmaster level), yet the quest requirements are practically absent.
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

01-Mar-2021 10:03:43

Quick find code: 341-342-787-66204158 Back to Top