Forums

Praise be to Saradomin!

Quick find code: 341-342-467-66205236

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cthris said :
Are the white knights more loyal to the crown or to Saradomin. If the king was to make an order that contradicted Saradomin, who would listen?

Easy answer: they'd listen to Saradomin.

The world guardian went through an entire loop regarding the bureaucratic logic knot that kept them from summoning Saradomin precisely because they were far more keen on following perceived commands or impressing him than working to prevent the elder gods' hatching.

I mean, it's this precise aspect of their character that let Velinius do most of what he did by just claiming direct conversation with Saradomin.

10-Mar-2021 04:40:31

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :

Easy answer: they'd listen to Saradomin.

You're right, although I was being rhetorical. Nevertheless, you've illustrated just how weird Faladorian politics are. With Vallance gone, it seems there is no distinction between the white knights and the government. Where are all the other parts of the government--like were the white knights setting grain laws and other non-military policy from the get-go or were all the other governmental officials replaced by the white knights? Or is the Asgarnian government just a military force in a top hat, where the person in charge is simply the one with the most soldiers? Is there a justice system independent of military tribunal? At the moment, the Faladorian government looks identical to the government you would expect from a recently established military coup, but also we've got no evidence that it was ever not like that lol.

I think a better question, one that isn't rhetorical, is would the non-denominational military-esque organizations of Falador/Asgarnia (like the organization of guards and Burthropian soldiers) follow the king or Saradomin? Again, if Saradomin said x and the monarchy said y--who would listen? If there are royal judges and policymakers, beyond the white knights, would they listen to the king?

I feel like exploring the rifts between already established political systems of the 5th age and the returning Gods seeking to reclaim their lost kingdoms would be a very cool area to explore, but I doubt Jagex will commit to it. It just really isn't their normal style. It isn't flashy enough and is too much of a slow burn to resolve in a quest or two. I doubt Jagex wants their most popular characters to be enthralled in political turmoil with their own kingdoms for the next 5-6 quests lol.

10-Mar-2021 07:10:08

Quick find code: 341-342-467-66205236 Back to Top