Forums

Inquiry about the Shadow Realm

Quick find code: 341-342-702-66220236

777havoc

777havoc

Posts: 1,031 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've read that "The shadow realm may be a place, but it is not a part of any plane or world. It stretches from the very pit of this universe, below even the lowest planes, and reaches all the way to the highest, to Gielinor itself." and when the Elder Gods start their grand Revision, the previous perfect world is seen as the lowest realm (as Freneskae is now) and each new world they make is on a "higher" plane than the last.

With this is mind, is the Grand Revision necessary to keep creating new worlds outside the Shadow Realm's reach? It seems this way to me as even the Elder Gods fear it.

26-Jun-2021 03:28:09

777havoc

777havoc

There is this bit of information as well
"What none can see whose lives do not span the breadth of eons as ours do, is that the shadow realm is spreading. When first we were subjugated by the stone, the shadow barely reached the lower planes. With each millennium that passes, the planes gradually fill with shadow, until it spills out across the universe covering more and more worlds. Having reached even Gielinor, I do not know what if anything can stop it from filling the universe entirely."

26-Jun-2021 03:33:16

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,060 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Great Revision is a restructuring of the universe - the Elder Gods destroy all the worlds they've made while making new ones, throwing what they deem as trash into the Abyss. Over the aeons, that's piled up to quite a lot. The Dragonkin survived by hiding in what is, essentially, their trashbin.

They aren't moving someplace new each time, they're constantly remaking the universe. In other words, they move "up and down", not constantly "up. Picture the same house, being constantly redecorated, rather than a new house being built each time. That is what the word "Revision" means, after all: to restructure, reorganise, look over again and correct.
----

The Shadow Breaches are likely something recent, and they exist on the extreme ends of the universe - both near Frenesake and Gielinor. They simply managed to close the hole on Gielinor with the Codex.
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

04-Jul-2021 22:39:01

777havoc

777havoc

That's not my understanding from what I've read.
"The shadow realm may be a place, but it is not a part of any plane or world. It stretches from the very pit of this universe, below even the lowest planes, and reaches all the way to the highest, to Gielinor itself. Along the way its tendrils reach out and touch many worlds, wrap around them, and those worlds too are said to have 'shadow realms'

"What none can see whose lives do not span the breadth of eons as ours do, is that the shadow realm is spreading. When first we were subjugated by the stone, the shadow barely reached the lower planes. With each millennium that passes, the planes gradually fill with shadow, until it spills out across the universe covering more and more worlds. Having reached even Gielinor, I do not know what if anything can stop it from filling the universe entirely."

As Noted by the Dragonkin, the Shadow Realm is expanding thus I still believe what I've said to be valid. If the Shadow realm is expanding, the elder gods can't expect to make their planets in the same exact location each time since Shadow Anima from the Shadow Realm is poison to them

As for "They simply managed to close the hole on Gielinor with the Codex."
You are thinking about teleportion to the Shadow Realm as if it was any other location such as Zanaris.

From my current understanding, the Shadow Realm is an expanding overlay akin to what many real life cultures see the spirit world as. There aren't just breaches forming, it is actually growing and occupying the same space parallel to the game's universe.

We also have evidence that the elder gods make their worlds on higher and higher planes because, Freneskae, their previous perfect world, is the lowest positioned of them all while their current perfect world, Gielinor, is the highest positioned.

With that said, it should be obvious that the Shadow Realm is growing, the Dragonkin even confirm it

13-Jul-2021 05:39:51

Quick find code: 341-342-702-66220236 Back to Top