Forums

The New Feline Race

Quick find code: 341-342-368-65954884

Suehtam
Sep Member 2013

Suehtam

Posts: 522 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In a post quest dialogue of Sliske's Endgame, Armadyl said:

"So i found other world and I met other races. Some were welcoming, accepting of strangers. Others not so much."

"On one world I encountered a feline species who spoke only in song. Beautiful.
Strangely inviting given what should have been an obvius animosity."

"Their matriarch sung the history of her people and it was one of mystery, reverence and wonder."

"Their world was dying though. Its sun growing dark, illuminating them by moonlight alone. Still they sang."

"Songs of joy, for the time they had had. Not songs for a time coming to an end."

How do you guys think about these new race?
What name do you think would be cool for them?
You think jagex could launch a quest involving them?
How do you think they look like? As the feline outfit or something like Khajiit of Skyrim.

I personally have high expectations about this new race.
If I had to choose a name I think it would be "doraenians".
My List of New Game Content Suggestions

03-Oct-2017 21:07:19 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2017 15:21:10 by Suehtam

Mod Raven

Mod Raven

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Whilst subject to change, I'm afraid in my headcanon this race is now deceased and it's unlikely we'll be using them anytime soon.

I am curious about where you got the name "doraenians" from though.

= Raven =

04-Oct-2017 14:50:52

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Raven said :

= Raven =

There's a manga and anime called Doraemon where a cat-like robot is the titular character.

Suehtam's name appears to be derived from that.

My personal suggestion for a species name would be the Felaria (a combination of feline and aria).

04-Oct-2017 15:51:11 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2017 16:04:19 by Hguoh

Suehtam
Sep Member 2013

Suehtam

Posts: 522 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hguoh said :
Mod Raven said :

= Raven =

There's a manga and anime called Doraemon where a cat-like robot is the titular character.

Suehtam's name appears to be derived from that.

yes it was exactly The Doraemon created by Fujiko Fujio that I based.
But it sad to know that they probably are deceased. Poor Armadyl, I hope there are some survivors.
My List of New Game Content Suggestions

04-Oct-2017 16:20:26

MystLunaris

MystLunaris

Posts: 299 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Suehtam said :

"Their world was dying though. Its sun growing dark, illuminating them by moonlight alone. Still they sang."

I think this may be a more interesting part of all this.
As everyone knows moons usually only provide light by reflecting light from the nearest star onto the surcace of the planet they surround.
If the sun was so dark that it didn't provide any light then the moon should've stopped giving off light a long time ago.

Granted this could just be down to a fail by a Jmod.
However it's far more interesting to speculate as if it isn't.

It seems like some race were inhabiting their moon and draining light and potentially other power from the sun to the moon.
Or it could be the case that their planet was just one of many in a solar system.
Perhaps on another planet there was a race of advanced underground dwelling creatures.
But suddenly the stability of their underground networks failed and they had to deal with cave ins and floodings forcing them above ground into sunlight they were not adapted to deal with.
In desperation for their race's survival they started draining the sun of light.
And maybe even attempted to redirect some of that light into the moons of other planets in that solar system in the hopes that any creatures living on those planets that needed the sun would still survive.
Or the moon of the cat people was actually made of some transparent crystal structure with a lava core generating huge amounts of light.
Hell, you could even have something like the moon having an abundance of magnesium and enough other chemicals and catalysts to be constantly undergoing a chemical recation which generates a huge amount of light and heat.
99-120 Skill content , Skilling boss ideas , Talents , God Emissary D&D/Minigame , Vampyric and Elven tech trees

04-Dec-2017 09:16:17 - Last edited on 04-Dec-2017 09:38:21 by MystLunaris

Mod Raven

Mod Raven

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
MystLunaris said :
Granted this could just be down to a fail by a Jmod.
However it's far more interesting to speculate as if it isn't.

It wasn't and it was done exactly for the second sentence in that quote. ;)

= Raven =

04-Dec-2017 11:25:17 - Last edited on 04-Dec-2017 11:25:34 by Mod Raven

Quick find code: 341-342-368-65954884 Back to Top