Forums

VIP August Q&A Lore Q&A

Quick find code: 341-342-516-65844367

AttilaSquare

AttilaSquare

Posts: 1,792 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solanumtinkr said :
Mod Wilson: What makes you think Xau-Tak needs to live up to anything, let alone mortal expectations? When a crab crawls across the silt-strewn flagstones of Atyl-Atys, do you think the antediluvian Horrors of that city care what it thinks about the architecture? As Horrors ignore the whims and foibles of crabs, so to does Xau-Tak sprawl unmoved by your petty concerns. It barely even registers your pitiable delusion that you can save them. Do you really think you can save them? You can't. There is a scream so loud you think of it as silence. And this is Xau-Tak.
Is it just me or did we learn a lot of lore here?

There is or was a city named Atyl-Atys; it has or had remarkable architecture.
This suggests that it was a city of Horrors, and is still inhabited by them, who predate a great flood - the sinking of the city perhaps?
We are expected to seek to save some specific victims from Xau-Tak - are these the horrors? Perhaps this means that he does not seek the utter destruction of everything but has a more interesting plan.

So we have a name for the underwater city, and insight into the horrors. They once had a civilization advanced enough for a city. They are perhaps very old. There is likely an aquatic version to go along with their jungle- and cave-dwelling cousins.

22-Oct-2016 17:39:46

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Posts: 12,465 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting bit on the church; I had gotten the impression from certain things that the High Priest of Entrana was the Saradominist version of the pope. (Though he is a humbly dressed monk, unlike the real world Pope)
The Asgarnian ale must flow.

22-Oct-2016 20:50:14

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Interesting bit on the church; I had gotten the impression from certain things that the High Priest of Entrana was the Saradominist version of the pope. (Though he is a humbly dressed monk, unlike the real world Pope)

22-Oct-2016 20:50:15

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anyone else notice how the Queen of Ashes powers were described? Rather than the focus on flame, she appears to have a more 'scouring light' power set.

This caught my eye as we only have had 2 gods exhibit similar characteristics. Namely, Seren and Tumeken. It is entirely possible that Queeny is of a brand new race and has nothing to do with characters we don't already know, but that's not as much fun.

Considering we were already introduced to Seren's family, let's pursue the Tumeken angle. For the most part, we know quite a bit about his family and most are set up to appear in the Desert quest line. Except for his species and his wife, that is.

And while it may be interesting to learn more about Tumeken's species, we already know Jagex wants to do more with Elidinis's character than just have her be Tumeken's wife. Knowing that, I postulate that the Queen of Ashes is none other than Elidinis.

23-Oct-2016 02:12:51

iXavior

iXavior

Posts: 390 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Anyone else notice how the Queen of Ashes powers were described? Rather than the focus on flame, she appears to have a more 'scouring light' power set.

This caught my eye as we only have had 2 gods exhibit similar characteristics. Namely, Seren and Tumeken. It is entirely possible that Queeny is of a brand new race and has nothing to do with characters we don't already know, but that's not as much fun.

Considering we were already introduced to Seren's family, let's pursue the Tumeken angle. For the most part, we know quite a bit about his family and most are set up to appear in the Desert quest line. Except for his species and his wife, that is.

And while it may be interesting to learn more about Tumeken's species, we already know Jagex wants to do more with Elidinis's character than just have her be Tumeken's wife. Knowing that, I postulate that the Queen of Ashes is none other than Elidinis.

Don't forget about Saradomin. Saradomin is also strongly associated with light, too, as seen in the holy "Book of Light" Tomlin keeps around, the examine text of the holy symbol, and the fact that one of his nickname is the Lord of Light. XD
I worship Mah, for she is mah homegirl! The correct adjective for Mah's followers are: Mahomies, Mah-homeboys, or Mah-homegirls.

23-Oct-2016 02:54:13

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

iXavior said :
Hguoh said :

Don't forget about Saradomin. Saradomin is also strongly associated with light, too, as seen in the holy "Book of Light" Tomlin keeps around, the examine text of the holy symbol, and the fact that one of his nickname is the Lord of Light. XD

A lot of this comes from the Christianity parallels (the Christian God is referred to as the Lord of Light as well - It's splendid how they sometimes use some fantastically subtle references to Christianity, like the winged lion).

However, I had a theory that for the Icyene, he is *literally* a light source. In the Book of the Gods we saw him "shining like a second sun", after all.

23-Oct-2016 04:31:03

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
iXavior said :
Hguoh said :

Saradomin may be associated with light, but his powers don't appear to actually be light based. On the other hand, Tumeken was the god of the sun and basically went thermonuclear and Seren is literally made of light magic and threatens to show Sliske just how much light can burn.

23-Oct-2016 06:34:51

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People ruling out Auspah already? The Twice Burnt lore story goes into pretty good detail over how radiant they can be with fire, and we've already seen how dangerous they can be when angry. So much so we the World Guardian plot device had to run away.

As for Xau-Tak we learned quite a lot, well by Wilson standards anyway, I just hope that one of the final 2 expansions will be Atlantis .
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

23-Oct-2016 12:17:32

Quick find code: 341-342-516-65844367 Back to Top