Forums

Theory: Of Gods and Corruption

Quick find code: 341-342-733-66048956

Gamez X
Sep Member 2014

Gamez X

Posts: 885 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lets say xau tak is just like zaros and seren and is another god created by mah, just from what we've seen and the wide scale influence he's had in many worlds (even creating many new races) i would xau tak seems objectively more powerful than zaros. So what if zaros went down into the chamber and felt the divine energy there, what would he feel? He'd feel 5 distinct elders and another presence thats very similar to mah and more powerful than himself, but still different to all the others. This is what i mean by he could mistake it for a 6th elder cus as far as he was concerned, he was the most powerful being below the elders but here's something else

The fact he says this one isnt of form and its known xau tak seemingly has no form (being a nightmare and all) seems to be a direct connection between the 2. That and how jermyn has myths about xau tak acting VERY similarly to an elder god creating races and shaping life at the start of time. But as i've just shown, there is also VERY good cause to draw connections between zaros/seren and xau tak, they are pretty much the same things. The only real way to explain these 2 statements as correct is to say xau tak is a being created by mah just like zaros, but is more powerful. Likely created first using far more energy than zaros/seren, and is so a much more primal/raw creation, albeit likely accidentally made. Yes WE know the definitions of T1 and T2 (still saying xau tak is T2 btw) but being more powerful than zaros, i'm saying he COULD have mistaken it as a "6th of something else", just by that line you can see even he wasnt sure if he should call it a true elder or not

Personally i feel this would be a WAY better story than "he's just another elder you didnt know about who just showed up", that would leave way too many questions and feel kinda cheap, not to mention leaving the zaros connections open as possible plot holes if they dont address why they're so similar

15-Oct-2018 03:24:42

Gamez X
Sep Member 2014

Gamez X

Posts: 885 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And as for that expanding shadow realm business, i'm still pondering about that but i think i'm getting some interesting ideas. The shadow realm doesnt seem to be there naturally and seems to be reaching out slowly, IE something seems to be creating it. Now we know the strongest part of this realm is at the bottom end of the universe (need to double check exactly where). What i found interesting about it, is its filled with nightmarish creatures even zaros fears to face. Still not sure about it but what if the shadow realm itself is actually the plane of mah's dream. Like as she slept her dreams (and nightmares) slowly started building this plane ontop of the worlds we know, slowly reaching out from freneskae upwards. Mah's element was supposedly shadow and light and she does seem to be the only thing zaros would fear

Again i've still got a few bits to work out with this idea and need to double check some things, but its a fair idea about how the shadow realm is slowly creeping upwards. As for how xau tak fits into it (espeically now mah's dead) needs some more thought too but i feel like we're getting somewhere

15-Oct-2018 03:34:12

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lancer XXI said :

Again, five of form and one of something else, aka not of form. That means that whatever it is, it probably isn't physical or tangible like the other five. It's fundamentally different. Possibly not even a person, but more of an abstract entity (like the expanding shadow-realm) .

Oooh this is interesting! I like this.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

15-Oct-2018 23:02:16

Quick find code: 341-342-733-66048956 Back to Top