Forums

Love letters from the dead

Quick find code: 341-342-333-65985724

Mod Meadows

Mod Meadows

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey guys,

As it's LGBT History month, we thought it would be worth sharing two unreleased lore letters that were written for "Nomads' Elegy" by Mod Moltare.

These lore letters were due to be released with the quest, however due to lack of time to implement (and Mod Raven's terrible memory) they were sadly unreleased.

We hope you enjoy them!

Original message details are unavailable.
Jessika,

I still miss you. Sappy way to start it off, I suppose. It's the plain truth, though.

I don't regret the circumstances of my death. I'd have preferred to go down fighting, but between all our efforts we saved the world and that's better than some get. That, and of the two of us I'm the one who could expect to give my life in the line of duty, while you were just too precious to me.

Was that selfish of me? All stoic about my own end and the thought of you suffering the same fate was unbearable, and I didn't really stop to consider it the other way round. I suppose it was, when I look at it like that. Forgive me?

I'm told you're a Commander now. Wish I could have seen that. You were certainly a quick learner, I imagine you make a fine Void Knight. Just don't get killed out there (If I'm going to be selfish about this, might as well go all the way), I want you to have a long and enjoyable life. I'll wait here for you, enjoying the tales of your deeds, until we're together again.

All my love,

K

Original message details are unavailable.
Korasi,

I hear from Void Knights who pass through here that you barely rest since we parted, always fighting pests, always driving yourself on. The stories of your bravery, of those you have saved at shocking personal risk, of valiant last stands rescued at the last minute, seem to impress them very much. Well, you always were an inspiration, you magnificent woman.

I know you, for all we had barely a few months together, and I know what you're up to. Stop it at once. There is still a Gielinor out there, with people and sights and so many good things, and you had time to show me only a little of it.

Don't burn yourself up in vengeance. Don't get yourself killed for me. Live on, for my sake; enjoy the world we saved together. Love again, if you find the right person. Eventually the time will come that we'll be reunited.

Until that day I remain,

Forever yours,

Jess

We hope this can spark a interesting discussion about diversity and inclusion within RuneScape as a game and its characters, and would welcome any thoughts you have on the subject.

Cheers,

Mod Meadows.
@JagexMeadows
~RuneScape Community Management.
~ Mod Meadows ~ Forum Curator ~ Tweet Me @JagexMeadows ~

02-Feb-2018 15:05:12 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2018 15:31:00 by Mod Meadows

Maximus Gugu
Jul Member 2014

Maximus Gugu

Posts: 230 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you SO MUCH for this, Meadows 💙 RuneScape 3 is such an amazing place to be identified as a LGBT+, we have a lot to see about that, Armadyl, Angof and now this. #LoveWins
¨*•. ­ Maximus
...'...
| the Wikian · Brazilian Community
`·._.•*¨ Gugu
''
| 2017 Golden Gnome Winner

02-Feb-2018 15:21:57

Wahisietel
Oct Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex forcing the gay agenda yet again smh, why won't you think of the children. Riot W66 Falador now. Oh wait this isn't OSRS

Nice to see this ship is actually canon. Would be nice to see it actually go in-game.
You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

02-Feb-2018 15:32:15 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2018 16:13:06 by Wahisietel

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This got my hopes up we would be able to receive love letters from beloved deceased NPCs addressed to us.

Damn it Meadows.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

02-Feb-2018 15:38:27 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2018 15:39:36 by Zulkir

Wahisietel
Oct Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ShaunDreclin said :
Add these to the game! You could just find them in a box or on a bookshelf in the relevant areas, they don't need to be tied into the quest itself or anything.

Presumably the idea behind these is Korasi/Jessika give them to you post-quest to deliver to Jessika/Korasi. Maybe if they were added, they could be delivered to Tyr instead since Jessika/Korasi are nowhere ingame post TVSB.
You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

02-Feb-2018 16:12:20 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2018 16:52:02 by Wahisietel

Quick find code: 341-342-333-65985724 Back to Top