Forums

Xau-Tak:Extradimensional Squid

Quick find code: 341-342-614-65903854

Swolllliosis

Swolllliosis

Posts: 161 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After watching movie like Doctor Strange and Lucy , I've been thinking about the possibility of there existing beings from other dimensions, alternative realities where basic concepts like physics, time, and simple logic do not exist like in our reality.

Then I began to think about Xau-Tak. What if Xau-Tak is some kind of extra-dimensional being?

Points to support this idea:

Jagex has said that looking at xau-Tak turns your brain into mush.

Why? Maybe because Xau-Tak is beyond our reality's fundamental principles and looking at him gives your brain a giant aneurysm. If you read the examine of Jas's Echo, it says "This dark humanoid shape is your mind's attempt to make sense of the awesome manifestation of an Elder God." What if looking at Xau-Tak does something similar to Jas's echo? It's looking into something your mind simply cannot comprehend so it goes derp.

Also, Star Sprites are said to be cross-dimensional travelers and that they take on a new form when they enter a new dimension to adapt to its laws. Maybe Xau-Tak is something similar?

Jagex said Xau-Tak's tier is the square root of -1.

Now, some of you may think Jagex was joking around, but let us look at this closely. What does square root of -1 really mean? Using a calculator, it gives us something that doesn't really exist: an imaginary number or illogical number. An imaginary number could mean Xau-Tak cannot be defined by our basic concepts of numbers because, as I said, Xau-Tak is not of this dimensions and cannot be tied down by our reality's fundamental principles.

Xau-tak has no gender

Mod Wilson has said that Xau-Tak is an "it"—as in Xau-Tak has no gender. Why? Gender is an abstract concept wherever reality it is from! Xau-Tak is probably not made out of cells and organic molecules like we are. It is something else.
Owner of the first 6th age church of Tumeken
| Twitter: @RSTemekel

22-Apr-2017 05:25:54 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2017 01:55:08 by Swolllliosis

Swolllliosis

Swolllliosis

Xau-Tak does not obey the laws of time.

In Kindred Spirits, Xau-Tak somehow managed to saw us through time. How you may wonder? Same theory! It does not obey time because it does not exist its dimension like time doesn't exist in the Abyss!

The Ambassador concept art:

The Ambassador,an upcoming boss and the emissary of Xau-Tak has an interdimensional portal on its chest! Take a look!

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/runescape2/images/0/0c/The_Ambassador_concept_art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160917162605

Possible connections with the 6th elder god?

Just headcanon: The 6th elder god might have something to do with Xau-tak, it being "something else."

You may now post.

22-Apr-2017 05:26:53 - Last edited on 22-Apr-2017 05:27:45 by Swolllliosis

The contents of this message have been hidden.

22-Apr-2017 06:35:20

SurviveDeath

SurviveDeath

Posts: 40 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is interesting and made me think if it has any relation to Superstring Theory. Basically the Superstring Theory suggests that there are at least 10 dimensions in our universe. The first three dimensions are the x, y and z axes which allows us to perceive objects with length, height and depth. The fourth dimension is time where it is the same object that we are perceiving at that moment in time.

This is where it begins to get a little trippy. The fifth dimension is the possible worlds with same start conditions that can exist. The sixth dimension is the plane containing all the possible worlds with the same start conditions. The seventh dimension is the plane with all possible worlds with different start conditions. This would eventually lead to the tenth dimension where everything is possible and imaginable exists.

Xau-Tak could be a multi-dimensional being which means that Xau-Tak is beyond the four dimensions that we are accustomed with. If you were to have a purely 2D world and you try to stick a 3D object into it slowly, the 3D object will appear to change in that 2D space. Imagine sticking your hand into a 2D world, your fingertips would first be seen as a line and then slowly the entire length of your palm which would seem as a longer line. The hand which is a single object would seem like different shapes. Now if Xau-Tak is beyond the four dimensions, our brain can only comprehend parts and thus Xau-Tak would only appear as a humanoid shape.

22-Apr-2017 19:05:26

Marine Doge

Marine Doge

Posts: 1,213 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I, uh, hate to tear down any theories, but it seems to be implied the Xau-Tak is something from Renmark. The Elder Sword Echo in the Memorial to Guthix tells us that Guthix found some form of corruption at the center of Renmark, and he tried to remove the 'parasite', shattering the world in the process. He said something along the lines of its tendrils of corruptions were spreading through the cosmos, and its connecting itself to the threads of mortality - similar to some stuff V said.
I could be wrong, obviously, but that seems to be what Jagex was going for, I think.
Mods pls notice me

23-Apr-2017 01:01:07

Wahisietel
Oct Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Marine Doge said :
I, uh, hate to tear down any theories, but it seems to be implied the Xau-Tak is something from Renmark. The Elder Sword Echo in the Memorial to Guthix tells us that Guthix found some form of corruption at the center of Renmark, and he tried to remove the 'parasite', shattering the world in the process. He said something along the lines of its tendrils of corruptions were spreading through the cosmos, and its connecting itself to the threads of mortality - similar to some stuff V said.
I could be wrong, obviously, but that seems to be what Jagex was going for, I think.

We don't know that it was from Renmark originally, just that it was there at some point.
You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

23-Apr-2017 01:10:29

Rensler
Mar Member 2020

Rensler

Posts: 668 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is very interesting. But it brings the question we were face to face with Jas and we were able comprehend and understand we were in front of an ELDER GOD, THE ELDER GOD and we were fundamental able to comprehend and visualize what was in front of us.

How could Xau-Tak be something like that if an Elder God itself wasn't?
Supporter of
Saradomin
Armadyl
Tumeken
V

23-Apr-2017 01:36:50

Swolllliosis

Swolllliosis

Rensler said :
This is very interesting. But it brings the question we were face to face with Jas and we were able comprehend and understand we were in front of an ELDER GOD, THE ELDER GOD and we were fundamental able to comprehend and visualize what was in front of us.

The Elder Gods are the makers of this reality (this universe.) We don't know if the Elders have made any other dimensions in the multiverse. The only species we have encountered in-game that have said they are from a different universe are Star sprites.

23-Apr-2017 01:59:15

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rensler said :

The difference is that whoever wrote that scene in Sliske's Endgame was a less competent storyteller than Mod Wilson.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

23-Apr-2017 02:01:43 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2017 02:02:09 by Raleirosen

Quick find code: 341-342-614-65903854 Back to Top