Forums

KS Did Sliske...

Quick find code: 341-342-331-65806737

Mainston

Mainston

Posts: 5,834 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so when Sliske used the staff of Armadyl to try and siphon out the players soul... did he also siphon off guthix's gift? this would mean were now vulnerable to god magic... but we could also become a god :O Fear the almighty Woo Lord ...

27-Jun-2016 07:28:46

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Posts: 12,465 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mainston said :
so when Sliske used the staff of Armadyl to try and siphon out the players soul... did he also siphon off guthix's gift? this would mean were now vulnerable to god magic... but we could also become a god :O

You will never become a god. This is a horrible blasphemy.
The Asgarnian ale must flow.

27-Jun-2016 07:30:31

Mainston

Mainston

Posts: 5,834 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
William Witt said :
Mainston said :
so when Sliske used the staff of Armadyl to try and siphon out the players soul... did he also siphon off guthix's gift? this would mean were now vulnerable to god magic... but we could also become a god :O

i'm going to turn into a chicken when i get my god magic. say hi to Ernest
Fear the almighty Woo Lord ...

27-Jun-2016 07:31:53

William Witt
Aug Member 2023

William Witt

Posts: 12,465 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mainston said :
William Witt said :
Mainston said :

i'm going to turn into a chicken when i get my god magic. say hi to Ernest

Ha! Saradomin will propeck me. I bawk at your claicks.
The Asgarnian ale must flow.

27-Jun-2016 07:43:02 - Last edited on 27-Jun-2016 07:44:17 by William Witt

Aterivus
Dec Member 2020

Aterivus

Posts: 6,733 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe Mod Raven mentioned something along the lines that he " may have taken something more " than just a piece of our soul when asked if this meant he siphoned off some of our fancypants Guthix power.

So, to answer your question, both yes and no. He more than likely took some of the power, but not enough to affect us in such a large way that it negated it in its entirety. Though, whatever Sliske's planning with it, he probably didn't need to take all of it anyway.
" All great changes are preceded by chaos. "

|
Lorehound
| |
Quester
| |
Skiller
|
PvMer
| |
One Cool Mamajama
| ~
Atty
: Your Favourite Bald Guy

27-Jun-2016 08:17:10

Kemtros
Aug Member 2022

Kemtros

Posts: 5,407 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think we've completely lost our World Guardian ability. From what I heard, Raven teased something like "Oh, nothing important, just a little bit of the World Guardian essence." He probably needs it for a similar reason he took Nomad at the end of Elegy. He's probably gathering pieces for a trump card in his Endgame.

27-Jun-2016 16:45:58

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would this be affected by sparing or killing Nomad? The way I see it Sliske gets a rich and powerful soul on top of the amounts of souls absorbed by him, allowing him to milk them at his leisure if Nomad is spared. Which is why I killed him. But then killing Nomad may mean that Sliske gets the souls absorbed by him more easily and quickly. For me, it was a choice between letting Sliske get an army of wights quickly and deprive him of getting a Barrows super brother...or the alternative. Then again the worst could happen either way. Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

27-Jun-2016 18:14:31

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sliske's power controls the Barrows Brothers and he siphoned off a small part of us. That has consequences. As was witnessed at the end of KS. He may have handed us the key the Barrows Brothers.

Any barrier he erects to only let him pass will probably be tainted by what he took from us, so we maybe able to bypass his protections.

The fact is that act and his failure to follow through may have far reaching consequences. There is no guarantee that even if he had siphoned us completely that he would have gained control of us. Not for long. Possession is 9 tenths of the law and passing through to sliske...well it might be interesting to take that sack bones for a joyride. A quick jaunt through some of the most harrowing quests and suicide missions that we can dig up in our brand new sliske suit. Fun.

For sale: One sack of Sliskesn bones, one not so careful owner and one complete maniac ^_^
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

27-Jun-2016 20:11:25 - Last edited on 27-Jun-2016 20:16:41 by Solanumtinkr

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He stole a bit of it.

What I'm more concerned about is if we're even relevant in the world anymore.

Can gods just teleport us away? Can they one shot us now?

There are only 2 quests till Endgame, so we won't be apart from our dear Soul for too long, but enough to make me worry we're just some peasant now instead of this fate altering badass.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

27-Jun-2016 21:11:45 - Last edited on 27-Jun-2016 21:12:16 by Zulkir

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zulkir said :
He stole a bit of it.

What I'm more concerned about is if we're even relevant in the world anymore.

Can gods just teleport us away? Can they one shot us now?

There are only 2 quests till Endgame, so we won't be apart from our dear Soul for too long, but enough to make me worry we're just some ****** now instead of this fate altering badass.
We are still us. Even if we were stripped of it all....we'd find a way. Though without our Guardian protection, it would have to be a surprise as well as sudden and instantly deadly. Killing them without them being aware of us or having a chance to explain, surrender or anything other such tactic would be the only path where we wouldn't get squashed like a bug.

Sounds extreme but it would be our only chance as with no protection they'd twist our mind like a pretzel. Even if only by accident, the first time they lay eyes on us.

While our Guardian power lets us be mouthy, it's probably also the only way we'll be able to settle things without extreme measures.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

27-Jun-2016 21:24:18

Quick find code: 341-342-331-65806737 Back to Top