Forums

The near extinct? titan race

Quick find code: 341-342-465-66212634

JudgeChicken

JudgeChicken

Posts: 1,411 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ever notice how some npc's specifically War, the Black Knight Titan or Bossy Mc. Bossface are the only few known intelligent Titans that inhabit Gielinor? Do you suppose they came from the same home-world the humans resided in, in the distant past in lore?

I would imagine they were a higher caste of human sub-species with demi-god like powers, similar to the demon's caste system of Infernus.

Edit: Can this be moved to Lore Discussion? I made a mistake.
PRAISE THE EVIL CHICKEN! BWUK BWUK! IT IS WRITEN; OUR VENGEFUL LORD SHALL FEL ARMADYL, AND TAKE HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE AS THE FEATHERY GOD. IN THE FOWL CODEX 3:14, IT IS WRITTEN "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! BWUK BWUK!". OUR VENGEFUL LORD WILL DELIVER ALL ONTO CLEAN DINNER PLATES!

22-Apr-2021 05:10:25 - Last edited on 22-Apr-2021 05:37:17 by JudgeChicken

JudgeChicken

JudgeChicken

Tren said :
JudgeChicken said :
Can this be moved to Lore Discussion? I made a mistake.

Moved as requested

Thanks! :)
PRAISE THE EVIL CHICKEN! BWUK BWUK! IT IS WRITEN; OUR VENGEFUL LORD SHALL FEL ARMADYL, AND TAKE HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE AS THE FEATHERY GOD. IN THE FOWL CODEX 3:14, IT IS WRITTEN "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! BWUK BWUK!". OUR VENGEFUL LORD WILL DELIVER ALL ONTO CLEAN DINNER PLATES!

22-Apr-2021 06:39:33

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
War is a hill giant, and supposedly the Black Knight Titan is also some kind of giant. A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

23-Apr-2021 01:55:37

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pretty sure War's species was never revealed. He's in the giant section of the official wiki, so it's certainly indicated, but hill giant specifically seems unconfirmed.

The black knight titan also is categorized with the giants, though him dropping regular bones is kinda weird in regards to that (not to mention that with so little lore connected to it, the giant tag on it could just be a relic in the old code with no real meaning outside of of the character being big).

And while bossy mcbossface uses a modified version of the black knight titan's graphics, they are categorized as a zombie and drop no bones to indicate size.

Altogether, there's little to indicate that these npc's share a plane of origin. Though if they do, it's unlikely to be the human home-plane of Teragard since it is still inhabited by humans nowadays.

23-Apr-2021 02:30:48 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2021 02:37:43 by Hguoh

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Pretty sure War's species was never revealed. He's in the giant section of the official wiki, so it's certainly indicated, but hill giant specifically seems unconfirmed.
Hill giant was definitely confirmed. People have mentioned in multiple times in Discord. I think it was around the time of War's Retreat being released, maybe a stream?
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

23-Apr-2021 03:02:10 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2021 03:02:29 by Sepulchre

Hguoh

Hguoh

Sepulchre said :
Hguoh said :
Hill giant was definitely confirmed. People have mentioned in multiple times in Discord. I think it was around the time of War's Retreat being released, maybe a stream?

I mean, it's not anywhere in his dialogue, examine, or wiki page (which lists his race as '?'). Not saying this is definitely an example of the Mandela effect, but I'm not seeing anything to confirm War's race.

24-Apr-2021 13:20:48

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
According to this thread--quick-find code 341-342-990-66051607--as of 2018, War was only ever theorized to be a hill giant. Although someone fairly pointed out that Death calls War a B.F.G. (Big Friendly Giant).

Thematically it makes sense. Death is a human, a race associated with Saradomin. Famine is an aviansie, a race associated with Armadyl. Pestilence is a werewolf, a race associated with Zamorak. It would make sense if War was a giant, which is a race associated with Bandos.

24-Apr-2021 16:49:49

JudgeChicken

JudgeChicken

It's possible he is a giant yeah, however War, Black Knight Titan, and Bossy all share the same large-human build that most summoning titans also have.

Most giants are also much larger than they are too. Hill giants are giant half-naked bumbling monkeys, Moss giants are the same, except they're made of trees, or shrubs, and fire giants share the same build, but don't nearly fumble around as much.

I theorize that there is a Titan race, that are related somewhat to humans/giants, as they are not only big and powerful, but more intelligent compared to other giant species.

26-Apr-2021 08:57:16 - Last edited on 26-Apr-2021 08:59:05 by JudgeChicken

Hguoh

Hguoh

Keep in mind that summoning familiars come from the spiritual realm, whose denizens manifest from the thoughts and beliefs of those on the material planes. As a result, they cannot be related to any races that arose on the material planes which humans certainly did and giants likely did.

In fact, given that the only the Ugthanatos, the camel warriors, are known to originate from the spiritual plane and also permanently reside in the material planes, I find it unlikely that War, the Black Knight Titan, and Bossy Mcbossface are related to summoning titans outside of the vague possibility that they or others like them inspired the beliefs that created the summoning titans.

27-Apr-2021 12:28:31

Quick find code: 341-342-465-66212634 Back to Top