Forums

6th age: a Jagex analogy?

Quick find code: 341-342-573-65885897

Kalas
Jan Member 2015

Kalas

Posts: 555 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've had this theory in mind for a few weeks now and I'd like to know what others think about it. Watch out, this contains spoilers from Sliske's Endgame, read at your own risk! :P

So from The World Wake quest, we witness Guthix's death. While Guthix had not created Gielinor, he was the one who shaped and protected it from potential danger.

Who in Jagex has also shaped RuneScape at the beginning? That's right. While he used some existing technology, he shaped it into the game it developed to be. And, he's also gone from Jagex HQ.

This contains spoilers from Sliske's Endgame:
Another element that came to my attention was the destruction of the Stone of Jas in Sliske's Endgame. Dragonkins were enslaved to the stone. Cursed. In the end, they managed to destroy it using the mirror and presumably break free of the curse.

Take this into perspective; what is also about to be destroyed? The Java client. Also take into account that JAS also stands for Java Application Server. And... it's going away. The dragonkins, or maybe, Jmods, are freed from the limitations of the Java client and can move on more freely with NXT, a mirror of Java, but more powerful.

Anyway, that was just a thought. What do you guys think? Do you agree, disagree? Could this storyline be an analogy? Let me know :)
Kalas <3

27-Feb-2017 01:04:11

HeroicSnorro

HeroicSnorro

Posts: 2,081 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's definitely possible, and the analogy seems to hold up. However, I doubt that Jagex made major changes to the story in order to facilitate this coincidence. Story-wise we had to get rid of the SoJ anyway, as it was stopping the story from continuing in a meaningful manner (in my opinion).

But, all things considered, nice find :)

-=HeroicSnorro=-
Sometimes, less is more.

27-Feb-2017 05:04:09

Quick find code: 341-342-573-65885897 Back to Top