Forums

Guthix is Alive!

Quick find code: 341-342-621-66210066

8InchDagger
Jan Member 2005

8InchDagger

Posts: 729 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
G'day,

I suggest Guthix is alive & living in a tree, the Tree of Balance.

I further suggest that the symbol on the Druidic Stone indicates that there are 3, and only 3, gods watching over the world. Perhaps the coming war will simplify the lore back to the original 3 gods?

0.....I.....1.....I.....2.....I.....3.....I.....4.....I.....5.....I.....6.....I.....7.....I.....8

01-Apr-2021 03:02:38

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,168 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know how you see 3 symbols on the Druidic Stone and how are there only 3 gods, but I can tell none of the known god symbols are on that stone.

BTW, the revealed in a Lore Livestream it can only be more complicated with bigger and bigger threats coming after the Elder God War, so perhaps even more news gods will show their faces. :D

01-Apr-2021 04:16:56

8InchDagger
Jan Member 2005

8InchDagger

Posts: 729 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I saw 3 circles linked to & above 1 large circle.

Also, my guru ate my ice-cream but I am sure I saw green mint flakes in the chocolatey ice-cream; a sure sign that the green god will emerge from the darkness.

0.....I.....1.....I.....2.....I.....3.....I.....4.....I.....5.....I.....6.....I.....7.....I.....8

01-Apr-2021 05:48:32

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

8InchDagger said :
I saw 3 circles linked to & above 1 large circle.

Also, my guru ate my ice-cream but I am sure I saw green mint flakes in the chocolatey ice-cream; a sure sign that the green god will emerge from the darkness.

3 circles linked to above 1 large circle? If the 3 circles were the 3 small gods, wouldn't the large circle be the 4th and bigger god? :D

Sorry, Jagex's words on Guthix and the Easter Festival from the lastest Q&A:

"We're very happy with how the Druidic Festival has been received.

No intentions to resurrect Guthix."

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/mhhzle/tldw_516_leads_qa/

01-Apr-2021 19:34:59

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ You got April Fooled. That post is a prank; the stream VOD link is a Rick Roll and the last part of the post alludes to it being satire. Well disguised satire, but satire none the less.

That being said, I have my doubts that they'll resurrect Guthix; it's well-documented at this time that gods don't have afterlives and their consciousness is more or less destroyed upon their death, so unless it turns out that we've been misled (or, I suppose, if it gets retconned), Guthix is presumably gone forever.

But my inner conspiracy theorist wonders if this might be the druids' attempt to resurrect Guthix. Even if it's destined to fail, looking closer at this event does make one think; the Guthixian butterflies are seemingly created from Guthix's divine energy, so gathering several million of them in one place, combined with a large amount of concentrated worship, using a tree that vaguely resembles him, and knowing that Guthix ascended to godhood from direct exposure to large amounts of divine energy (from killing Skargaroth), and that Seren, the goddess who was closest to Guthix before his death, was the one who came up with the idea for this festival... well, if you look at it a certain way, it almost looks like someone is trying to create a scenario that could possibly lead to the ascension of a new god that looks and acts a lot like Guthix. Perhaps even a desperate attempt to recover some of his knowledge on the Elder Gods to aid us in the coming War?

Am I overthinking this? Almost certainly. But it's fun to speculate.

01-Apr-2021 21:47:25 - Last edited on 01-Apr-2021 21:51:43 by Vengeance of

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

I am not sure about the "gods don't have afterlife" part as it can also be that no god have returned from death and hence nobody knows what happened to them after they died.

What we do know is gods do have memories like all the mortals and memories remain even after they died. Now think what if we can find and gather all the dead gods' memories and combine them? It still doesn't mean the dead god is resurrected though, but as long as we can gather all the memories, there will be an artificial intelligent way to create the gods' future visions hence Guthix can still think and give us his knowledge and guidance for the future. :)

02-Apr-2021 00:00:24

A Mighty

A Mighty

Posts: 2,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guthix may be dead, but he still has a remarkable amount of influence over Gielinor. I definitely think this tree was formed out of some of his energy. As Dilbert said, there are his various memories, also formed from his energy/anima. And, perhaps most important of all, there is us , infused with some divine Guthixian energy to become the World Guardian. So I suppose one could say Guthix is "alive" through all these forms...
To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.

05-Apr-2021 06:53:04

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Vengeance of said :
^ You got April Fooled. That post is a prank; the stream VOD link is a Rick Roll and the last part of the post alludes to it being satire. Well disguised satire, but satire none the less.

With today's update including the Once Upon A Time: Flashback quest as revealed in the "prank", we probably can't rule out the "prank" may not really be a prank at all. ;)

Oh yes, the Redditor might have made a prank with the video link, but Jagex's own reveal is definitely not a prank although the timing made it look like one:

https://twitter.com/RuneScape/status/1376942453874425858

That said, we probably should believe Jagex has no intention to make Guthix live again and it is not an April Fool prank, unfortunately. :(

06-Apr-2021 15:09:36

Quick find code: 341-342-621-66210066 Back to Top