Forums

Seren Armor

Quick find code: 341-342-375-65845172

Sarayen Mena
Apr Member 2011

Sarayen Mena

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So while all the other gods get their own set of runite armor/ other armors (Note the plural) directly associated with it, Seren seems to have gotten the short end of the stick.

She gets the anima core armor, (which costs a ludicrous amount), but lacks other armors that other gods get. Hell even Zaros gets claim to all the Nex armors. Saradomin/Armadyl/Bandos/Zamorak all get their warpriest on top of their own Power Armors.

Seren gets crystal armor and weapons, which is fantastic, but it feels a bit lacking compared to the sheer number of items dedicated to the Original GWD bosses.

Maybe I'm just being picky, but if I want my character to be able to represent Seren for RP purposes, then perhaps some more "cosmetic" style armors like the god rune armors would be a nice addition.

25-Oct-2016 03:32:56

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seren also has 3 cosmetic sets from Priff (musician, worker, and thinker).
Capes for all clans but the one left behind plus one for the combined form.
Seren's symbol (complete and incomplete variants).

And that's in addition to Crystal armor and weapons (and their attuned variants), the anima core armor (and refined variant), and the Wand of the Cywir Elders.

Edit: There's also the 3 Solomon Store sets.

Edit2: Why is this in the Lore Forums?

25-Oct-2016 03:39:43 - Last edited on 25-Oct-2016 03:42:13 by Hguoh

iXavior

iXavior

Posts: 390 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Because. Runite armour is a feeble human invention. Why would elves need such a useless metal when they have indestructible crystal armor? Also, there were rarely any human worshippers of seren back then in the old ages, and given that she was an isolationist back then in nature, if you were one of the rare human Serenists, you would probably live in Tirannwn and be assimilated with elven culture and wore their crystal armor, not runite.

Back then, if you tried to even try to trot around with a necklace with Seren's embellishments outside of Tiranwn, you'd probably be executed by Saradominists, Zarosians, or one of the other prominent gods back then, nevertheless wear a trimmed seren rune armor! It's just heresy! You just couldn't be an open Serenist and live in Ardougne. It's just a no no. You are alone when you walk out of Tirannwn. No Seren army was gonna engage in battle to save your bum.

Unfortunately, the secret to trimming armor was lost long ago, and we don't know how to trim armor ourselves. The only way to acquire trimmed armor nowadays is by digging up the buried past.
I worship Mah, for she is mah homegirl! The correct adjective for Mah's followers are: Mahomies, Mah-homeboys, or Mah-homegirls.

25-Oct-2016 04:14:27 - Last edited on 25-Oct-2016 04:24:41 by iXavior

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think Runeite was one of the metals that would have been fought over during the God Wars as it was common enough in the north to be worth working with. Though with so many soldiers even then it would probably not have been worth the effort as not only was it hard to work with but there was not enough of it to equip an army.

At best the runeite of the era would have been used to create alloys.

Seren was an isolationist. Such armours were not only never required but crystal was far easier to work with and probably a better choice than pure rune armour. Rune armour for combat is the product of the modern Age for wealthy adventurers. In the past it would have been a status symbol and nothing more.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

25-Oct-2016 06:30:34 - Last edited on 25-Oct-2016 06:41:48 by Solanumtinkr

Zack3

Zack3

Posts: 1,644 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
U still got the option of crystal armor (which was cheap last time I checked....... unless that has changed) and the robes from prif as mentioned before, at least serenians got content, not like the godless who only got a......a.....hmmmmm.......well they got a....no no they dont actually.....well how about....... nope they dont have that either..........oh oh oh!..... they got a helmet!....... with crappy stats!....... hurray!

25-Oct-2016 15:01:58

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sarayen Mena said :
So while all the other gods get their own set of runite armor/ other armors (Note the plural) directly associated with it, Seren seems to have gotten the short end of the stick.

She gets the anima core armor, (which costs a ludicrous amount), but lacks other armors that other gods get. Hell even Zaros gets claim to all the Nex armors. Saradomin/Armadyl/Bandos/Zamorak all get their warpriest on top of their own Power Armors.

Seren gets crystal armor and weapons, which is fantastic, but it feels a bit lacking compared to the sheer number of items dedicated to the Original GWD bosses.

Maybe I'm just being picky, but if I want my character to be able to represent Seren for RP purposes, then perhaps some more "cosmetic" style armors like the god rune armors would be a nice addition.

You'll get your seren armor when we get a good set of godless equipment. Get to it, Jagex!
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

28-Oct-2016 06:58:49 - Last edited on 28-Oct-2016 06:58:58 by Lego Miester

Quick find code: 341-342-375-65845172 Back to Top