Forums

VIP August Q&A Lore Q&A

Quick find code: 341-342-516-65844367

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Posted on19th of October

Will we get to give Robert the Strong his necklace and his "note to himself" back any time soon? Robert the Strong has always been one of my favourite characters ingame, and I really want to see more of him.

Mod Osborne: It's important that we finish the Sliske storyline and Elder God storyline before we move onto the dragonkin, and that's where I really see Robert the Strong coming back into the story. That said, if an awesome Teragard quest were to come along - well, we might do even more with Robert the Strong.

I would also really love to see a sequel to One of a Kind/Hero's Welcome or just more Dragonkin-related content in general. Any plans for this?

Mod Osborne: As mentioned above, you're looking until after the Elder Gods for core dragonkin storyline. That doesn't limit the dragonkin from appearing in other questlines, though.

there's still that weird portal in the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon that hasn't been used as of yet. Can you reveal more about its function, or will there be (near-)future content that deals with this?

Mod Osborne: We created a very loose storyline for how the slayer dungeon works and came to be, but I am not sure if it warrants a full quest. Perhaps with Menaphos!

If Telos escaped the GWD2 and threatened the living beings of Gielinor, would Vorago rise to stop him?

Mod Osborne: Telos and Vorago have common antecedents and motives, so I would think not. But I also don't think Telos would go on a merry killing spree.

What more can you tell us about Khazard's father, if anything at all? When will his identity be revealed...? And the story behind it??

Mod Osborne: The mahjarrat are featuring pretty prominently this year. Let's wait a bit before I answer that question.

Cont..
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

22-Oct-2016 08:36:46 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2016 08:39:24 by Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

According to RuneScape Top Trumps cards the dragonkin are around 18,000 years old. Since dragonkin can't apparently reproduce, and they originate from previous cycle, is the current universe cycle less than 18,000 years old?

Mod Osborne: Let's just say a 'very long time ago' for the moment!

What quest series do you think Queen of Ashes would fit best in for introduction?

Mod Osborne: Godless. Or perhaps a follow up to Mighty Fall. That would be where I would go.

On a scale from 1 to Guthix, how dead is V? Why was he killed so abruptly, why didn't you give him a chance to expand on his character compared to other gods?

Mod Osborne: Guthix. V was intended to be a plot catalyst, driving the dragonkin into new directions. The problem became that he was written well and looked great, so it became a problem when he died!

Any plans on any werewolf quests/lore updates?? I'd love to know their history and what their deal is!!

Mod Osborne: The 6th Age gives us lots of opportunities for different-flavoured Morytania quests. Nothing yet, though.

Who's the bigger long-term threat to Gielinor: Sliske or the Elder Gods?

Mod Osborne: Sliske's the more pertinent threat, but Elder Gods are the more indefatigable

Will the World Guardian get more chances, either in Quests or future World Events, to kill/defeat a god or god-level character, and thus advance in rank in Sliske's game?

Mod Osborne: There should be more choices in the next two quests this year

Is there something like a pope in Saradominism? Or does Saradomin himself oversee the Church?

Mod Osborne: Saradomin acts as a pope would. And he's very micro-managey.

22-Oct-2016 08:38:07

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

How did Jas hardboil her egg? Like what does that process look like? Intense concentration, energising the egg until it glows and the other 4 corporeal ones can touch it?

Mod Osborne: Straining really, really hard.
The Elder Gods' power is all about progress and developing. It's how they create worlds. I imagine Jas would have used that power to stop all forms of progress on the egg, effectively putting it into stasis.

How high is the Player on the Dragonkin hitlist, or have they been enough assistance that their meddling is overlooked?

Mod Osborne: The player seems to be very low down the dragonkin list.

Do y'all have all the Artifacts mapped out, their powers, their owners, and when they'll be introduced?

Mod Osborne: No. A space or two has been left for future content, should the plot demand it.

What would happen in Zaros or Seren actually died-died? Do they have the ability to have an afterlife because they were born divine or will they also explode into energy? Or something more?

Mod Osborne: If Zaros or Seren died-died, then we'd all be lynched and Jagex Towers would become stormed like the Winter Palace. Regardless, gods have no afterlife and Zaros and Seren (Zeren) would be no different. And they would likely explode in some way - violently.

If someone were to use the power of the Catalyst to shrink the Catalyst to bite-size and then eat it... Would they be virtually unstoppable?

Mod Osborne: I like your thinking! An Elder Gobstopper that grants unlimited power. I would suspect that elder artefacts have some kind of failsafe to stop that sort of malarkey, but I am sure Saradomin would try it anyway

22-Oct-2016 08:38:37

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Could you tell us a little bit about the process behind the decision to kill Guthix and, therefore, usher in the sixth age? What kind of discussion took place?? As whose idea did it originate?? How long had it been planned??

Mod Osborne: Mod Mark wanted a significant story to come out with RuneScape 3, to go with the UI and graphical changes. I was given that task (I am largely to blame, I am afraid). We had initially talked about bringing Zaros back, as we felt that nothing could be be big, but the Edicts were scuppering that idea. The Edicts then triggered a thought - what if we brought Guthix back and then killed him? Mod Mark was initially against the idea, for the same reasons that players hate the Death of V: why bring someone prominent back and then just kill him? I managed to convince him, largely thanks to Obi Wan Kenobi: there are parallels in terms of how much he dominates people's thoughts, regardless of being present for very little of the film, all thanks to the noble sacrifice and the legacy that he leaves behind. Mod Ana then completely blew us away with her execution of it. This was all decided in a very short space of time: only a few days, as Mark was a big fan by the end.

