Forums

More Monster Hunter Quests

Quick find code: 341-342-699-65945403

Sir Caz11
Mar Member 2014

Sir Caz11

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One of my all-time favorite RuneScape quests is Vampyre Slayer. I love horror-themed anything, so naturally I was partial to it, but I wish there were more quests like that one.

I loved the lore and the mystery surrounding Count Draynor and his manor. I loved prepping to go slay the vampire and how well it tied in with classic vampire lore and literature. I would love to see more quests in a similar vein, especially with Halloween approaching. It was a great quest because it wasn't super tedious or complicated, and yet you felt like you were really embarking on a big adventure at the same time. The scale and scope of the quest still felt grand even though there wasn't a lot involved.

Anyway, just thought I'd share these thoughts! Can't wait for Halloween to come to RuneScape!

30-Aug-2017 18:38:21

Zajarak
Oct Member 2015

Zajarak

Posts: 157 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think this would be fun too, vampire slayer was one of my first quests and very memorable.
I think in terms of adventuring we've kind of got a bit too big for our boots in terms of saving the world and all that. This is all well and good but I think we've lost sight of the smaller adventurer problems plaguing the common folk. I mean who's saving people from the nasty beasties and creepy crawlies preying on people while we have been off chatting to gods and Mahjarrat and the like.
I think a good investigator style monster hunter quest would be a good return to our adventurer roots as it were.
Pudding is my destiny!!!

30-Aug-2017 21:46:48

A Mighty

A Mighty

Posts: 2,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How about just more quests in general???

But Monster Hunter quests are cool, and would be a nice idea for a standalone quest in the middle of the main storylines :)
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

30-Aug-2017 23:30:26

Sir Caz11
Mar Member 2014

Sir Caz11

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mighty said :
How about just more quests in general???

But Monster Hunter quests are cool, and would be a nice idea for a standalone quest in the middle of the main storylines :)

Totally! I'm mostly do quests, I've had my account for about 12 years and in that time I've done more than half of the game's quests. I'm not a crazy fan of skilling most skills, but I find quests mostly to be engaging and entertaining. Sometimes they're tedious and frustrating but I like that they're goal-oriented and it isn't just grinding for hours.

I would love some more quests just in general, but also fewer quests tied to these big epic grand storylines, and more standalone experiences that are epic one-off experiences.

31-Aug-2017 00:56:04

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But what other big specialty monster would it be? We've got a demon, a vampire, and a dragon with each requiring specific preparations to fight.

What other iconic monsters would we slay? An ogre? Troll? Maybe a hydra?

31-Aug-2017 17:43:43

Gwyndolynn

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 1,317 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zajarak said :
I think this would be fun too, vampire slayer was one of my first quests and very memorable.
I think in terms of adventuring we've kind of got a bit too big for our boots in terms of saving the world and all that. This is all well and good but I think we've lost sight of the smaller adventurer problems plaguing the common folk. I mean who's saving people from the nasty beasties and creepy crawlies preying on people while we have been off chatting to gods and Mahjarrat and the like.
I think a good investigator style monster hunter quest would be a good return to our adventurer roots as it were.

This. Exactly this.
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3
Wilderness Autopsy V1

01-Sep-2017 02:01:23

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
But what other big specialty monster would it be? We've got a demon, a vampire, and a dragon with each requiring specific preparations to fight.

What other iconic monsters would we slay? An ogre? Troll? Maybe a hydra?
Ghost.
We.. probably couldn't call the quest Ghost Hunter, might be some copyright there...

but that's the one big thing we've never actually HUNTED. In Broken Home we played what was ultimately a glorified game of cat and mouse. In Restless Ghost we helped the spirit of a dead priest find peace. In the Curse of Zaros, we ran around and talked to a bunch of ghosts related to the downfall of Zaros and rise of Zamorak.
We've never actually hunted one before. So that's something we could throw out there.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

01-Sep-2017 15:09:54

Quick find code: 341-342-699-65945403 Back to Top