Forums

Compare the Gods to Animals

Quick find code: 341-342-302-65664535

iXavior

iXavior

Posts: 390 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know how the Desert Pantheon are associated with different animals? Tumeken symbolizes a Falcon, Elidinis a Hippo, Amascut a Lioness, and Icthlarin a Jackal.

Well, what if we did this to all the other gods? What would their animal be based off of personality and lore ? (and yes, this thread discusses lore, so it should belong in this section. You use lore to justify your answer.) You can use any culture's symbolism of an animal.

Here is my list (just a sample):

Zaros
- Spider. (Zaros wants to become fate itself and govern from the shadow realm. Spiders pull and manipulate their strings from the shadows, encircling their prey with their webs and deciding their fate. Plus, spiders are also based off the Three Fates from Greek Mythology.)

Seren
- Doe (a deer, a female deer). (Seren seeks to nurture rather than rule. She is motherly and loving towards her elves, and wants peace. A Doe symbolizes peace, benevolence, beauty, and love.)

Saradomin
- lion. (Both are proud, noble, dignified, wise, authoritative, and short-tempered. Lions live in a pride with a head-honcho (saradomin).)

Armadyl
- Bald eagle or Phoenix (Armadyl wants justice and freedom just as the bald eagle symbolizes. However, lately, he describes himself as a phoenix, as he believes he's been reborn into something better.)

Zamorak
- scorpion (both symbolize chaos and strength). Although, I could go for a pack of wolves. A pack of wolves going around terrorizing everything and causing destruction.

Guthix
- turtle. (Guthix doesn't want to be noticed or worshipped. Turtles don't want to be noticed either. They sort of live a hermit life, sleeping in their shells, and away from others.

Disagree? Agree? Have your own list of ideas? Have some ideas for the other gods? Discuss below!
I worship Mah, for she is mah homegirl! The correct adjective for Mah's followers are: Mahomies, Mah-homeboys, or Mah-homegirls.

12-Aug-2015 00:36:18 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2015 00:37:36 by iXavior

Miseryoflife
Aug Member 2006

Miseryoflife

Posts: 214 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I sorta disagree with the one about Zaros because he has given up on the idea of becoming fate though I would still say Zaros most fits a spider or maybe an owl wise but still very much a predator.
Balance within one's self
and
balance within the world
balance must be maintained.

12-Aug-2015 00:56:09

Chaos Lupus

Chaos Lupus

Posts: 9,633 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wolves would be a fitting comparison for Zamorak, or at least as fitting of a comparison as a species could be to a fictional god.

"Zamorak believes in unity in the face of adversity."
-Bilrach

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack."
-Rudyard Kipling

Wolves also symbolize an appetite for freedom, among other things, and if anyone embodies such a concept it's Zamorak.
The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

12-Aug-2015 00:56:56 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2015 00:57:18 by Chaos Lupus

Svigris

Svigris

Posts: 806 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chaos Lupus said :
Wolves would be a fitting comparison for Zamorak, or at least as fitting of a comparison as a species could be to a fictional god.

"Zamorak believes in unity in the face of adversity."
-Bilrach

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack."
-Rudyard Kipling

Wolves also symbolize an appetite for freedom, among other things, and if anyone embodies such a concept it's Zamorak.

Well put.

Strength really isn't actually "that" important to Zamorakianism (its more of a Bandosian thing). However, we do have a surprising amount of communalism and pursuit towards a goal. While we can act individually coming together to overcome a challenge is a keystone of the philosophy. However at the end the goal normally is to promote the individuals.

Wolf works well for a representative for Zamorak.

However we did manage to forget the late god of war. What do you think his animal would be.

12-Aug-2015 01:12:40 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2015 01:14:43 by Svigris

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
iXavior said :

Armadyl
- Bald eagle or Phoenix (Armadyl wants justice and freedom just as the bald eagle symbolizes. However, lately, he describes himself as a phoenix, as he believes he's been reborn into something better.)

don't remind me of Armadyl's obsession with pheonixes... :P
Carn

12-Aug-2015 01:34:22

Aterivus
Dec Member 2020

Aterivus

Posts: 6,733 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps a Wolverine for Bandos? Animal symbolism signifies a wolverine as a ferocious creature of an uncompromising nature - wild, aggressive, adaptive, commanding, and uncompromising.

A wolverine is an animal with fierce presence, and cares little for what others think of it. Above all, it simply is a creature that will never back down, has a mean strike a mile long, and is prone to outbursts of berserk (perhaps uncontrollable) bloodlust.

Seems rather apt for Bandos, if you ask me.
" All great changes are preceded by chaos. "

|
Lorehound
| |
Quester
| |
Skiller
|
PvMer
| |
One Cool Mamajama
| ~
Atty
: Your Favourite Bald Guy

12-Aug-2015 02:52:03

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Saradomin: Snake.

Armadyl: Cockroach.

Zaros: Spider sounds about right.

Zamorak: Wolf.

Seren: Rabbit.

Guthix: Panda.

Bandos: Chicken.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

12-Aug-2015 05:45:26

Eren Lapucet

Eren Lapucet

Posts: 1,658 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros - Fox.
Saradomin - Owl.
Armadyl - Eagle.
Sliske - Snake.
Zamorak - Wolf (not even going to try and be original).
Bandos - Wild boar.
Guthix - Dog.
Seren - Deer.
Unaligned God - Tyrannosaurs Rex.
I'm too Unaligned to have a forum signature.

12-Aug-2015 07:40:25 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2015 07:43:02 by Eren Lapucet

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros- Dragon. Not the menacing cliche ones who sit on gold. But the ancient ones from often Chinese mythology.

Seren- Doe. Had this is mind when first saw the title of the thread.

Saradomin- Rat.

Zamorak- Lobster. Like a scorpion, but red and more comical like the real Zamorak.

Armadyl- Parrot.

V- Ex-Parrot.

Guthix- Ex-ex-Parrot.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

12-Aug-2015 12:06:23

Quick find code: 341-342-302-65664535 Back to Top