22-Oct-2016 08:41:05

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

How is it that Vindicta and Helwyr plan to use the power of the Heart for their respective goals? Would they merely hope their god absorbs it and is powerful enough to agree to use it for their intended purpose?

Mod Ollie: Both know that in the context of the god wars it's extremely important to deny the opposing forces such a powerful resource. In the case of Vindicta, she may not know how to wield such magical power so it is likely she would want Zaros to use it to cure her race. Helwyr, on the other hand, already wields powerful elven magic. This might mean he already knows a way of using it to cure the Cywir elves of their addiction, but doing so may also mean defying Seren's orders. In either case, it isn't possible to predict what an individual might due with access to such overwhelming power, so there could be unforeseen consequences.

Zamorak says he is "deeply remorseful" about what happened to the Chaos Dwarves. What was his intent with the power he gave them, if it all went according to plan? Was it simply an offer of power to those willing to fight for his cause, or something else?

Mod Ollie: "in return for their unwavering devotion I gave them power beyond any they had known before" - He didn't just give them power, he also forced them into servitude. I expect that his intentions were simply to create a powerful force that would be loyal to his cause, but by cursing them he caused them to eventually become corrupted, mindless beings which was clearly not a consequence he originally intended.

22-Oct-2016 08:41:24

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

What is the Queen of Ashes name? Will she appear at all in 2016/2017?

Mod Wilson: The Queen of Ashes is the Queen of Ashes. She took that name after ascending to glory, and her followers agree that it suits her radiant power. Her enemies disagree only briefly. As for when she will arrive, it all depends on when she finishes rooting out the heretics and insurgents on her current world. Then she will find another to add to her empire. Enlightenment is coming.

Can Xau-Tak live up to his hype?

Mod Wilson: What makes you think Xau-Tak needs to live up to anything, let alone mortal expectations? When a crab crawls across the silt-strewn flagstones of Atyl-Atys, do you think the antediluvian Horrors of that city care what it thinks about the architecture? As Horrors ignore the whims and foibles of crabs, so to does Xau-Tak sprawl unmoved by your petty concerns. It barely even registers your pitiable delusion that you can save them. Do you really think you can save them? You can't. There is a scream so loud you think of it as silence. And this is Xau-Tak.

Exactly what were the Dragonkin like before being forced into the SoJ's guardianship? Kerapac implies there were philosophers and craftsman among them, giving off a bit of a nobility vibe. But were they still violent and aggressive? A warrior-race? Or is this all due in its entirety to the circumstances of being bound to the Stone?

Mod Osborne: I can't help but imagine them like greek scholars, twisted by the agonies of the stone into what they are now. Don't ask me why. I think it's the tragic fall from grace that I love.

22-Oct-2016 08:41:39

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

On a side note, as Cherry Blossoms (Cherry Trees) are in the Uncharted Isles, does that provide an link between the eastern lands and Meeting Histroy(? The one you save the plants in) Since none are seen on the mainland today.

I know pear was one but there were others! Time to check.

Edit: Pear Plum Lemon Avocado Mango and...Quince(?). So nope not from there. Oh well.

22-Oct-2016 13:05:40 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2016 13:09:04 by Solanumtinkr

Gylkra

Gylkra

Posts: 1,792 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solanumtinkr said :
I would also really love to see a sequel to One of a Kind/Hero's Welcome or just more Dragonkin-related content in general. Any plans for this?

Mod Osborne: As mentioned above, you're looking until after the Elder Gods for core dragonkin storyline. That doesn't limit the dragonkin from appearing in other questlines, though.

Looks like I'm gonna have quite a while to wait for any serious Ilujanka lore, unless Ilujanka end up with their own questline splitting off from One of a Kind, but considering one of the choices involving Kerapac in that quest I feel they'll just be part of Dragonkin questline now.
I'm Gylkra, hunting monsters for fame and glory is my way.

Alt - Ferna Bapt
Ironman - Argent Bapt
Gylkra VS Vindicta -
Current KC: 8,370
-
48 Crests, 30 Lances

22-Oct-2016 16:22:55

Kemtros
Aug Member 2022

Kemtros

Posts: 5,407 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm happy that Robert the Strong will do more in the Dragonkin storyline, but I'm not thrilled about the idea that the story will come after the Elder Gods. I know they realized that focusing solely on Sliske's Endgame worked better for them than trying to juggle all three pillars at once, but I'd rather they try to balance both the Elder Gods and Dragonkin. At the very least, I could see a quest about Jas being the perfect place to integrate the Dragonkin into the Elder God pillar.

Interesting to hear that Osborne would introduce the Queen of Ashes in a Godless quest or a followup to The Mighty Fall. I think I'd much prefer the latter, since the notion that the Bandosians would follow her has interested me. A Godless quest would be a good place for following up on Hero's Welcome and how V knew her.

Glad to see that we'll be able to score more points in Children of Mah and possibly Sliske's Endgame itself. Nomad's Elegy only gave us one point, and Kindred Spirits gave us nothing, so I'd like to advance a little more.

22-Oct-2016 16:30:17 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2016 16:32:30 by Kemtros

Quick find code: 341-342-516-65844367 Back to Top